DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Halo: Master Chief Collection

Nolder

Ok so as some of you may know the MCC was extremely buggy when it first came out so a lot of people stopped playing it. Years later it still has a small multiplayer community so it's difficult to get into matches sometimes. The best playlist to get a match is, ironically, Big Team Battle (8v8 gametypes).

Now, I've played every Halo game multiplayer. I even did LAN for Halo 1 back in the day. I have preferences but I'll play pretty much anything. Apparently there is a sizable Halo 3 community on the MCC. So when you're in a Big Team Battle lobby it will bring up 3 maps for players to vote on and those 3 maps are usually different games. So for example you might get an option of Multiflag on Blood Gulch in Halo CE, Slayer BR on Standoff in Halo 3, and Dominion on Longbow on Halo 4. Or maybe 1 Bomb on Terminal in Halo 2, Slayer on Relic in Halo 2A, or Slayer BR on Valhalla on Halo 3. You get the idea.

So almost every single time it's time to vote Halo 3 wins because of this large subset of the community. They don't want to play Halo CE or Halo 2 or Halo 2A or Halo 4. ONLY Halo 3. In my opinion Halo 3 had the worst multiplayer but hey whatever I'll play. And so I play these extremely frustrating matches of Halo 3 over and over and over trying to earn the medals for the multiplayer Achievements. And then it happens, FINALLY a majority of people vote for a NON Halo 3 map...and someone leaves and the voting resets. Then it happens again...and someone leaves again and voting resets. And then it happens again and this time the game starts...and like 3 people instantly quit on one team, 2 people on the other. One guy keeps killing his own team, two guys aren't playing and meanwhile the other guys are just screwing around shooting the sky or just standing still like they put their controller down for 10 minutes.

I swear to god I have never seen such childish tantrums thrown in and about a video game before. I've noticed that people who vote for NON Halo 3 maps only do it because they're sick of playing Halo 3. They don't actually mind playing Halo 3 they just want to mix it up. For god's sake the game has 5 different games to choose maps and weapons and vehicles and graphics and physics and all that from! Mix it up and have fun! But these Halo 3 people wont do it. They just refuse to play anything but Halo 3 and if a non Halo 3 game comes up they purposely ruin it.

I am so frustrated with this whole thing. I think I can feel my blood boiling in my veins. I'm mad that 343 even put multiplayer achievements. I'm mad they released a broken game and killed what should have been a Halo 2 community. And I'm mad at these people. Probably kids but that doesn't make it any easier. If anything it just makes me more angry. Why are kids allowed on my xbox live? In my shooters? Go play minecraft or something.

I just want to note that it was extremely difficult to type this without any expletives and I hope the staff appreciate that.

14 hours ago, Krakalakachkn said:

I've been fiending for some Halo multiplayer for a while now and I too have MCC.  Unfortunately I can't find anyone to play with and every time I try to join a match there's no one to join.  I wonder if it's because I'm in Korea and no one here plays consoles.

Yeah I think multiplayer only searches for people in your area these days.

Do you achievement hunt or you just got it for nostalgia?

48 minutes ago, Krakalakachkn said:

I mean, I go to win but I don't care about achievements.

Oh ok, because there are some weird multiplayer co-op achievements that need 4 people and I was wondering whether you care to do them at some point or not. No worries.