DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Brown Ajah Chocolate Week - Chocolate Discussion/Questions

Ryrin

HQopBjA.png

Welcome to the Brown Ajah's Chocolate Week!!!

I will be asking questions about chocolate and Valentines.  Towards the end of the week there will be a very special question and the winner will earn a siggy!

Questions.

1. What is your most favorite candy bar?

2. What is your favorite type of chocolate?

Unsweetened Chocolate

Bittersweet Chocolate

Semisweet Chocolate

Milk Chocolate

Sweet Baking Chocolate

Dark Choclate

White Chocolate (Commonly called a chocolate, it's not a true one -- legally.)

Any other type of chocolate.

#3. What is your favorite chocolate Easter candy? You can have more than one.

0zwMUMs.jpg?1

Edited by Ryrin

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Mrs. Cindy Gill said:

I totally misread that as candy part...

im still gonna say the inside.

cause there's no candy bar I could single out as more beloved than any other.

I decided to let that alone. :)

Not to be down on American chocolate but a few years ago a big supermarket had an American aisle and it had all the chocolate I used to hear about on tv from movies and shows and I was super excited.

Less excited after I tried it. 

Yeah, most American chocolate isn't the best quality.  Cass brought me some Aussie treats when she was here in September, and they were good.  I should go scout for more imported chocolates, there's a little coffee shop around the corner from me that stocks some UK treats.

I try to veer away from the big Hershey and M&M/Mars brands and go for smaller brands with higher quality overall, although I do loves me some Ghirardelli.  

Usually I pick anything dark chocolate.  The Milky Way Midnight is one of the few M&M/Mars that I'll grab any time.

Love KitKats, too.

Agreed about American chocolate. I had a truffle when in Austria and didn't want to eat or drink anything else for the next two hours. Just the taste in my mouth....

Alas, I'm in America. I typically lean toward Dark Chocolate Milky Way. I like chocolate and peanut butter together, but Reese's peanut butter cups leaves me cold.

You know who has great candy in general, not just chocolate, is Japan. A friend gets monthly snack boxes from a few Japanese companies and while it looks like American candy in some ways, it tastes like actual food. Not just sugar ad corn syrup and various amounts of citric acid etc., but... well, it's like willie wonka's wallpaper.  Strawberry pocky tastes like strawberry.

i wish we could get their sliced chocolate. The evil I could do with that...

3 hours ago, JamesBrown said:

Agreed about American chocolate. I had a truffle when in Austria and didn't want to eat or drink anything else for the next two hours. Just the taste in my mouth....

Alas, I'm in America. I typically lean toward Dark Chocolate Milky Way. I like chocolate and peanut butter together, but Reese's peanut butter cups leaves me cold.

Love Austrian chocolate. I remember getting some in Vienna.

2 hours ago, Mrs. Cindy Gill said:

You know who has great candy in general, not just chocolate, is Japan. A friend gets monthly snack boxes from a few Japanese companies and while it looks like American candy in some ways, it tastes like actual food. Not just sugar ad corn syrup and various amounts of citric acid etc., but... well, it's like willie wonka's wallpaper.  Strawberry pocky tastes like strawberry.

i wish we could get their sliced chocolate. The evil I could do with that...

My son has a girlfriend and her brother is an investment banker in Japan. I should see if they could send us some. 

1 hour ago, Ryrin said:

My son has a girlfriend and her brother is an investment banker in Japan. I should see if they could send us some. 

there are companies that send all kinds of snacks overseas. it may be much less expensive that way but i bet he could tell you what’s yummiest. i never quite know what i’m getting into from the labels lol 

23 minutes ago, Mrs. Cindy Gill said:

All chocolate is good chocolate. Belgian Chocolate is very good chocolate.

I agree ! XD

Even if I looooooove Toblerone which is ... from switzerland (I think)

The last one I bought was milk chocolate with bits of salted almonds in it :3

Favourite chocolate is probably milk chocolate, then the white.. then the dark one :happy:

always milk chocolate!

i wish I liked dark chocolate, at least in the UK there are a lot of fancy brands with interesting flavours but they're all made with dark chocolate. 

Although I had the lindt milk chocolate with sea salt once and it was actually delicious.