DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Elayne's lifespan

agreddon

So Elayne's potential lifespan I've read has been estimated at 300 years.  Given that she's not guaranteed to have children that will channel as strongly as she, how does that work out for her potential heirs.  To put that in comparison. Prince Charles is 69 years old and people keep talking about how he should step aside for William.  Now imagine a little less than 4 Charles and one William (or I guess Camilla and Kate if you want Gender correct).  That's gonna be a lot of royals waiting around and doing nothing.  Does she retire at some point?

That's a fun question lol 

Obviously the futures up in the air, but Elayne is no longer Queen in Aviendhas granddaughters lifespan, so in that version of the future she's missing or dead or retired early for some reason

On 2/28/2018 at 3:46 PM, BFG said:

That's a fun question lol 

Obviously the futures up in the air, but Elayne is no longer Queen in Aviendhas granddaughters lifespan, so in that version of the future she's missing or dead or retired early for some reason

True, though that means that at least one of her children had half her lifespan. 

Actually it might be longer since I don't remember if she swore on the oath rod or not.  Alivia was over 400 according to the companion.   But I would guess with Rand and Elayne as parents that the chances have to be good at least one of the twins will be able to channel.  But still since ELayne is only like 21ish, even if she died at 300, her channeling child would still be around 279 or so.  So pretty old to take over, so might go to a grand kid or a great grand kid.

Edited by Sabio

Im pretty sure that at least in the books time period she hasn't yet because she's pregnant. I'm not sure what stance Cadsuane will have on oath swearing so I don't know if she'll swear or not in the future

I think Cadsuane will keep to the Oaths - to separate them from the Kin maybe. I think if there were to be a change it would happen in the future both to accustomise Aes Sedai to the notion (they not being great embracers of change) and for everyone else.

I think Elayne would rule for a while, make sure she has a competent successor (whether that is her daughter or granddaughter) and then renounce the throneand go off and research ter'angreal for the next 2 hundred years.