DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Elgee

Roll Call for February 2018 - so we can know who's here!

Which actor do you think should play al'Lan Mandragoran?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which actor do you think should play al'Lan Mandragoran?

• Joe Manganiello
    • Jim Caviezel
    • Hugh Jackman
    • Fabio
    • Adrian Bower
    • Michael Fassbender
    • Timothy Omundson
    • None of them, but I don't know who else
    • None of them - I want actor [X] to play Lan - I'll post my choice here: https://dragonmount.com/forums/topic/100511-wot-casting-st-just-got-real-moiraine-lan-thom/
    • Late entry: Aaron Eckhart
    • Late entry: Jason Momoa

Aes Sedai of the White Ajah. 

Having just seen The Greatest Showman a week or two ago, I had to choose Hugh Jackman. If they screw this up so badly that they make a musical out of it, at least Lan will be able to sing and dance. Sort of...

Arie - Accepted, Registering for the Kin. No Aspirations as of yet.

I also support Fassbender. He pulls off the tall, old and brooding relatively well enough. And he can build up some pretty nice arms too. :3 

(And I haven't forgiven Joe Manganiello for Arkhan's betrayal against Vecna. :|)

Edited by Arie

Hmm went with none. They don't match the maturity and grizzledness I associate with Lan. Hugh Jackman is probably the closest but still not perfect. Fassbender is too pretty and has too much of a twinkle even when he's being serious. That's the Irish for you.

Tay - Red Aes Sedai

23 minutes ago, Taymist said:

Hmm went with none. They don't match the maturity and grizzledness I associate with Lan. Hugh Jackman is probably the closest but still not perfect. Fassbender is too pretty and has too much of a twinkle even when he's being serious. That's the Irish for you.

Tay - Red Aes Sedai

That's why I'm all about Joe Manganiello, and what makes it best is he is a huge fantasy fan, plays D&D all the time.  He'd be all over it and he's got a great maturity and grizzledness about him.  He's got the natural pepperedness to his hair too!

If it isn't Momoa, I think Caviezel would be a good second choice. He can handle the fight scenes although I don't know how good he'd be with a sword. At the very least, he should get enough consideration for the role to be a person of interest. 

On 2/6/2018 at 6:28 PM, Basel Gill said:

If it isn't Momoa, I think Caviezel would be a good second choice. He can handle the fight scenes although I don't know how good he'd be with a sword. At the very least, he should get enough consideration for the role to be a person of interest. 

I do like you point about Caviezel.  If you remember him in the Count of Monte Cristo, he's good with a sword, well rapier at least.

jbarlow1 - newbie!

Also, I didn't think until I saw this poll that Timothy Omundson would be a very interesting Lan. I'm down!