DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Cross

Study Hall

On 10/4/2018 at 3:41 PM, The Bard Babe said:

So cute! I sent in my third research proposal draft for my phd. Everyone cross your fingers for a scholarship please!

I will!!!!

Image result for crossed fingers

No idea. I started the process for this in January after turning down a different PhD where I would have been doing the grunt work for someone else's research. But since then they've compeltely overhauled the system and it's taken them this long to get to it. I had to re-write my research proposal for the new system because it's now 1500 words instead of 250, which is great, except for the fact that they only noticed mine was still the old system because my supervisor caught it as they started looking at them for this scholarship round and I had to write it so fast. Aaaaaagh. Ah well. It's in. It's finally actually being reviewed. Hopefully not too much longer. 

Edited by The Bard Babe

Yes and no? I've committed to this, and where before it was a certain thing, I've realised I have no plan B if this falls through. This was a pretty big change for me from where my path was headed and if it doesn't work out, I'll be bummed out cause I don't get to do it, but I'm mostly scared of having to find something to do if I can't do this. 

And of course, I've been waiting to hear about this for ten months haha. 

Yeah that's my other option if yhis doesn't work out. Either do a performance masters somewhere in my country but a different state, or find another school that does music performance psychology phds I guess. But I have my amazing supervisor and an associate supervisor with a whole lab on my topic down in NSW so it would just be so amazing to do it here. 

started studying watercolor techniques, especially or buildings. i want to seriously upgrade my game for volume three of the sovereigncy

volume three of this

we're pretty much wrapping up the second volume  now, then have an interlude before the third volume. but i've been wanting to up the watercolors, itching to upgrade it anyway. and a new volume would be the perfect point to. 

and totally i will

A friend of mine helped a few of us with painting and blending. I really want to do more.

well the first experiment in a watercolor upgrade begins this week. just tested copic markers on the paper and there’s very little bleed so we shall see!

Oh wow! That is beautiful! What paints are you using? (Did you really draw that? :O)

i’m using watercolors. i use them weekly but want to reallyup the skill levle, so been watching some videos. trying out what i learned on this piece. so flats and blocking out is the first step.

and yes i did

My lineart is super weak, but i seriously want to play with my paints on some of yours! Looing great so far!

*makes gimmie hands* 

giphy.gif

Edited by Arie

Oh my word that is gorgeous, Cross! Water colours are seriously difficult - I struggled terribly with them. It's like painting in reverse / mirror image, and my spatial perception is just too pathetic for the job. I salute you, my lady!

thanks. yeah they are a bit like that arent they? light colors working to the darker ones. 

its a mindset thing i think, why people struggle with them. you cant expect them to work like other paints. and a lot of people think of the water as a diluter or cleaning fluid when with watercolors you have to think of it as another type of paint as well. 

there are some seriously realistic watercolor pieces especially when it comes to buildings, that's a level i want to get to as i usually tend to skimp on structures in my strip. 

Edited by Cross