DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

WAWC-Winter Olympic Trivia!

Gentled Ben

Welcome to the annual White Ajah Winter Carnival, and welcome to Winter Olympic Trivia, where you will be trusted not to Google for the answers like I did to come up with the questions! :laugh:

Some sort of fabulous prizes will be awarded or something, and all kinds of fun will be had in the process! :smile:

I might prove to be more of a cross-country skier than a luge competitor, but I will try to acknowledge correct answers promptly and ask new questions right away. Let's begin, shall we?

1) Which amazing city turned down a chance to host the Winter Olympics after begging for the opportunity for the previost twenty years, and then asked again nearly forty years later only to be coldly turned away by the IOC? Hint: After the city's decision to decline hosting the Olympics after the IOC had awarded them the games, the Winter Olympics were then hosted that round in an entirely different country.  

I read her post *right* after posting that question, lol.

1 point for Mashi! So far, Mashi has 2 points and is whupping everyone else, who between them, have a combined 0 points. You go, Mashi!

Question 3: Who is the most decorated Winter Olympic athlete of all time?

Okay, I can see that I'm making these too difficult. You may Google for the answers to the other questions, and I'll ask some easier ones instead.

#9 What are the four indoor Winter Olympic sports?

#10 Two teams push 42 pound stones across the ice towards a target. Matches consist of 10 ends, and during each end a team scores one point for every stone of theirs which is closer to the center of the target than all of the opponent's stones. The sport is ________ ?

#11 Which sport is a two-day event, combining both ski jumping and cross-country skiing?

#12 When was the last time that the Summer and Winter Olympics were held during the same year?