DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hi from the Philippines

Forshookt

• RP - LEGACY

Welcome to DM. There is certainly a lot to explore. Feel free to wander around and ask questions. I know we have members from all around the world. And as to the Companion, that's probably a personal choice. I currently have a copy out from the library and am almost done with Book Seven.

As to the community here, folks are friendly and are more than willing to offer assistance, answer questions, discuss the series, and have fun. There are portions of the site to RPing, if that interests you, and there are the Social Boards as well. There's always something happening somewhere on the site. Just be aware that there are additional things going on within the various groups that you will get access to if you choose to join them.

Welcome, Forshookt!

Hm, I think you flip through a physical copy of the Companion before buying, if you can, to make sure it is what you want. It depends on why you may wish o get it!

We also have a role-play side of DM, too, if you’re interested! :)

1 minute ago, Jagen Sedai said:

Welcome, Forshookt!

Hm, I think you flip through a physical copy of the Companion before buying, if you can, to make sure it is what you want. It depends on why you may wish o get it!

We also have a role-play side of DM, too, if you’re interested! :)

OMG i can't believe I didn't join this site the moment I knew I was hooked on the series seven years ago. Where is the rp side of the site? Also, I HAVE FOUND MY NEW HOME ON THE INTERNET

Nice!! I think (maybe) you can see *some* RP forums; at least maybe the OOC (out of character) boards. Or the Biography and Welcome boards. If not you can ask you join I think. 

I am always trying to recruit people to the RP side; we’re a bit slow right now but trying. The more people who join, the better! Glad to have you!!

Welcome to your new home, Forshookt!  :laugh:

Hope to see you around the place - I'm mostly lurking in the Black Tower and the White Tower, personally.  

Let us know if you have any questions, there are a lot of helpful sorts that would be happy to answer!

On 3/5/2018 at 7:36 PM, Forshookt said:

Hello everyone! I am a WoT fan from the Philippines and I just joined up. Two questions: are there any other fans from the same country that are users here and should I buy the Companion? Looking forward to communing with y'all! 

Oh wow ... I don't think we have anyone else from the Philippines here, but I mostly hang out at the Social Side so I could be wrong. Welcome to DM! It's wonderful to add yet another dot to our world map hehehe ... I'm from South Africa, and we have people from all over the world here!

I would recommend the first "companion" book, which we all fondly call the Big White Book (BWB) for short. It's a bit wrong and outdated in places, but it's miles better than the 2nd one.

13 hours ago, Elgee said:

I would recommend the first "companion" book, which we all fondly call the Big White Book (BWB) for short. It's a bit wrong and outdated in places, but it's miles better than the 2nd one.

In terms of lore, is the BWB better than the Companion? I think I've also read that the illustrations are...wrong, except for the maps

The illustrations in the BWB are HORRIBLE and I can't believe it ever got approved for printing... they should really, REALLY release an updated version. (Then again, I guess the Companion IS the updated version, since it has all of that information and more).

The Companion is miles better, but a person doesn't need both unless you're a collector. (The Companion still left a lot to be desired though... *sigh*) But also, the BWB doesn't have spoilers. That I recall.

7 minutes ago, Illian Tear said:

I wasn't talking about RPing, but ok

Hahaha, sorry. But even in the books, I preferred the White Tower. They have the best library in the known world. Nuff said. Plus, there are buildings nearby that are shaped like cats and fish. And they have a canteen. 

On 3/5/2018 at 8:19 PM, Forshookt said:

Thank you everyone! Can anyone recommend great RPs going on? I think I am much suited to play an Aes Sedai than a male channeler, no offense. 

Yessss, we have active characters in the White Tower! *nods vigorously* Come join! @Taymist heads the RP division. And you can find information on the Boards about how and where to submit biographies for characters! @Kathleen heads the White Tower, and WT bios ended up getting submitted to her.

Check out this board. It'll help get you started!

Edited by Jagen Sedai

On 3/5/2018 at 10:04 AM, Forshookt said:

OMG i can't believe I didn't join this site the moment I knew I was hooked on the series seven years ago. Where is the rp side of the site? Also, I HAVE FOUND MY NEW HOME ON THE INTERNET

Welcome!  It's my home too, in the White Tower and Warders. Please come by and see us. :) I think you'll enjoy the role play too!

The Companion is like a dictionary of characters. When Moiraine had two lines, I wasn't impressed.

Edited by Ryrin

I was disappointed the Companion didn’t say how Moiraine and Lan made it to the Two Rivers riight in the nick of time. 

I’m also disappointed only one Black Ajah member had her readon listed for going to the Shadow. 

It also had no Ajah customs which I also found disappointing.  

Maybe one day they’ll release another with more information on random subjects. I hope so anyway. RJ HAD to have a ton of notes left behind about stuff that didn’t make it into the books but was nonetheless part of them. 

1 minute ago, Jagen Sedai said:

I was disappointed the Companion didn’t say how Moiraine and Lan made it to the Two Rivers riight in the nick of time. 

He had no notes from New Spring to Eye of the World, sadly.

Edited by Ryrin