The Tainted Times - January 2018

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• My issue with increasing congress to that size is  A) Nothing gets done in there as is and  B) I dont want to pay 46 million more dollars a year to those vipers, not including whatever insurances, lifetime pensions, healthcare and security details they get. I already thinks its ridiculous they get paid during the shutdown, completely, while government employees are forced to work without pay.
    • how can i remove it? or could you do it for me?
    • Sure, I'll post this  again:       The data for the graphs is currently 2 election cycles old (it was run off 04 and 08) but the points stand...though it would be interesting to redo the graphics with 16 and 12 results.   Secondarily, if the porposals listed (somewhere) about "fixing congress" by increasing the size of the body (to somewhere around 800, I forget) would also help by creating more (and distributing more evenly) electoral votes around the country, or more modest proposals to award electors proportionately would also help.   The danger here is the logic of either; system is broken, why fix it or system has always worked (even though it's been broken the whole time), so don't fix it.      The best part of the video is the path to the presidency with 22%  (or said differently, a president could win if 78% of the people voted against them) of the vote, which is, um, not a fair/just/equitable/local/whatever word you want to use system at all.

ALso    
    • I’ve never really liked the argument that one’s vote counts less using a percentage based on total population to EC votes when comparing states because that’s not how the EC is supposed to work.   Its not a perfect system but I don’t think it’s awful. I’d like to move away from the winner-take-all system the majority of states use, but I dislike the idea of using a straight up NPV tally.
    • As for impeachment; we don't have any hard (or direct) evidence of him committing crimes while in office, and we don't have any hard (or direct) of him committing crimes to get into office, but there is a lot of circumstalial and unproven evidence of both in the public domain.