DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New to Dragonmount?

Songstress

Hey all:

My name is Dan and I was mesmerized by Robert Jordan's Eye of the World when I first read it in the early 1990s.  Let me know if you agree with me: the first six books through Lord of Chaos were page turners even though longer than most books I've read.  My favorite was The Shadow Rising.  Like many of you I was heartbroken by RJ's decline in health.  He should have been there for the Last Battle.  Brian Sanderson finished off the series as well as could be expected.

It's too bad Amazon took the safe route and picked the Tolkien world for their series.  The Peter Jackson films pretty much played out the most interesting people and story lines.  RJ 's world building and main character development made me feel like I knew them.  His concepts of time, dreamworld and multiverses would provide endless interesting material. 

Now that the EOTW is coming to fruition, I hope they find someone that can whittle down the side trips and one-off peoples that bogged down the middle books.  A properly distilled adaptation may ignite a whole new generation of followers.  We need to help build some fan inertia

I have never blogged before but couldn't pass up the chance.  

Edited by Guest

Welcome to DM Dandragoran! Love the name *grins*

I must agree with you on all points (boring, I know, and rather unusual for me!)  - there seems to be some interesting news on the adaptation front. You can follow the link from here:

Not sure how true it is, but it gives one hope.

So which characters or groups are your favourites from the books?

Also, have you had a look around yet? Do you need some guidance or information?

On 2/27/2018 at 9:37 AM, Elgee said:

Welcome to DM Dandragoran! Love the name *grins*

I must agree with you on all points (boring, I know, and rather unusual for me!)  - there seems to be some interesting news on the adaptation front. You can follow the link from here:

Not sure how true it is, but it gives one hope.

So which characters or groups are your favourites from the books?

Also, have you had a look around yet? Do you need some guidance or information?

Thanks for the welcome.

My favorite character was Moiraine.  With all of the talk of controlling the dragon, she helped Rand a lot. She was a badass when necessary, even  balefiring a forsaken.  Although technically a high born Cairhein noblewoman, she took a lot of s**t from the Two Rivers lot and yet did not retaliate or try to show them up.

Her speech about Manetheren was one the highlights of the series.

As far as I can remember, she never "sniffed" or "tugged on her braid."

I'm just getting used to this.  Sometimes I have trouble finding the right thread.

12 hours ago, Dandragoran said:

Thanks for the welcome.

My favorite character was Moiraine.  With all of the talk of controlling the dragon, she helped Rand a lot. She was a badass when necessary, even  balefiring a forsaken.  Although technically a high born Cairhein noblewoman, she took a lot of s**t from the Two Rivers lot and yet did not retaliate or try to show them up.

I'm just getting used to this.  Sometimes I have trouble finding the right thread.

You're welcome :)

I love Moiraine too. She instantly gave me a love for Aes Sedai and here I am, an Aes Sedai myself after many years *grins*

Anyhoo, I know DM can be big and confusing, but it does unravel itself to you after a while. We're all here to help you so feel free to post here or PM us.

12 hours ago, Dandragoran said:

Thanks for the welcome.

Welcome!

Moiraine was my top favorite too. Have you read New Spring? I just really wish we would have gotten the prequel between New Spring and Eye of the World. It would have encompassed the 20 years Lan and Moiraine searched for Rand.

I read New Spring as a short story as part of an anthology.  It came out around the time of EOTW.  We got to see Moiraine's  sense of humor with her Lan antics.  I will order the full version to see how RJ expanded it.  I agree their journeys would make a great story.  Thanks for the suggestion.  

7 hours ago, Dandragoran said:

I read New Spring as a short story as part of an anthology.  It came out around the time of EOTW.  We got to see Moiraine's  sense of humor with her Lan antics.  I will order the full version to see how RJ expanded it.  I agree their journeys would make a great story.  Thanks for the suggestion.  

Inthink you will enjoy the full version. It explains a lot.

6 hours ago, Jagen Sedai said:

New Spring is my favorite of all the books, I think. It’s certainly the one I’ll pick up to randomly go through more than any other. 

I read it after the third book which was a really good time for me. RJ planned to write another pre-quel from the end of New Spring to Eye of the World. Twenty years of Moiraine and Lan searching for Rand.

*shakes head* Man, I would have LOVED to read that. So much I wanted to learn--like exactly where and how did Moiraine learn balefire?! Among several other "important" questions. Man oh man I would not complain, honestly, if RJ left notes and Sanderson did that one, too. (I wish!)

On 3/3/2018 at 3:30 AM, Jagen Sedai said:

*shakes head* Man, I would have LOVED to read that. So much I wanted to learn--like exactly where and how did Moiraine learn balefire?! Among several other "important" questions. Man oh man I would not complain, honestly, if RJ left notes and Sanderson did that one, too. (I wish!)

Oh my word, yes! Though I would prefer if someone other than Sanderson did it .. lol

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello all!

I am Deminas and I am relatively new to the WoT world, currently on ACoS and super excited about the whole series. I love to immerse myself into the story, and I stumbled upon this site through my many times googling WoT :p The Aes Sedai are so intriguing and I find myself missing their stories when I am on a different part of the book. I am excited to explore this community and hopefully to makes some new friends. Blessings to you all! 

Edited by Deminas

• 2 weeks later...

Hey gang! Long time lurker of the "general discussion" forums, but the last few weeks I've been roleplaying on DM, so I figured I'd formally introduce myself to the rest of the forum. You can call me Odd, if you like. Currently doing my first re-read of the series. I finished Dragon Reborn today and I still get goosebumps at that book! <spoilers> When Rand proclaims himself the Dragon Reborn in the Heart of the Stone... so good </spoilers>

So, hello to you all and thank you for having me! Come by the RP section and join us! It's too much fun! :laugh:

I’ve been thinking about a Warder character for ages.

Come see us in the social groups. You won’t be able to see all of the boards until you become a member.