Chaelca

No I am not a robot !

Hey guys,

I am starting to feel a wee bit annoyed at this new forum ^^

Each time I want to post, I have to prove that I am not a robot...

Is there a way for me not to have to go through this EACH TIME ?

(Sorry for the caps... but I am busy doing the reports for the White Tower and the Band... and I just want to throw my PC through my window :biggrin: )

Think it is for anything with a link or photo.  Text posts don't require it if I remember but do half my posting from a cell phone.

This is happening to me as well—mostly when I’m posting an article to DM’s front page.  I’ve had several times when it doesn’t matter if I prove I’m not a robot, it still won’t post.

Nikon’s thought about pictures or links sounds right. 

Same here, it only hits me when trying a link or picture....

It eventually works, but it is indeed a PITA.  No idea how to bypass that, though.

Think I found the setting though it appears to be an all or nothing setting so unless you can somehow limit it to ON for new members and OFF for members who have been on the site for longer than X months then may be better to keep on in order to curb the SPAM-Bots.

Either way PM'd Verb what I did find to look into.

Edited by Nikon

If it's really as frequent as ppl are saying it will become too frustrating to post and non robots would stop showing up. As little traffic as we're seeing maybe spambots could be dealt with on an as needed basis?

Sorry for the late reply and thanks so much for your messages... at least I know I am not alone lol

I made like a thousand scans of my compy thinking I had caught a nasty stuff somewhere... but no ... YAY !

I'll try to be patient. That new candy bar I just bought will help. I am sure :tongue:

Back to the subject, I think that most of my posts contain links or pics...

I'm not noticing this on the mobile site, I don't know if that helps though :(

On 2/4/2018 at 9:08 AM, Chaelca said:

Each time I want to post, I have to prove that I am not a robot...

That's the point!

Google (there are others too) has been using us, humans, (for free!) since 2005 to upgrade its own AI. First Google used us to upgrade its OCR methods (there were always texts at first, remember?), then they went on to upgrade its buildings detection algorithm (select the storefronts), and now we are being used to discern street signs from other things to help Google's self-driving car project, for free, of course. (That was a very short summary.)

And nobody likes it.

Edited by szilard