DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who's the "dreamer", what's the connection, what's your explanation?

szilard

I'm bringing up an old topic, but who knows, fresh eyes will see fresh things...

I'm lazy, so I will not list all the CAPS text, but I think this is more than enough to start a discussion.

We all know that RJ uses the Caps Lock key with a reason, for example Wizard of Oz (DO, who is maybe not the real DO, I suspect that he's just an impostor - "here only a fool would even appear ready to channel" - the real DO has nothing to fear from channeling) always uses CAPS, so when Eg (?) sends messages in her dream this is the result:

NYNAEVE, THIS IS EGWENE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ARE YOU TO RETURN UNTIL YOU FIND THE BOWL, NOT UNTIL I CAN SETTLE A PROBLEM WITH AREINA AND NICOLA. THEY KNOW YOU WERE PRETENDING. I WILL EXPLAIN MORE WHEN I SEE YOU NEXT IN THE LITTLE TOWER. BE CAREFUL. MOGHEDIEN HAS ESCAPED.

AMYS, THIS IS EGWENE. I MUST SPEAK WITH YOU.
(We will come, a voice murmured to her. Amys’ voice.)

(ACOS, Chapter 10, Unseen Eyes)

IT IS NOT HERE.
I WILL TAKE NO PART. ONLY THE CHOSEN ONE CAN DO WHAT MUST BE DONE, IF HE WILL.
NOT HERE.
(TEOTW, Chapter 51, Against the Shadow, Rand's POV (?))

DEMANDRED
DEMANDRED. HOW FARES THIS WORLD?
(LOC, Prologue, Demandred's POV (?))

How do you interpret the using of CAPS texts(, not their meaning)?

I didnt' mean it that way.

If Eg's messages are upper case texts, then who is dreamer in the earlier cases? Does the DO, or Rand (why not?) dream about himself as 'other people'? 

“Unless the Dark One Dragon Reborn breaks free,” Rand said quietly. “To break the Wheel of Time, and remake Time and the world in his own image.”