DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Blizzcon

Shad_

Wait, what?  Vanilla WoW?!

I still play WoW, so I'm curious how this will work.  A new game, or a rollback of some servers?

A server rollback. They didn't give many details, and I don't know if that's because they're saving it for a later panel or because it's a long way off, but there's definitely a lot of kinks to work out in terms of what they do and don't walk back. Like I would imagine they'll want modern graphics, which means updating all of the classic zones while keeping the content.

I for one would definitely resubscribe for it. I let mine run out after I hit 110 in Legion, more for lack of time than interest. (Overwatch had a bit to do with that.) I can't pass up a opportunity to have another go at classic WoW though.

Edited by Shad_

A little bit, but I didn't pay much attention.  New expansion, every character will now be able to equip a weapon, they showcased some new cards, there will be a new dungeon mode with a sort of classic RPG format--e.g. each encounter is randomly generated and if you ever lose you have to start back at the beginning with a new random spawn of bosses, you get loot for each one you can beat consecutively up to 8.

That was in the opening ceremony.  I don't know if they announced more during the panel.  I didn't watch it.