Turin Turambar

The Ultimate Battle of Wits [Me'A November Game]

Getting on with it.... :blush:

Previously on the Battle of Wits....

Ithi and Millon were locked in the initial battle. Ithi decided to go with ROCK. And the was well rewarded.

Image result for rock monster thor

Millon was taken aback by the mighty rock, but he had a trick up his sleeve. He would fight power with strategy. and he went with 

PAPER. 

Image result for fine print examples

Yes it was the dreaded fine print and the poor Rock Monster had no defense. he was bamboozled and bashed himself in the head in his confusuion...

Millon!!!! you move on and now the tourney will continue. Hopefully we will not have any further breaks (yes I'm looking at you Verb :tongue:

Ithi you do not go home empty handed. You get this fine Siggy to wear ( I know it is fine because I know who made it :wub:). 

KOC7lyX.gif

Also this:

signifying the longest death EVAH!!!!

So now we can move forward. This round will feature battles pitting the following warriors against each other. Remember there are no points for second place.

Shad vs.  Millon

Oscar vs. Adella

DJ vs. Verb 

Rhea vs. James B.

The matches will begin TODAY at 1200 noon GMT . You will have 24 hours to give me your decision. (I was gonna  do them one per day but since the event is already into it's 3rd month I figured we could just get on with it. Good luck. 

Okay, Rhea. I have thrown my choice.

I think you'll find it is a cut above the others.

It's a solid choice.

I will enjoy reading of your demise in the paper.

4 hours ago, JamesBrown said:

Okay, Rhea. I have thrown my choice.

I think you'll find it is a cut above the others.

It's a solid choice.

I will enjoy reading of your demise in the paper.

Is that so...

You are a cut up, that is for sure. 

As for solid, I am not so sure. 

Lets wrap this up!

*boom* The counter move has been made!

Greetings all! we have reached the deadline for our first day of the tourney but unfortunately there are two people that have not responded and given their official actions. I have elected to give a one time 5 our grace period since I am home at the present and we have had one draw that will be going to ... SUDDEN DEATH!!!!!

I need to hear from Adella and Shad. I know Adella has been about so if anyone can check to makes sure Ed hasn't locked her up someplace that would be helpful. Also I haven't herd from Shad at all so if anyone knows an alternate method to reach him that would be helpful. Thanks in advance. 

Now on to the results...

First Battle is DJ versus Verbal. 

Dj was nervous. What to do what to do. Verbal was a cunning OLD veteran of the DM wars. To attempt to see what was in his mind in order to ascertain what he would do was a dangerous mission. She attempted to delve into his ewok mind but it was difficult with all the spiderman memes and Jennifer Lawrence images to figure out what what would be best. Then she realised she was overthinking the process and thought about his name. Verbal. Words. She reached into her pocket and pulled out her handy dandy Damascus Steel Scissors. 

Image result for Scissors

Verb wasted no time in making his choice he immediately went to work. He had to make up for his breaking the site and making everyone twiddle their thumbs for 6 weeks. He made his choice but then was distracted by a image of Bridget Regan in a spiderman costume... Dangit man concentrate he said to himself. He went into his most zen like trance and saw what he should do. and he chose...... poorly. PAPER.

in the end there was much snipping and screaming but Verb did end up with some very nice artwork.

Related image

DJ is victorious!!!!!! 

Next up are Rhea versus James B.

Rhea wanted to win. She was driven to solve the puzzle that was James B. She treated it as a matter of sheer logic. ROCK, PAPER, SCISSORS. Multiple choice question. 78% of the time the answer is C. BOOM!!! Scissors it is. She threw what she thought should be a perfectly good set forward but was not impressed by the result.

Image result for Scissors

James thought that in this game no one ever chooses Rock, right. I mean how simplistic would that be so Scissors was the safe choice. Either he wins or he draws. maybe it was that excessive amount of logic deployed that altered the magic at hand but his produced scissors weren't what he had hoped for either. 

Image result for cartoon Scissors

It is a DRAW!!!! We go to .... wait for it .... SUDDEN DEATH!!!

You each have up to 24 hours to make a choice once both of you have chosen that is it. No changing. Good luck.

Now that I've successfully left you all in great suspense...

You better watch out Oscar!!

I just got Adella's official reply. 

Adella versus Oscar

Adella was late. She had forgotten to send off that most important piece of mail and had just realised it. she scurried to get it in the mail. "what was it Oscar said he was gonna do? Scissors? He wouldn't really do that would he? Not a chance." Okay this is gonna be easy. I'll just pick paper and be safe about it. Done. It is in the mail. 

Related image

Oscar was adamant that he wanted his prize. "Go big or go home". Scissors.

Related image

Oscar is the victor.  

(sorry for short scene. I gotta get ready for work now)

I am clever! What will you do now? 

*ponders her next move carefully*

We have more results in the EPIC Rhea vs. James B. match...

James was very eager to get his choice in. The early bird gets the worm and all that. He was certain he was gonna make the right choice this time....

Rhea was busy so she took a little longer to decide but she too just knew that victory was in reach...

James:

Related image

Rhea: (got some help pushing it around)

Related image

Another tie. Are you guys comparing notes??? All right well you have another 24 hours in part because I am trying to give Shad a chance to find the site again. same rules. 

18 hours ago, thehumantrashcan said:

OH yeah, I won a bet, what do I win?  Also, I'm going ROCK this time.

Well we never agreed to a set prize but her is something somewhat fitting.

Image result for funny rocks

:laugh: That is funny! 

Let's see, what's left? LOL

It is getting heated in the Rhea vs. James B Battle.

We are on round three in this tremendous battle. James was first again, but Rhea was now into the fight and responded quickly. 

James: Rock

Rhea: Rock

Image result for rock paper scissors gif

on to round four. 

Edited by Turin Turambar