DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Winter: Hate It or Love it? Why?

Ryrin

I loved Winter growing up, because I love thick fluffy snow, and the colors of the light on snow at different times of day, and how it outlines the trees with highlights,  and snow days. I like cozy fireplaces, and snuggling under blankets, and hot tea and cocoa. 

I do not like however, not having enough daylight to get anything done or to keep me awake, and I do not much care for winter where I live now, because we almost never get snow, we just get horrible bitter winds, and occasionally blowing ice or snow, and slippery iced roads. It's bleh and grey. We almost never get days off when the roads are bad and we 'should' and I hate having to go out in a cold car anywhere. 

So it's sort of a complex relationship. :wink: 

• Club Leader

Here in Arizona, we don't get much in the way of winter. We get some rain, and some low temps that are around freezing. But I love it just the same. I love being able to wear my winter clothes, particularly my boots. I have quite the boot collection, considering I can only wear them about six months out of the year, and that's a liberal estimate. I also love jackets. Snuggling is good, too, and much nicer when you don't sweat from it. 

I have a dog that needs some training, and the first thing on my agenda with him is to teach him to walk on a leash. At least his paws won't burn this time of year. In the summer we have to wait until evening to walk a dog. 

I grew up in Arkansas and loved when it snowed. As an adult I liked to see snow once a year. But in Arkansas you get more ice than snow. The last winter I was there we had an ice storm that knocked power lines and trees down on both sides of my driveway. It was good we had a generator and a wood burning stove because we couldn't get out to go anywhere. 

305585_2673556695320_1100367690_n_zps079

This was taken after the fallen trees were moved to one side of the road.

184446_2673558535366_1915551679_n_zps7e7

I live in Florida now and love the Florida winters. 70"s and 50's. Don't get cold enough for a winter coat. Even have days you can wear shorts and swim in the pool. Lol This year was an exception though. We got below freezing temperatures. Ugh!! Can't stand the cold!

Edited by nicana