DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A decision about mafia

Verbal32

I disagree personally. A lot of the people that played in the games I hosted here weren't even members of this social group. In general I wouldn't say Mafia games are a place to make friends lol  But maybe that's just me. I have some friends that play mafia. Others don't. And you should never feel obligated to partake in anything that doesn't interest you. If it's not your cup of tea, it's not. 

Also I don't feel like mafia has ever been prominent enough here to constitute as SG's thing  lol   I think we had like... what? a couple games a year?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I ask what kind of interaction you might be looking for? As a newer member this is good info for us.

something that shows me what this group is about? direction. each social group so far has its own identity and i struggle to really grasp this one you know? its dominated activity has been mafia games it seems, which makes it feel a bit like a club for mafia players. which is fine if thats what you want.

personally i'm at this site for social interaction, for new friendships, discussion, nerding out about WoT. to embrace each aspect of the world and the world here that appeals to me. i personally dont get mafia, tress tried to explain it to me and it just doesnt appeal. so the friendships and interaction that stem from it eludes me. and while as an aspect of this social group is fine i'm looking for more WoT based things, more interaction more Shayol Ghulness. like the Black ajah, the dreadlord the shadowspawn, there could be so much done with those. but there's no direction to them. you get points at random which is fine, but how do you join the factions? is there things that each faction does thats unique to them? are there wars between them? are there different stages? how do you get there?

i get that groups go through phases of activity, it just happens. but as someone new, who isnt into mafia games, and thats pretty much all the action you see, you start to think you need to participate in those in order to fit in. so you just.....dont.

That's great feedback! Thanks Cross.

I disagree personally. A lot of the people that played in the games I hosted here weren't even members of this social group. In general I wouldn't say Mafia games are a place to make friends lol  But maybe that's just me. I have some friends that play mafia. Others don't. And you should never feel obligated to partake in anything that doesn't interest you. If it's not your cup of tea, it's not. 

Also I don't feel like mafia has ever been prominent enough here to constitute as SG's thing  lol   I think we had like... what? a couple games a year?

I disagree, I've made a handful of friends through mafia that I otherwise would not have.  Think of JN - a bunch of us went 100% for mafia (Barm, DPR, and I were the original 3 dragged by Kivam), and we now have friends there.  Others from DM have come and the same results has happened.....but it was mafia that created the situation for friends to be made.  IMO.

The faction leaders usually arm wrestle for new members on their secret board. Verbal always loses.

You'd be surprised how often I used to get my way when this place was super active during my 1st stint as Shaidar Haran (Slim Shaidy to you folks).  :-)

Not different at all - making friends is making friends, regardless of where it occurs. This happened to be due to mafia, so it totally makes sense.

It is different because it might have happened to you but not necessarily someone else. You don't represent society as whole last time i checked

Not to sound pompous or anything (ok, maybe a little), but I'm an easygoing guy who makes friends easily because I don't let many things bother me and I have a long fuse in dealing with people.

Maybe more of society should be like me.  ;-)  There would be less jerks running around, less fighting, less violence, and a TON more Spidey meme and Family Guy jokes.

I mean, what's not to love about that?!

Not to sound pompous or anything (ok, maybe a little), but I'm an easygoing guy who makes friends easily because I don't let many things bother me and I have a long fuse in dealing with people.

Maybe more of society should be like me. ;-) There would be less jerks running around, less fighting, less violence, and a TON more Spidey meme and Family Guy jokes.

I dont really have any desire to be like you. Sorry.

Maybe more of society should be like me. ;-) There would be less jerks running around, less fighting, less violence, and a TON more Spidey meme and Family Guy jokes.

You can be a jerk. Jerk.

Maybe more of society should be like me.  ;-)  There would be less jerks running around, less fighting, less violence, and a TON more Spidey meme and Family Guy jokes.

"Im not different Im just the way everyone else should be."

-Zander Zander Bobby Inc- A Subsidiary of TacoCorp

Edited by Zander