DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

If you wanna RP with the BT and you know it, sign up here!

Cass

Roll call!

If you're here and keen to RP with the Band in 2018, say so here!

Things are gonna be simplified, and we're taking expressions of interest from anyone at the moment.

Current members: give us your character details :wub:

Future players: Come say hi!  :bandredhand: 

March/April 2018

Elynde - Infantry (Tay)

Faydora - Scout (Chae)

Eb - Infantry (Cass)

Emrin - Medics (Cass)

Arkin - Scouts (BB)

Arith - Infantry (Arinth)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roll call!

If you're here and keen to RP with the BT in 2018, say so here!

Things are gonna be simplified, and we're taking expressions of interest from anyone at the moment.

Future players: Come say hi!  :rand:

March/April 2018

Rhys - (Phelix)

Nox -  (Matalina)

Skechid - (Wayward_fool)

Dashiva Somtaaw - Attack Leader (706Somtaaw)

???

?New Characters - (Dice, Cass, Jagen, Phenix)

Roll call!

If you're here and keen to RP with the Wolfkin in 2018, say so here!

Things are gonna be simplified, and we're taking expressions of interest from anyone at the moment.

Future players: Come say hi!  :perrin::hopper:

March/April 2018

Tannyr (thehumantrashcan)

Felvere (BB)

Rhya - Wolf Sister and Ranger trainee (Tay)

?John - (Andular)

:perrin::hopper:

Me too!  here is the link. 

He was on his way to the stedding.  He was a tinkerer with the gift and was trying to come to grips with what being a wolfkin meant after growing up as a Tuatha'an.

Here is my story arc with Wolfbro 

Just waiting to get a response but I could always fast forward to the stedding and start interacting with @The Bard Babewolkin.

Edited by thehumantrashcan

I'm just waiting on an email to the old BTBios, hoping that someone still checks it, and my old bio(s) are archived.

Once upon a time, I was the M'Hael Haran to Dalinar's M'hael, participated in the Taking of the Stone, was also supposed to be part of the Asha'men to accompany the DR into the Aiel Waste (before diplomacy took it's toll), was also at several other battles.

On a non-battle sense, was one of the students of Koras before he left, and subsequently helped turn the Koras Lap into near legendary exercise it grew to become (is that still a thing here?), helped build the original Inn, helped build and became part-owner of several replacement Inn's as it was a seeming favourite building to destroy during incursions and attacks.

Hurrah! I've been toying with the idea of making a BT char but wasn't sure there was anyone around to play with :D

Saw your name in the saved/moved BT staff boards from a while ago, welcome back!

Being new to BT side of things myself I can't tell you about the Koras Lap, what was it?  

How old/what is the email addy you sent to and can you remember your student's name?

• Cass pinned this topic

Attack Leader - Dashiva Somtaaw - listed on the BT website HERE

Returning Bio from Nov 2009 HERE

A Return (Open RP) from Dec 2009 HERE

The old bio was btbios at gmail dot com ... will check if I still have access info. 

ETA: and welcome home :smile:

To answer your earlier question Cass, the "Koras Lap" is a legacy of one of our older Asha'men who went AWOL just as I joined (this was pre-Dalinar, I think the BT leader at the time was Niamh Zephan). Anyways, Koras was a real hardass, and the original Koras Lap was running around the outer edge of 'the Farm', before we eventually built the stone walls and started building the Black Tower. And it wasn't simply just running one lap around the entire Farm, it was running three laps which made up one Koras Lap. Additionally, I can't remember but I believe it was also loosely timed, based on a jog, so Soldiers and even Dedicated couldn't simply walk a Koras Lap out and make the timer. Or not without receiving some form of punishment for slacking anyways.

It was a gruelling marathon run, almost specially intended to exhaust everybody before they even got started on other PT exercises, keeping everyone in a walking daze. Which had the added perk of making it considerably easier to write in how a fellow (NPC) soldier loses control of Saidin and dies nearby, which held true to the books that the Black Tower was brutal about training.

Anyways, so Koras made a big impression on several of us that went through his PT classes before he vanished into the nether, and so Covai and myself (a few others as well) once we hit Dedicated, started using the Koras Lap as teaching tools in our own classes. We taught Arath and several others, who themselves went on to use the Koras Lap when they were teaching. It became almost a rite of passage, to get promotions you had to run at least one Koras Lap in a class, and it also became almost a pre-breakfast warmup run for full Asha'men to jog out a Koras Lap before sitting down at the Inn for a hot meal to start the day off right.

Glad to have you any time you feel like it, Mat.

(N.B. I did put this on the Staff board but it was a while back so just to be on the record, Mat has a standing free pass from me to start from full rank in any RP Group and therefore bypass requirements completely unless she chooses to do them.)

I remember Arath and Covai mentioning about the Koras Lap, Somtaaw. I wasn't aware of the history behind it though as I've never RP'd as a BT'er. Interesting!

Also, if she ever reappears Cass, LadyGreyFist was the one active BT member before the board upgrade. She was RP'ing with a brand new character and due to the lack of activity, she also had 3 free requirement passes of her choice.