• Okay, so shortly before Moiraine tackles Lanfear through the twisted stone doorway, e was sneaking up on Lanfear. But right before she piledrivers into the Forsaken, she e!braces saidar.    why??? So she was trying to sneak attack Lanfear, her entire gambit rested on her not being noticed and incinerated by the irate Forsaken. Embracing the source would have immediately drawn attention to her.    I have some theories about this.    1) She wanted to be noticed to distract Lanfear from killing Rand. But wasn't that the entire point of attacking Lanfear bodily in the first place? Why risk her tackle for a momentary distraction?   2) She wove something to give her the upper hand. If she did, it wasn't a shield, because with the amount of saidar in Lanfear at the time, I think it would have taken a full circle to do so.   My last theory remains, to me, the most plausible. 3) Moiraine embraced the source to melt the doorway as soon as she and Lanfear were through. How on earth she did that, I don't know, but she did rediscover balefire, so destroying the doorway wouldnt be impossible. Plus, she probably got the bracelet angreal when she did do it.
    •   I see how it is....   be second choice and soon ure forgotten......
    • Son fixed it!   _  a  _  _  _  s  t  e  m  _  n   No Y, R, H
    •   Firstly I don't think Moiraine ever thought it was the DO. After the events of tEotW she goes to Adeleas and Vandene's retreat to do additional research. She doesn't divulge much to Rand at this stage but she's pretty confident it's Ishy at the end of tDR despite not studying any more.   2. Sammael though especially was known for the scar and his stature. So I would be surprised if that didn't survive through to the current time.   3. Moiraine has spent 20 years prepping for it I would suspect she knows more than basics if not much more she and Siuan had Tar Valon's libraries at their disposal. It would not take much additional information to general knowledge of the time to identify some of the Forsaken if you are actively looking for them.   4. Just because our main POV characters don't know much at this stage we haven't seen that many Moiraine POV's at this time to know what she knows about. What we do know is she had spent 20 years trusting just Lan and Siuan knowing what is coming and therefore does keep what she knows and plans to herself.