DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Cross

Study Hall

they’re basically little snapshots of his life with his wife. day to day instances

it looks like they’re about life. it was so super realistic it was a little hard to look at in a few panels lol.

yes, the stupid ppl ... if i count to 10 they post 10 more stupid things i havd to deal with. it’s not true that there’s no such thing as a dumb question :/. DM and my family and friends sopoiled me. i never learned the skills I need for communicating with the hard of thinking. it really is a study thing. 

7 hours ago, Mrs. Cindy Gill said:

it’s not true that there’s no such thing as a dumb question :/. 

I like to say it's not so much that there are dumb questions, it's just mostly just dumb people asking questions.

20 hours ago, Cross said:

they’re basically little snapshots of his life with his wife. day to day instances

That's good stuff. Funny, sexy, true-to-life, etc.

On 3/16/2018 at 12:06 PM, Cross said:

Well, I think that's really awesome.

ahhh guys. I love learning things but find I find I don't have mucb headspace for it, between work and the things I need to do at home. Any tips on keeping a routine that lasts more than a couple of sessions?

I think it has to be fun and something you are interested in. Maybe start easy with a Podcast you like and start by listening 10 minutes or so a day.

also it's key to set aside specific time for it. things like this fall too easily into 'i can do it later.' or do it 'whenever' and whenever never happens

what my brownie sister said. learning after school should be a joy and a pursuit you wish to take. 

5 hours ago, Cross said:

what my brownie sister said. learning after school should be a joy and a pursuit you wish to take. 

I'm not really interested in economics. However, I am interested in how our trade policies and aid effect the world. So, I need to start with the basics and move forward.

Other than that, I pursue things I enjoy.  Life's too short to spend on things that bore you.

Also, like Cross said. Set aside time.

On 3/18/2018 at 7:31 PM, Elaevia said:

ahhh guys. I love learning things but find I find I don't have mucb headspace for it, between work and the things I need to do at home. Any tips on keeping a routine that lasts more than a couple of sessions?

I started listening to some podcasts on my way to work. Every previous job I've had I've gotten the bus so I read on the way to work. Now I walk to work which is healthier so I'm pleased about it but it just seems like a wasted hour! 

It's not wasted because you are getting exercise and learning or enjoying something.

What podcast are you listening to?

Edited by Ryrin

I'm listening to Last Podcast on the Left. It's very 18+ and they make a lot of jokes so if you would be uncomfortable about jokes about murder etc please don't listen. 

However I enjoy that kind of humour from time to time so I'm very much liking it!

I started on one of my courses. "Death Dying and the Afterlife: Lessons from World Cultures."

On 4/16/2018 at 5:51 PM, Ryrin said:

I started on one of my courses. "Death Dying and the Afterlife: Lessons from World Cultures."

That's really interesting Ryrin!

Is it good so far?

so part of my journey in studying slice of life comics. it's starting to translate! 

and turning into a study on how to color digitally. which is not as fun as studying the form in the first place. 

5adbfd0fb7065_gitbcolors.jpg.1415260504c761a6e5a76327c3d5096e.jpg

currently looking into how to paint realistic 3D rocks for a miniature

My next art goal Is to pain river rocks.

I’m looking into flats and rental agreements in my city as me and my lovely boyfriend are looking for a place to live together! Yay!

I listened to 5 lectures on one topic and 1 lecture on another topic from my Great Courses. I was outside in my lounge chair with a drink and my doggies. Each lecture was about 30 minutes.

What topic are you doing just now Ry?

“Death, Dying, and the Afterlife: Lessons from World Cultures.”

”The Other Side of History: Daily Life in the Ancient World.”

The first one is taught by a Professor at Hamline University. The second one is from Colgate University.

The first course should help immediately. In two weeks I’m giving a drash (sermon) at my synagogue. I was asked to choose one of the Ten Commandments. I chose “You shall not murder.”

what all are you covering on that commandment? it’s a broader more complex topic than meets the eye