DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Kathleen

Join the ACW Tuatha'an Camp

Hi this is SamVimes but apparently DM reverted my user name back to the original Rufae. Do I have to rejoin? Been gone a while but saw the posts about JordanCon and would like to re-connect. 

Your DM Name and any nicknames you prefer:   Rufae (aka SamVimes)

Your Wagon Interests - Art & Crafts, Writing, Hobbies (get specific if you like):  Writing and Arts & Crafts

Your other interests/notable acheivements/things you want us to know about you:  Published a shortstory and continue to fight the battle writing. Going to try and complete my Bachelors degree going forward. 

Questions for us: What's up?

Your Email (Optional): taaudoloran@gmail.com

31 minutes ago, Rufae said:

Hi this is SamVimes but apparently DM reverted my user name back to the original Rufae. Do I have to rejoin? Been gone a while but saw the posts about JordanCon and would like to re-connect. 

Your DM Name and any nicknames you prefer:   Rufae (aka SamVimes)

Your Wagon Interests - Art & Crafts, Writing, Hobbies (get specific if you like):  Writing and Arts & Crafts

Your other interests/notable acheivements/things you want us to know about you:  Published a shortstory and continue to fight the battle writing. Going to try and complete my Bachelors degree going forward. 

Questions for us: What's up?

Your Email (Optional): taaudoloran@gmail.com

Hi Sam!  Glad to see you here again!  When DM upgraded, a lot of things went funky.  Let me know if you need your name changed back.  I can do that for you!

Kathleen--our Mahdi--will be along shortly to get you access to the boards, if you don't still have them.

Love to have more writers and crafters around here!  Also, what type of degree are you getting?

@Rufae  Actually, just checked and you're still listed as a member!  Feel free to post wherever you can!

In that case, @Chaelca will be along shortly to get you initiated into the Tinker's ranking system!

Thanks, Mashiara Sedai! I'm going to try and finish my Accounting degree. It's been sitting out there half-done for a while... kinda like my novel. :laugh:

Welcome back Rufae !

We have a thread ready for you in the Campfire :

As you see, it is still under your old handle but I can change it (if you want me to :biggrin:)

To reach the next level (Master) you only need to create 3 items. This term theme is "the farm" :tongue:

After that, depending on what you like to do, there are medals to be won, if you submit enough masterpieces lol

Don't hesitate to ask me any question you may have !

Wow, didn't even see this thread! I've always had access to many area's of DM. I've been a member here since around 2004, I think.

I used to be a mod here when this area was much bigger. It was the Illuminators, then.

Edited by Cleopatra
forgot

22 hours ago, Rufae said:

Cleo! Good to see you! How's the art going?

Hey! So cool to see you again! Doing well with my art stuff :smile: Put a bit of it in the private art forum, here.

You can go to J Warden Portfolio and see my art there. Welcome back!

Edited by Cleopatra
typo

Well, I'm not too certain on whether I'm fine with the Way of the Leaf, but I've got a few interesting things up my sleeve.  I'd like to join.

Names Dan.

I love singing and an amateur baritone, I've fallen out of practice with the guitar, but such is life. I'm currently writing a dissertation on Viking military strategy (and been trying out how to write a novel on what I've discovered),

Achievements--well, I've got a few, but they aren't trophies, more life achievements.  I'm currently at the University of Edinburgh going for a PhD in Medieval Studies--originally from New Orleans, LA.  I'm actually trying to write a speech about these achievements in the next couple of weeks.  

Hi Dan!  Welcome to our fires!  I'm totally up for a philosophical debate about The Way of the Leaf, if you're interested!  (I'm White Ajah, by the way!)

Kathleen, our Mahdi, will be along shortly to get you access to the Wagons.  For now, post where you can!

I love singing too, but I suck at it!  *LOL*  I grew up attending a church that only sang acapella, and I adore the harmonies.  Any advice you can give for helping tune your voice?

Also, a PhD in Medieval Studies sounds fascinating!  Especially using that knowledge as inspiration for novels.  Really cool!

Hey and Welcome :biggrin:

I'll open a thread for you in the campfire where you can register your journey with us.

I hope you'll publish that dissertation! (I'd love to read it)

What kind of music genre do you like?

Thanks!

The Way of the Leaf isn't practical (and it is also illogical).  There are very cruel people out there and you just invite yourself to annihilation--so it is logical to be ready to defend yourself, lol. 

My favorite music genre--I'm not sure I have a favorite, although there are genres I don't like. My favorite musicians, though--Gilbert and Sullivan's operas--and to contrast, Jimmy Buffett.  I know those sound opposite, but they aren't.

I'm afraid I can't give you much advice on singing, though--I'm not shy about sharing and can share some of my own work, but I'm also not a voice teacher.  Think of elastic always, think of opposites (going up is down--you're like a rubber band expanding), and make sure you're breathing correctly. :wink:

I have never heard of Jimmy Buffet so I'll have a look :biggrin:

I'm curious even if he must be far from what I usually listen to. Country, rock? Right? ^.^

Don't hesitate to share your work with us !

Jimmy Buffett grew up in my neck of the woods.  We even have a bridge named after him.  Though I can't say I'm a fan but it's still kinda cool.

Jimmy Buffett is amazing.  He's all throughout the Caribbean and Bahamas--my family is big into sailing, so we've heard him in the Virgin islands and elsewhere.  I'd say he is a blend of country and rock.  I'm trying to introduce him to the Scottish people during my pilgrimage here. 

@Chaelca  I'll share something in haycraftd in a moment. 

@MashiraSedai I saw your your question on singing in the Hobby Wagon, but couldn't reply--I'm signed on to quite a lot here, but I don't think all yet. Beginning some of the exercises, I've found this youtube video good for warmup--she gives a good exercise on voice coming from your chest instead of your throat.  Like your vocal cords, are well-maybe a flute would be a good comparison?  Your air passes through your vocal cords it's kind of like the sound from the flute comes from blowing over it. Keep your soft palate up--to translate that into action, think about how your voice works when you're laughing or crying (or sometimes just try to whine like a little kid)--that's when it's up.  

@Mashiara Sedai A pleasure, my dear Aes Sedai.  Aes Sedai are humans too, aren't they?  And singing is AWESOME.

Now, I'd rather like to give advice directly because singing is awesome and the question's left me thinking--I might come up with more advice--but I can't reply to you--I can't in the Writers Wagon, Arts and Crafts Wagon, and the Hobby Wagon.  Is there something more I need to do?