DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Cross

Study Hall

I have yet to narrow it down. Pondering some things. Many people don’t know that it doesn’t say “you shall not kill.” It says “murder.” There is a difference.

indeed. probably one of the most incorrectly quoted ones out there. 

16 hours ago, Cross said:

indeed. probably one of the most incorrectly quoted ones out there. 

I'll let you know where I decide to go with this and see what you think.

sweet! it'll be interesting to see where you go with it. hear your voice on the topic. 

I hope you’ll have suggestions once I decide on a direction!

This is a cool thread I completely missed!! I'm about to start research into attention in music, but attention in general is just the most interesting topic! Watch the Apollo Robbins ted talk (he's a pickpocket magician and has some fun demonstrations haha). 

Also I'm currently researching music practice psychology and trying to come up with some new programs and all sorts of fun stuff and it's exactly what I was hoping I'd get to do when I started leaning towards academia :p 

Also yeah, big fan of Khan Academy. I'm making myself learn statistics because I really need to be able to understand the results sections of the papers I read haha. I dropped maths in grade 11! I don't enjoy it! But learning stats is ok. I like how Khan has things set up. 

so i've studied the slice of life genre, and got one comic going. so now my partner wants to do another. which means a slightly different kind of study for me. i get to stalk him and study his face and apartment so i can draw him right. 

thats not awkward at all...

hahah, that sounds completely normal :laugh:

I've not been doing much learning lately, my head has been all over the place but I think I'm finally settling down. I might try basic yoga - it's a new skill, it's exercise, and it might help my brain from not going all over the place again. 

On 7/19/2018 at 6:22 AM, blank said:

hahah, that sounds completely normal :laugh:

I've not been doing much learning lately, my head has been all over the place but I think I'm finally settling down. I might try basic yoga - it's a new skill, it's exercise, and it might help my brain from not going all over the place again. 

I took yoga classes for 5 years.

I used to do some yoga - mostly stretches, but I get bored before it's been 10 minutes. I feel better aafterward, though. I should start it again. 

currently been researching literary agents and agencies and how all that works and how to craft a query letter... yay new stuff!

17 hours ago, Cross said:

currently been researching literary agents and agencies and how all that works and how to craft a query letter... yay new stuff!

Oh lordy, good luck with that! We tried the same thing with my sister's novels, but we don't have agents here in South Africa, and getting through to publishers is beyond ridiculous.

Have you looked at Tor? Your book would fall in their genre.

would it? for whatever reason i always relate tor to things like gee....the WoT

22 hours ago, Cross said:

would it? for whatever reason i always relate tor to things like gee....the WoT

Yours is fantasy, so yeah!

i shall look into it, i'm going to try agents first and if nothing bites i'll try the straight to publisher. it's weird though, i think dystopia should be its own genre but somehow it isnt really

Have you guys seen the website/app Instructables?  Going to learn about rockets with my daughter, the DYI class on building rockets.  We'll start with the stomp rocket.

Edited by thehumantrashcan

Well, I learned leather book binding in the SCA event "Academia" along with stick weaving.

YC3qHJm.jpg?2

j35xW0f.jpg?2

I haven't finished a weaving project yet but I loved making the book and really want to make more. I'm happy you guys liked it. :)

Tomorrow, I'm planning to paint tiny birdhouses for decorations.

I was painting with a friend and we thought that too. I think we might get larger ones and make gingerbread houses.