DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Gustatory Delights

LadyWordsmith

So I made something delicious tonight! I was experimenting with my new Instant Pot (Christmas Present, on my list, cause it does 'all the things' I don't actually have appliances for), and made this amazing Middle Eastern Lamb Stew from scratch, served over quinoa. My only concern was making sure I used the pressure cooker setting right and didn't blow anything up! Turned out to be much easier than expected (also, apparently this thing has unique noises for 'the lid is on and in place, the lid is closed, the lid is open, you have removed the lid' and a variety of other things. It's frighteningly smart.

What made me happy though, was how delicious the meal turned out! It was a new recipe I had never made outside of the Instant Pot either: lamb, chick peas, sauteed red onion, diced apricots, honey, apple cider vinegar, chicken stock, garlic, tomato paste, and a pile of spices (salt, pepper, cumin, turmeric, cinnamon, coriander). Served over quinoa. Everyone (including my 12 year old son) loved it and voted "would definitely eat again!" 

New recipe, new equipment, so very happy that it turned out well. 

I figured amongst the Kin there were probably a few other folks who love experimenting with food. So, what have you made lately? :biggrin: 

LambStew.jpg

On 2/15/2018 at 5:33 AM, LadyWordsmith said:

So I made something delicious tonight! I was experimenting with my new Instant Pot (Christmas Present, on my list, cause it does 'all the things' I don't actually have appliances for), and made this amazing Middle Eastern Lamb Stew from scratch, served over quinoa. My only concern was making sure I used the pressure cooker setting right and didn't blow anything up! Turned out to be much easier than expected (also, apparently this thing has unique noises for 'the lid is on and in place, the lid is closed, the lid is open, you have removed the lid' and a variety of other things. It's frighteningly smart.

What made me happy though, was how delicious the meal turned out! It was a new recipe I had never made outside of the Instant Pot either: lamb, chick peas, sauteed red onion, diced apricots, honey, apple cider vinegar, chicken stock, garlic, tomato paste, and a pile of spices (salt, pepper, cumin, turmeric, cinnamon, coriander). Served over quinoa. Everyone (including my 12 year old son) loved it and voted "would definitely eat again!" 

New recipe, new equipment, so very happy that it turned out well. 

I figured amongst the Kin there were probably a few other folks who love experimenting with food. So, what have you made lately? :biggrin: 

LambStew.jpg

Oh man that looks and sounds delicious! Could you post the recipe? I happen to have some stewing lamb in the freezer at the moment (there was a special on at the local supermarket).

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds good! I love fresh smoked meats! 

We've only had them a couple of times, but a friend of mine with a farm now has ducks along with her  chickens, so we've  been getting all our eggs fresh free-range the last few weeks at half the price of the store eggs. Mostly chicken since they're cheaper, but now that her duck (she's still getting more of those) is laying regularly, she has a few and we are her first-offer customer for those. She's also breeding meat rabbits, and starting to work on building up the turkeys as well. Though her current turkey seems to be cursed to lay eggs in unfortunate locations. 

• 3 weeks later...

Mmm, that looks delicious! 

I co-feastocratted Coronation feast last weekend. Pictured are three of the dishes we made. Others were made, but they were made by people other than myself and LadyLiliana (my fellow Kinster who also lives in our SCA Province). 

The Khatchapuri is a Russian/Eastern European bread stuffed with 2lbs of Meunster cheese (and cilantro to taste. It mostly just tastes like tons of green cheese!). People get in knife fights over this one. 

The Schi is a beef-sausage and cabbage stew. 

The Cucumber Sour Cream Salad includes hard boiled eggs and a white wine-vinegar and mustard egg dressing that is delightful cold (and was served with a lovely spicey pork sirloin that also had a cherry-rosemary sauce.) 

FeastCucumberSalad.jpg

FeastSchi.jpg

FeastKhatchapuri.jpg

Wow, that looks wonderful!

We are having anniversary next week. It's bring your own meat to BBQ and a dish to share. I'll try to get pics.

Where is LadyLiliana? I thought I saw here here once.

Edited by Ryrin