Mrs. Cindy Gill

Offline glitches

I wish it had more standard forum settings. I miss having a list of my subscribed forums and threads so I can find it easily. 

11 hours ago, Elgee said:

I don't mean to be a party pooper but the notification system really sucks.

It shows all the posts (individual notifications for each post in a thread), so I'm looking at the same thread multiple times. That's if I don't miss it completely because it just removes the bolding if you click on the system somewhere, and then you don't know what you've seen and what you haven't. If you click on "show all" then they're suddenly all bolded again. Hope that gets sorted out.

My Settings are as follow and they seem to fix the duplicates issue.
Show Me: Content Items Only
Content Types: All Content
Read Status: Content I Haven't Read + Unread Item Links Take Me to the First Comment
Ownership: Everything
Following: No Items Checked
Time Period: Any Time
Sorting: Newest First

Make sure to save as new stream then name it something you can remember.
Click the third icon (Checkmark) to have those settings used any future time you click the Unread Content link.

01.jpeg

2.jpeg

There's just one difference between yours and mine, that I can see. I've changed it to yours, so we'll see if that helps. It's really hard to find where to change your settings - not user friendly.

Couple of quick observations.

I couldn't find a members list.

Clicking on the post count of a thread no longer breaks it down by users.

I can't find an option to view a list of threads with new content.

There's no source view option for writing posts.

Oh bugger me. Up the ante. With a pineapple. How am I supposed to check who's signed into the roll call thread now? Arrrggghh!

On 1/5/2018 at 4:31 PM, Shad_ said:

Couple of quick observations.

I couldn't find a members list.

Clicking on the post count of a thread no longer breaks it down by users.

I can't find an option to view a list of threads with new content.

There's no source view option for writing posts.

I gave Jason a plugin that does this, but it isn't working.....he's looking into it.

On 12/29/2017 at 9:36 PM, dicetosser1 said:

has there been a limit imposed regarding pms? amount or age?  i seem to be missing some tho their from 10 years or more ago but some of them contained Band info i think.

Also how can i change settings for how they appear? those are kinda hard for me to see like they are   need them wider really

and if im looking for something old the only way ive found to look if i dont know the title is to just keep scrolling down    which takes forever when u have a lot.

Bump

No limit that I'm aware of, and the settings are just different now - you'll need to mess around with them to get them to what you're ok with.  A few members (Nikon, specifically) have spent some time figuring that stuff out....you might want to reach out to him for some pointers.

8 hours ago, dicetosser1 said:

Bump

1 hour ago, Verbal32 said:

No limit that I'm aware of, and the settings are just different now - you'll need to mess around with them to get them to what you're ok with.  A few members (Nikon, specifically) have spent some time figuring that stuff out....you might want to reach out to him for some pointers.

I personally have all my saved PM's going back 4 years, didn't save any from before then, but Dice has been around DM much longer so I suppose there may be some max age the upgrade kept.

Edited by Nikon

It looks like one can no longer do a search on all of someone's posts - you have to search for a specific word too.

On 1/10/2018 at 4:20 PM, Mrs. Cindy Gill said:

Is there a way to make the view wider and minimize that right column? It's very hard fir me to read the narrower page. 

This is better today. Thank you. 

Is it possible to set the default to viewing the first unread in messages and threads instead of either the last post made or the first page? 

Mobile doesn't seem to give a first unread option :( 

On 1/11/2018 at 3:58 AM, Nikon said:

I personally have all my saved PM's going back 4 years, didn't save any from before then, but Dice has been around DM much longer so I suppose there may be some max age the upgrade kept.

Nik  can you help me out with trying to play with the "skin and sizing stuff? shoot me a pm if you can please!

On 1/12/2018 at 4:22 AM, Elgee said:

It looks like one can no longer do a search on all of someone's posts - you have to search for a specific word too.

thats gonna suck for Mafia

Can't seem to blog a post either, which is what I used to do to advertise events.

On 1/8/2018 at 4:34 PM, Verbal32 said:

I gave Jason a plugin that does this, but it isn't working.....he's looking into it.

Any news on this? It's coming up to report time and a lot of other things, which we kinda need these functions for.

Oh and how does one quote with the quote the quoted person quoted?

nested/embedded quotes is no longer a thing, so you can't

as for the plugin, I'll follow up