DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

March Chitter Chatter (2018)

Ryrin

• Club Leader

Right now, I'm trying to balance easy cooking with nutrition for the munchkin. I'm the primary meal-giver for him, now that mom's working. She feeds him dry cereal in the morning, and he often skips lunch. When I get him, he gets a snack at 4 and dinner at 6ish. I don't want to throw something in the oven and be tied to a timer, in case I can't get away right then. I also don't want to leave him in the living room and stand at the stove, although I do grilled cheese sometimes. So, mostly it's microwave foods or sandwiches. He loves chow mein, so I try to do Panda Express at least once a week. He eats half my chow mein. which is reasonably healthy, with the veggies they put in it. I went to the store tonight and stocked the freezer for him - well, for both of us, because I don't cook for me in the evenings, either. I forgot how tough it is to feed small children. 

My kids were very picky. Grilled cheese and macaroni and cheese were favorites as well as pizza and peanut butter waffles. Oh, they liked breast nuggets. Lol, usually not on the healthy diet. Both were premature and had trouble with textures. The occupational therapist worked with my youngest.

• Club Leader

Pizza is one of his faves, although he eats the stuff off the crust and leaves the crust. Not enough teeth yet to manage it, I think. He also loves waffles, but I hadn't tried peanut butter. I think we'll do waffles tonight. I buy the cinnamon ones, and he likes those well enough. 

Coming into this late....but our family's favorite teething snack (for like, 3 generations now) is frozen peas. The kids eat them up like candy and they soothe the gums around the teeth at the same time. Literally just put frozen peas on a plate (other frozen veggies are good too for chewing and the like, but the little round peas have just the right shape and texture to be fun and safetly swallowed). Bonus of getting kids to eat a veggie. :wink:

Too busy during the day. Lady I had never thought of that. I used to massage their gums with my finger or else use a clean washcloth, put some water on it, and let it freeze. My sons didn't like the teething rings. 

Edited by Ryrin

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, Kinsters. I’m sorry I haven’t been around much. My husband’s car died and we had to get loan approval and then car shop.

I got sick from a restaurant.

Then my son was coming home from work on the freeway. He drove a full size 4 door F 150 truck. A tire blew and his truck rolled forward. He went to the hospital. He was given a CT scan and X-Ray. He’s ok! I was really shaken up. Next, I had to deal with the insurance. They were good. I have State Farm. Now we are looking for another truck.

Then Passover.

:-/