DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Perrin an Aes Sedai?

captainkebab

So I've just finished the series and wondered about Perrin's strength in the Wolfdream. He is very powerful and seems to have the abilities of any channeler in Teleranrhiod. Is the Wolfdream and Teleranrhiod the same thing? Given that he meets Egwene and stops Balefire there and she is amazed at his ability.

The wolfdream is telaranrhiod, but wolf brothers, Aes Sedai and dreamwalkers are all different things.

Aes Sedai don't have the ability to use saidar in the dreamworld, but because they believe they do they still can (but it's their belief creating the weave, not their actual ability) 

Edited by BFG

• 2 weeks later...

I was always amused at Egwene's amazement when Perrin just showed up out of the blue with all this knowledge and competence in the dream. I mean, we as the reader knows he has been going there for a while, and can do things like following people, but she doesn't. So she's ready to give a 'this place is dangerous' lecture  (or maybe she does? I can't remember) and he just shrugs a bit like 'I know what I'm doing and have to be off cos I've got my own stuff to do.'

I also had the impression that Aes Sedai think dreamwalking is related to chanelling, but the Aiel dreamwalkers - some of whom can channel and some can't  - show this isn't the case.