DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

2018 Winter Olympics

Niniel

On 2/8/2018 at 1:43 PM, Illian Tear said:

Ye I'm here. Not a huge fan of the olympics though

23 hours ago, Shad_ said:

I got pinged.

Yeah I'll do this.  If I forget to submit anything by the time the ceremonies start could you possibly send me a PM?

15 hours ago, Krakalakachkn said:

The downhill ski/snowboard obstacle/jump course

Reminder - if any of you want to play along (and srsly you don't have to do anything but collect points yay!) don't forget to send Niniel a pm, as per the OP.

if you need help with the answers she's looking for, lmk :biggrin:

I just watched the opening. Here is my very short review.

Magic animals, children singing, traditional dresses, fireworks, dancing, drums, Gangnam style ... what could possible go wrong? It was a fine opening but maybe a bit too long. (But really, every opening is too long.) The theme was peace and future technology. They showed some of the present technology in the show, which looked good. The hope for peace was of course showing when Korea entered as one country. Everyone has their own oppinions about that but it´s nice to see an effort to work together. 

Most countries´ athletes wore clothes that didn´t stood out much, Bermuda`s athletes being an exception in their shorts. There were many cute hats. I like the combination of red, blue and white so some of my favourite countries where Norway, UK and USA. I think it looks silly when everyone is trying to take pics with their phones. You are part of the Olympic opening, enjoy the moment! 

It´s strange to see "Olympic Athletes from Russia". I hope things will be better in the next olympics. It´s great to see the small nations with only one or two athletes. 

I almost cried when they lit the olympic fire. That is always my favourite part. :)

Wow! This was a great olympics for Sweden. We came in 6th place on the medals table and I think that is the best we have ever done. I will miss watching all the sports but I won´t miss waking up really early every morning. How did it go for your countries? 

And now to the points.  Each of us will get 10 points. Then we will get points depending on how well our countries will do. 12 points for the winner country, 11 for the second etc. 

Cindy - Germany 11 and France 5   26 points + 5 for advertising

Dar´Jen - Netherlands 8 and Belarus 3   21 points

Basel - USA 9 and Austria 4   23 points

Nikon - Switzerland 6 and China 2   18 points

Talmanes - Canada 10 and Poland 1   21 points

Nini - Norway 12 and South Korea 7   29 points

Well, it looks like I´m the winner. :blush: Thank you all for joining me. 

Congratulations Nini! That's appropriate as you did all the work lol.

a Swedish lady I play an online farm game with was very excited about how well Sweden was doing this year. She was super excited about curling the other night. 

I... didn't watch any of it and I don't know how we did. Not a lot of people I know chanting USA USA these days so I'm guessing we've done better in the past.