DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Just popping by to say HI!

Jeannaisais

That's awesome they have a day for each house! It also took me a while to realize that slytherin house does not equal evil lol sometimes it feels like the books brainwash ya a bit. I can't wait to reread the novels though as there's so much in them you miss out on in the films!

Today, I'm stuck at home because it iced out. Not the most ice I've ever seen, but enough to deter me from going anywhere (although we did have doctor's visit first thing this a.m. because little guy has bronchiolitis, hubby has a sinus infection, and I'm on my third round of antibiotics for sinus infections- third since December 17 bleh). When it rains, it pours, huh? I had a CT yesterday to see how my insides are doing and now seeing an ENT next week to determine if I need surgery - yikes! 

Anywhere else dealing with an insane amount of sickness like the midwest has been? I mean, I know littles get sick more often but it feels like the doctor's office has become a rotating door for us! Sinus infections, stomach flu, real flu, RSV, ear infections, ugh. 

It's okay though, doctors have been great so that helps! And little man is still a happy little guy even when he's not quite feeling his best!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jea!!!!

Welcome back!!

The little man is super cute!!

And yeah, littles are super bug sharers, bye bye sick leave! :/

Hope the sinus thing sorts itself out, though I've heard the surgery for it isn't too bad?

Cool for the teaching, I'm hoping to get accepted into a teaching degree this year, and I'd love to do English but the idea of so much apathy is scary! :(

14 hours ago, Chaelca said:

Well consider yourself as adopted XD

I have a slytherin scarf, a slytherin backpack and plenty of other stuff. Btw, I'll have to joust against Dice (Harry Potter will be the theme). I hope I can count on you for support :biggrin:

True Slytherins will back the most likely winner    which is not you.

23 hours ago, Cass said:

Jea!!!!

Welcome back!!

The little man is super cute!!

And yeah, littles are super bug sharers, bye bye sick leave! :/

Hope the sinus thing sorts itself out, though I've heard the surgery for it isn't too bad?

Cool for the teaching, I'm hoping to get accepted into a teaching degree this year, and I'd love to do English but the idea of so much apathy is scary! :(

I will say the apathy depends on the school district/community. The district I was in the four years prior to this one had much fewer apathetic students; however, an opportunity arose to move to a larger higher paying district and pregnant me figured it was worth a shot. I had the interview at exactly 39 weeks pregnant, two weeks before I had my son. I got the job offer before giving birth so it was a crazy month! 

I get 12 days of sick leave and have used 5 or 6 so far so it feels like a ton but I still have some wiggle room!

I've been told the sinus surgery is a one day surgery (no overnight stay) and recovery is approximately a week. I see an ENT next Thursday!

19 hours ago, The Bard Babe said:

Oh no Jea, that sucks!! I hope everyone gets nice and drugged up and starts feeling better :(

Ugh, yeah, I wish you had a class full of WoT nerds and avid writers. That would be the English class dream XD 

Also, I'm a Ravenclaw!! When's our day?!

I have no idea when our day is (Google says.....March 23, the day before my son's birthday haha!).

That would be an amazing classroom to have! I have a group of AP English Language juniors that are such a blessing though. I have them right after my worst sophomore class and these AP kids move SO fast through the literature I can barely keep up with them. They adore socratic seminars (were afraid of them at first, but I won them over!) and I've had to ADD literature to the curriculum because they've moved so quickly. There's another AP 11 teacher that is legit a quarter of a year behind us because my kiddos move so quickly.

And we are all good and drugged up so on the mend. Little guy has RSV so no medicine for him, hubby and I are on antibiotics though.

13 hours ago, dicetosser1 said:

True Slytherins will back the most likely winner    which is not you.

4 hours ago, Chaelca said:

You are soooo going down

@ Jea: I never said I am not evil... XD

So...hmm....now I'm confused again!