DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Tainted Times - January 2018

Songstress

What? Another month has passed?  How does this keep happening?

Well, I suppose you'll be wanting your news now.  You people are positively insatiable! :wink:

NEW ARRIVALS

While Dragonmount.com came back to life officially in January, none of the new members to the site have been lured by the call of Saidin just yet.  Perhaps some of you extroverts may be tasked with recruiting in the near future.  

PROMOTIONS

Not yet!  Our staff is working hard (or hardly working as the case may be) behind the scenes to update the points page post-update-breaking-stuff and determine who is actually eligible.  Keep an eye on the Farmhouse in the very near future.

ANNOUNCEMENTS

The onsite "points page" thread formatting was terribly broken by the DM9 update, so our intrepid tech support helper Nikon has managed to resurrect the offsite points page and update it (the trick will be teaching others how to do it without accidentally deleting things *cough*Locke*cough*).

Big news guys!!  The lovely and talented Nikon (okay, okay, enough flattery) has volunteered to teach our Intro to Saidin class, which serves the purpose of orienting new members to the Ways of the Black Tower, earning points, spending points, leveling up, choosing a faction, and various nonsense, all with a touch of RP flavor.  For those who have joined the BT but cannot yet see the Farmhouse sub board, please notify us as soon as possible so we can make sure your access request has been submitted and the resident ewok has been kicked once or twice.

EVENTS AND GAMES

All is quiet on the Black Tower front.  For those who are interested in mafia, Shadow Storm Leader Sooh is running a basic game on the main mafia board, which should qualify for BT points - and has a couple of signup spots remaining.  If you're intrigued by this mafia nonsense but haven't the first clue how it works, post there anyway - there are some spectators who would likely be happy to mentor a new player. :wink:

OTHER

The 300,000 Post Thread Update:
          As of January 1, 2018:             237,182 replies

As of February 1, 2018:           237.370 replies

That's 188 posts in the past month - can we do better?  YES WE CAN!   With the return of @Smiley73 and @Crimson_Ayla, I don't see how we could possibly not improve on this number. :wink:

The Battle for Spam Supremacy:
          Black Tower:                          710,587 posts (up 467 from January)
          General Discussion:              978,547 posts (up 791 from January)

It appears the Debates and Discussions forum is outpacing our spamminess.  Let's show those folks what crazy looks like, shall we?

~~~~~~~~~~

So that completes our news for the month of January!  You have ideas?  You have questions?  You have adorable cat pictures?  Share them here! 

~ Tress, Storm Leader of the Light

Yay tainted times!

Oh gosh just promote everyone, we need the activity

speaking of which, since the mafia got killed maybe someone who likes to run big games could be persuaded cause that was half the activity here. With the fancy extras for mafia not working anyway don't see it being much of a draw anywhere for a while.

16 hours ago, Songstress said:

(or hardly working as the case may be)

!!!

1 hour ago, Mrs. Cindy Gill said:

Oh gosh just promote everyone, we need the activity

We're gonna keep the rules in place (except for considering a simplification), but expect some promotions to appear this weekend.

1 hour ago, Mrs. Cindy Gill said:

speaking of which, since the mafia got killed maybe someone who likes to run big games could be persuaded cause that was half the activity here. With the fancy extras for mafia not working anyway don't see it being much of a draw anywhere for a while.

I'm gonna see if I can come up with anything. (don't expect it though!)

Edited by Leyrann

• 3 weeks later...
On 2-2-2018 at 9:09 PM, Mrs. Cindy Gill said:

Rules are good.  I just don't remember what they were lol.

i won't expect anything but the Spanish Inquisition, promise.

They're on the off-site boards. I'll find them and post them soon.

Just like the promotions, which I totally forgot about in the recent busy weeks (or did someone else do them? I only checked the main board so far).

Edit: Quick update on the promotions, I didn't have everything correct in my mind, and it turns out that there is no exact list of who are up for promotion (like I thought there was). Additionally, I want to discuss with the other staff members about simplifying the requirements for promotions, as right now they're so complicated even I barely get them.

Edited by Leyrann

3 hours ago, Leyrann said:

They're on the off-site boards. I'll find them and post them soon.

Just like the promotions, which I totally forgot about in the recent busy weeks (or did someone else do them? I only checked the main board so far).

Edit: Quick update on the promotions, I didn't have everything correct in my mind, and it turns out that there is no exact list of who are up for promotion (like I thought there was). Additionally, I want to discuss with the other staff members about simplifying the requirements for promotions, as right now they're so complicated even I barely get them.

Ya that's the impression I got, and yay for simplification.

i just wanna see some soldiers. We're pre-last battle here.