DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Red Ajah and BT Bonds - Questions!

Jagen Sedai

This is for @Kathleen, @Taymist, and @Chaelca.

It has been years since the Red Ajah conducted bonding with the Black Tower members, cumulating in the thread “While the Bosses Speak.” So I had two questions relating to this topic. 

1) What happened to the thread? I’ve searched for While the Bosses Speak but cannot find ot. This was when the actual bonds took place. 

2) If Bonded people have disappeared (years ago, it seems),  what now? Can I annull that bond? Can other returning Reds if their Bonded has disappeared?

I am the most Junior here so I'll let Kath and Tay answer. Now for the thread, silly question : have you already checked on the boards with keywords and such? I can have a look if you want.

Does annulling the bond mean that people would make as if it never happened? (sorry my English is not that good lol :tongue:) If so, wouldn't it be a bit drastic? How did you guys do in the past ?

Hmm. This is why I am asking. Yes annul means to cancel. I can only see three ways to go about it, for my character anyway;

a) pretend she wasn’t involved in the first round of bonding, or; (not preferred; just a possibility)

b) say that the man who bonded her, has agreed to drop the bond because perhaps the two cannot get along or form the required closeness of a bond, or; (I like this idea better) 

c) Jagen, being the one who was bonded instead of performing the bond, convinces the Highest to let her and the Asha’man to undo it, so she can instead bond someone as a Warder--and not the man who bonded her. (I like this one best)

Edited by Jagen Sedai

I think, that is something case by case. imho. Again not an official answer. 

I figure if a player returns, they can smoke and mirrors the bond if they want, or have it part of the back story (oh no! BT went insane! Bond is removed!). Or they can allude to it and have them just separated in that case. 

So i guess, that's up to you? Still be bonded but run the risk of being "compulsed" (because that was that type of bond in the books) and remain untrusted and should not have a tower role (sorry.. personal opinion.), or have it removed with all the downfalls of a broken bond. (ask a green. it sucks.)

It's cool that Jagen was bonded, because that's a fun story. The details will need handwaving and what is allowed really is between you and tay/kath. What do you want to do about it?

I would defo go for 2nd or 3rd option. The first one would mean that all the RP that you wrote with your bonded, that surely had an effect on your character and the way she sees the world, didn't happen at all ... it would be weird *nods*

The rules are on the WT website. They haven't changed. They apply the same way that normal Bond breaking with a Warder goes.

http://www.thistledubhewe.com/TheWhiteTowerRP/aes-sedai-ajahs/bonding/

ETA. In this case, under the circumstances, I'd have no issues with annulments or any realistic way of handling it but it's Kat's call in the first instance.

well according to the page : The first: If your bondmate goes inactive for three months, you have the option of canceling your bond.

Cancelling still makes me sad lol

It's like you are making a whole part of your character's history disappear *little tear*

Not really, you could still keep it just say that it was someone else who released the bond....

As a warder who has had three bonds broken.  One was a DM breaking where ALL bonds broke.  One was because she was no longer RPing and I wanted an active Aes Sedai, in this case I had her transfer the bond to a 3rd party (NPC) and that NPC died.  There was a whole story as to why it happened.  And to save my life my last bond holder bonded me shortly after the broken bond.  My third bond was released by my Aes Sedai for story purposes (with permission).  

Being as we are small now, maybe a new 'rule' can be instantiated... if a part of the bond goes missing, an NPC can be created to have lived the other's life and is the bond holder... it essentially becomes two characters but also allows the writer to keep going forward with their path.  But it does limit the possiblity of forming another bond.

I would like to find a way to simply have him remove the bond, since Jagen is technically a Warder at the moment >_> Considering it was part of the deal with the BT, that's where things get complicated. I don't want to erase the history altogether.

Perosnally in this case I would ask to name a NPC as the current bond holder and then he can release you and/or die!  Which ever way you want to handle it.  Me I'd do the he died part because I like to torment my characters.

Yeah, don't expect to hear from Lii. She's busy with the baby and hasn't been active on DM since before she officially stepped down as staff. Real life got very rough for her.

It's up to you how complicated or how simple you make it. If people go inactive, regardless of reasons, and stop responding to contact then they forfeit the right to complain later. So do whatever is best for your character.

OOOH she had a baby! Okay, I had no idea. I'm sorry to hear life is being rough on her :(

I was thinking of writing a post to RP it out, but I think I shouldn't control Jakar, so I'll just say it happened--that the bond was completely switched to Tesarene (my NPC).

Edited by Jagen Sedai