DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Just popping by to say HI!

Jeannaisais

I like the upgrade since I was last here - I know it's been a while and some peeps may not know me. I myself have been quite busy with an almost one year old, continuing graduate courses, and teaching high school English! 

How's life for everyone in the BotRH?!

On a side note - how soon do you think I can read WoT to my child? lol

0131181937.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jea!!!!! I’m still around lol. Wow graduate school! That’s awesome that you teach high school English.

Your Son is so cute! I think you can read him WoT. 

Hi Cairos! Thanks  - I'm quite partial but I do believe he is adorable! I've already read him snippets of The Vampire Lestat and Interview with the Vampire (doing a research paper on Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles this semester). WoT is the logical next step, of course - granted he now tries to eat everything so my nice books are hiding lol

58 minutes ago, Chaelca said:

OMG OMG Jea !!!!!

That little one is soooo cute <3

I totally agree on that choice of books ! Anne Rice rocks !!!!!

I keep hearing they're going to be making some sort of television series from her novels, but nothing has come to fruition yet! I'm eager to see what happens there!

Anne Rice opened many polls on her FB so that people could elect the new lestat. It seems that many want to see Tom Cruise again (I loved him as Lestat tbh ^^)

She also sounded pretty enthusiastic about the idea, and I think her son is helping for this new adventure.

I'm solooking forward to it as well :biggrin: 

Awww, bless him! He's so sweet, Jea. And hi! Nice to see you popping in. I take it life is pretty hectic for you. So glad mine are all grown up and away from home now. :laugh: Don't think it's ever too early to read WoT is it? 

Agreed about Tom Cruise, Chae. He was very good as Lestat.

I also agree that Cruise did a good job as Lestat!

Life is pretty hectic - only made worse by all the sickness going around. I had the flu and a sinus infection a few weeks ago but am feeling TONS better now! Thankfully the little guy didn't get the flu, but he is already working on his molars.....he already has 8 teeth in the front and will be 11 months on February 24th.....miraculously I'm still nursing and he's been kind but still...that's a lot of teeth already lol

A wild Jea has appeared.... Quick... Catch it and don't let it escape :laugh:

Glad to see you popped in to see the new site and say hello... How's life been since you were last here (In addition to the baby and the school you've already mentioned).  How do you like teaching High School students english?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2018 at 1:11 AM, Jeannaisais said:

I like the upgrade since I was last here - I know it's been a while and some peeps may not know me. I myself have been quite busy with an almost one year old, continuing graduate courses, and teaching high school English! 

How's life for everyone in the BotRH?!

On a side note - how soon do you think I can read WoT to my child? lol

0131181937.jpg

hey stranger!  id say hit him HP at about 5  Wots probably a little too complicated til hes 7 or 8

On 2/18/2018 at 3:26 AM, dicetosser1 said:

hey stranger!  id say hit him HP at about 5  Wots probably a little too complicated til hes 7 or 8

HP at 5 huh? I didn't get to read HP until closer to 12....because my dad read the first four books first then let me loose on them. Then I read HP, WOT, and Sword of Truth in rapid succession! Definitely going to make sure my little guy has a love of literature like I do though!

On 2/18/2018 at 4:22 AM, The Bard Babe said:

Hi Jea!!! Aww, he's adorable!! How is life?

Thanks! Life is busy - that cutie keeps on our toes for sure! We bought a house too and have been working on various upgrades. Did some painting this past weekend and the living areas look SO much better! Also added counter space and cabinetry to the kitchen. 

On 2/7/2018 at 4:18 PM, Nikon said:

A wild Jea has appeared.... Quick... Catch it and don't let it escape :laugh:

Glad to see you popped in to see the new site and say hello... How's life been since you were last here (In addition to the baby and the school you've already mentioned).  How do you like teaching High School students english?

We can just pretend like I never left ;)

I've been teaching high school English for 5 years now and I do enjoy it, but I wish students cared more. I have some of the most apathetic students this year and that can be pretty difficult to work through. I have so many students failing you won't even try to bring their grades up - makes you wonder about the future generations!

53 minutes ago, Jeannaisais said:

HP at 5 huh? I didn't get to read HP until closer to 12....because my dad read the first four books first then let me loose on them. Then I read HP, WOT, and Sword of Truth in rapid succession! Definitely going to make sure my little guy has a love of literature like I do though!

yeah my eldest was like 4 =. I read all the books to her finishing them just in time for the movie release.

6 hours ago, dicetosser1 said:

yeah my eldest was like 4 =. I read all the books to her finishing them just in time for the movie release.

That's awesome! I read the first few HP books to my brother when he was about 5 I believe. Right now, little guy has discovered crawling so it's hard to get him to sit still until he literally collapses of exhaustion lol 

Well consider yourself as adopted XD

I have a slytherin scarf, a slytherin backpack and plenty of other stuff. Btw, I'll have to joust against Dice (Harry Potter will be the theme). I hope I can count on you for support :biggrin: