DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hello!!

Guest bookwyrm

Guest bookwyrm

Hello everyone!

I'm new to this forum and The Wheel of Time.

Here's a little bit about me...

I love playing both piano and guitar.

Reading is my way of escaping reality and anything I'm currently going through,

(which is a lot right now.. having surgery soon.)

I was wondering if it matters to first read New Spring before The Eye of the World?

I'm glad to have found this site! Thanks for having me!! :smile:

Wow, two brand new members who are just starting the series... Awesome!

Be careful for spoilers in many of the discussion threads until you get a little further along.

The social groups should be safe if you see one or more whose theme(s) fit your tastes/styles.  Since you mentioned music I'd suggest checking out The Band of the Red Hand to start with but there are many others you may enjoy too.  Join as few or as many as you like!

Enjoy the series and the site!

Hello and welcome!

DM is another good distraction from reality (role play writing, games, discussions, fun social groups) ^.^ hope you enjoy and good luck with surgery!

As for starting with New Spring before Eye of the World, my understanding is  you can/don't have to/it won't make tooo much difference.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, as I haven't read New Spring yet myself, but as far as I know it mostly adds to the backstory of one of the main characters.

The story of New Spring comes before Eye of the World, but it was published much later and isn't necessary to read first. In fact, it may be a little confusing to read first since it throws you into the world without the careful bit by bit exposure of the early books.

I do read it first when rereading the series, but for a first readthrough I would suggest after book 5 (you'll understand why after you read it), or after book 10, which is the published order.

• 2 weeks later...