DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

March Chitter Chatter (2018)

Ryrin

• Club Leader

That's awesome, LadyLiliana! (Do you have a preferred nickname?) 

My life is hectic now. I still have my job, and now I babysit in the evenings for my daughter to go to her new job. My son covers the inbetween times. She starts at 4 and I often work until 4 or 5. I still take care of my mom, too. Getting her cooking done is challenging around all the other things I am doing. 

In spite of how busy I am, I have managed to carve out time for a relationship. As of last night, I am officially in one. It's nice after years of dating, never more than a month or so with any one guy, if that. Most only made it to one or two dates. 

So that's what's up with me. 

Hi, Lily and Lady!

I have a 20 year old son that lives with us. He is going to college and working as a Fireman-EMT. He’s never home! We are going to a dinner on Saturday as he was chosen Fireman of the Year.

My other son is 27 and works as a software developer in Seattle (after the Air Force.)

My husband and I are enjoying our empty nest.

Lily, you still have a lot of caretaking to do and your grandson is so cute. I’m hoping you get some downtime somewhere in there. 

Lady, I am so happy you were able to come back and join us. Please sign in at the Roll Call thread. We are pretty laid back here!

Edited by Ryrin

just been plugging away at things, started and am almost done with a mural for the preschool room at church. so getting to know the children's director a bit more which is nice. my partner and i have been looking into new ad programs for our site and testing that out. and i'm trying to work myself out of a creative slump. getting there just slowly

Well it's been a busy week so far! Yesterday we had a field trip to the state Science Museum. My husband took off work and so we got to do that as a family which was awesomely fun. Now I'm working from my folks' house for  two days helping watch my niece and three nephews (all under the age of 7, the twins are 1.5 ) while my brother and sister-in-law are out of town for a wedding! 

4 hours ago, Cross said:

just been plugging away at things, started and am almost done with a mural for the preschool room at church. so getting to know the children's director a bit more which is nice. my partner and i have been looking into new ad programs for our site and testing that out. and i'm trying to work myself out of a creative slump. getting there just slowly

I love pre-school kids. You have a new children's director? How long has she been there?

1 hour ago, LadyWordsmith said:

Well it's been a busy week so far! Yesterday we had a field trip to the state Science Museum. My husband took off work and so we got to do that as a family which was awesomely fun. Now I'm working from my folks' house for  two days helping watch my niece and three nephews (all under the age of 7, the twins are 1.5 ) while my brother and sister-in-law are out of town for a wedding! 

It's only two days. Keep telling yourself that. Lol.

Lol. Yes, it's two days with a group of very sweet kids. I've been in schools long enough they are not frightening. ;) And compared to some, extremely well behaved. It's more the "I still have to work during the day" while I'm there that makes it a bit nuts. 

dunno if you'd say 'new' new. she's been here maybe three/four years? just the only real time i've spent with her is during the kids Christmas play and i'm running sound. so working with her on the mural is the first one on one no kids running around time. its been fun, she's a talker so been learning more about eachother. 

On 3/1/2018 at 5:02 PM, Cross said:

dunno if you'd say 'new' new. she's been here maybe three/four years? just the only real time i've spent with her is during the kids Christmas play and i'm running sound. so working with her on the mural is the first one on one no kids running around time. its been fun, she's a talker so been learning more about eachother. 

Well, she’s kinda new to you.

Last night my son was awarded Fireman of the Year for his department. His Captain said wonderful things and he was given several certificates, one from our congressman, and one from the State Senate. The dinner was wonderful and I was able to speak with the mayor and the Captain’s wife. Our department had a really good turn out.

19 hours ago, Ryrin said:

Last night my son was awarded Fireman of the Year for his department. His Captain said wonderful things and he was given several certificates, one from our congressman, and one from the State Senate. The dinner was wonderful and I was able to speak with the mayor and the Captain’s wife. Our department had a really good turn out.

That is AWESOME!  Congratulations to him (and you).  That is quiet the achievement.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Club Leader

He was up for an hour or so before his mommy got home. 

Nope. No leisure time yesterday. Today, however, we are both off of work. I have to go in and work on a project, but that's way different than actual work, if you know what I mean. I get to go in and crochet for a couple of hours. 

On 3/18/2018 at 10:17 AM, LilyElizabeth said:

He was up for an hour or so before his mommy got home. 

Nope. No leisure time yesterday. Today, however, we are both off of work. I have to go in and work on a project, but that's way different than actual work, if you know what I mean. I get to go in and crochet for a couple of hours. 

Well, that sounds like fun. Are you teaching a class?

Edited by Ryrin

• Club Leader

It's a sample to lure people into signing up for a class for me to teach. I taught Learn to Crochet yesterday and both women are planning to sign up for another class. 

That child hasn't slept good since the night before last. No naps for two days. I can't wait for that tooth to come in! I think he MAY be asleep now, but who knows for how long, and Mommy went out on a date, so I'm in charge again.