DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Mrs. Cindy Gill

Offline glitches

1 hour ago, Mashiara Sedai said:

Hmmm, just looked at it through non-admin settings and you don't have that same option.  I can manually change yours, Gud, and yours too, Cindy, if you let me know what it needs to be.

Yay thank You!

mine should be

Mrs. Cindy Gill

7 hours ago, Mashiara Sedai said:

Hmmm, just looked at it through non-admin settings and you don't have that same option.  I can manually change yours, Gud, and yours too, Cindy, if you let me know what it needs to be.

just Gudrean please =)) but you can call me Gud, all my friends do!!

It's called unread content now, I see it bottom right and sometimes up top right. Much more difficult for me to find on the phone, but the site in general isn't great on the phone.

as noted above, there appears to be a glitch with the unread content but sometimes it works.

Edited by Mrs. Cindy Gill

2 hours ago, Niniel said:

Is there a "New content" button anywhere?

There should be an "unread content" button in the top left-ish of your screen.

I think.

Also, for the name tweaks, we'll have to manually update them back to what they should be....not sure how that happened, but it seems pretty widespread.

27 minutes ago, Verbal32 said:

Also, for the name tweaks, we'll have to manually update them back to what they should be....not sure how that happened, but it seems pretty widespread.

Does someone need to start a thread for this, or do the admins have records of what the display names should be?  

1 hour ago, songstress7 said:

Does someone need to start a thread for this, or do the admins have records of what the display names should be?  

Someone really needs to help Leyrann.

Here's a weird glitch - I've edited the title of a thread (the roll call one) twice now, but it keeps reverting to the original (it asks me to confirm that I'm not a robot - is that the new normal?). I've done it a 3rd time now - hope i will stick.

Can we have a colour choice button on mobile? :smile:

Omg and an undo button lmao. I wanted to see what the " button did and it makes a beautiful blank nested quote!

When replying to a thread(not a comment, just replying to the thread) in the brown Ajah, without doing anything but clicking in the post field, it pasted the last post I had made in that thread, the day before, into the reply.

i went out of the thread and retried it 3 times and the same thing happened.

to document it, I just put the old text in spoiler tags and wrote my new post.

when I saved the post, the whole thing was in spoiler - I think I'm noticing that end tags don't always work?

[spoiler]blah blah Anna karennina dies at the end blah blah[/spoiler]

like that.

oh also when I tried to go back in and edit that post, it wouldn't let me edit anything that was spoilered or add any text to the comment. 

Brown ajah library fwiw, last page or two.

Edited by Mrs. Cindy Gill

4 hours ago, songstress7 said:

We don't have records of that, so we'll need to have a consolidated thread that we can work through once we're back online.

10 hours ago, Elgee said:

Here's a weird glitch - I've edited the title of a thread (the roll call one) twice now, but it keeps reverting to the original (it asks me to confirm that I'm not a robot - is that the new normal?). I've done it a 3rd time now - hope i will stick.

I’ve experienced this too, Elgee.  I attempted to edit a post at least a dozen times.  I reported it to the other admins and Jason was able to edit mine no problem.  When I tried again, it worked!  But then I edited another post and it didn’t work again.

I’m finding that editing a post in small batches (yes, this is a pain in the butt to do) has worked better.  For example, I’d edit the first paragraph and save.  Re-enter and edit the second paragraph. My success rate was much higher.

8 hours ago, Mrs. Cindy Gill said:

When replying to a thread(not a comment, just replying to the thread) in the brown Ajah, without doing anything but clicking in the post field, it pasted the last post I had made in that thread, the day before, into the reply.

This happened to me as well, Cindy.  I just erased the copied text and wrote what I wanted to.  It didn’t inconvenience me at all.

41 minutes ago, Mashiara Sedai said:

This happened to me as well, Cindy.  I just erased the copied text and wrote what I wanted to.  It didn’t inconvenience me at all.

It a slight pain to backspace through a long post on mobile, and I've had problems getting the text to select so I can delete it all at once.  and I've been getting an unusual number of tappos, double words, double posts, multi quotes, random emoji insertions, etc. as well.  

I'll try to watch out for these as they happen (and fail but it's not your fault I'm blind lol) but when I'm posting I'm usually posting fast. I could see this being a bigger issue in games, where there's no editing option.

5 hours ago, Mrs. Cindy Gill said:

It a slight pain to backspace through a long post on mobile, and I've had problems getting the text to select so I can delete it all at once.  and I've been getting an unusual number of tappos, double words, double posts, multi quotes, random emoji insertions, etc. as well.  

I'll try to watch out for these as they happen (and fail but it's not your fault I'm blind lol) but when I'm posting I'm usually posting fast. I could see this being a bigger issue in games, where there's no editing option.

I know all about the hassle of selecting the proper section to remove stuff on mobile.

I tend to select a section that's close to all of it, then manually backspacing the stragglers.

This happened to me a couple of times but it had a message saying it had saved my last reply and a little underlined link thing asking me to select it if I wanted to clear it.

The ads only appear at the top of some pages :)

3 hours ago, Ithillian Turambar said:

This happened to me a couple of times but it had a message saying it had saved my last reply and a little underlined link thing asking me to select it if I wanted to clear it.

The ads only appear at the top of some pages :)

I'll have to look for that. Lots of stuff I haven't figured out here.

the multiple boop backspace deleting is beyond my dexterity. 

A configuration or server error just occurred.  It was terrify:ohmy:ing 

see, that just put itself in the middle of a word for no reason.

that wasn't the error ... it was a blue underlined index page or something *shiver*

I don't mean to be a party pooper but the notification system really sucks.

It shows all the posts (individual notifications for each post in a thread), so I'm looking at the same thread multiple times. That's if I don't miss it completely because it just removes the bolding if you click on the system somewhere, and then you don't know what you've seen and what you haven't. If you click on "show all" then they're suddenly all bolded again. Hope that gets sorted out.

The notifications are disheartening. That will get worse as more people come back. Blarg.

do enjoy the tagging ability tho. Get notifications for tags.