DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Can anyone tell me this books value?

Shootinjohnw

Its the red cover promo of part one The Eye Of The World. I can't find it anywhere on the internet I've searched everywhere only finding it in one place online http://encyclopaedia-wot.org/main/biblio/collect.html

It mentions it's one of the rarest jordan collectables. But after searching all auction sites online Ive had no luck in finding it. Any other information anyone can provide would be very helpful.

promos.jpg

I have 2 copies of the first it appears at used book sales all the time. That doesn't mean it isn't valuable, I found a 1st Printing, 1st Edition, signed/dated mint condition HC of EotW at a library book sale for $1.00 -- it's worth between $500.00-$700.00. Best way is look on ebay and Abebooks and see what they're selling for :)

Edited by AsaroVincent

On the bright side, the text is the same. (Newer editions have lesser typos.)

I know, I'm savage, but ... look, I have a few copies of the books around me, it does not really matter which edition you possess. From an emotionally pov, well, you maybe right.

Reading is more important than collecting. That story meant to be read.

• 2 years later...

The red promo is worth thousands if unsigned and if you have a signed one, it would be the first one I'd ever heard of signed.

95% + of the red promo books were destroyed, and they didn't make many to begin with. Which is why it is the rarest Robert Jordan book.. if I were you I'd hold on to it and put it in a safe place.

• 5 months later...