DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Sign in to follow this  
LedZepMan

986 Minutes

Apparently Pandora keeps track of how much time I listened to my Heavy Metal Station.

What's 986 divided by 60?

8019 minutes / 134 hours listening to "Tristram" from the Diablo soundtrack on record, probably double that from before my starts started being logged.

Those are probably my three most listened to songs ever. Can't really confirm it though.

16.43 hours.

Damn. Not even a whole day

That's about how much music I listen in a single day.

I'm not sure what the most is. I think it'll be Wheel of Time from Blind Guardian, which I've probably listened on average... 2 times a week since I know it, no wait, more than that because I listened it more earlier on, maybe 3 times a week. I've started listening July 2010, so it's 7 years and 13 weeks, which makes for 7*52+13=377 weeks. 377*3=1131 times, times 8:56 minutes=10103 minutes=168 hours.

And I think that's a low estimate.

I don't have stats.

But I only listened music for 7 years, so I guess I'm at a higher /year rate.

I have absolutely zero stats to back this, but I would guess that my average track length is something around 7 minutes where normal is probably closer to 4. Over the course of 243,000 songs, that can make a big difference.

Only thing that might be dragging the number back down is my videogame music.

The biggest thing that my stats are missing is Blind Guardian, Radiohead, and Opeth.  Listened to all three of them easily 1000+ times in the year or two before it started logging.  Blind Guardian maybe closer to like 3000.

Blind Guardian is still my #1 most played in spite of it though.  hah

I actually don't spin them that much these days, but Nightfall in Middle-Earth was my favorite album for like a decade.

In fact, the average length of the songs in the list that I typically listen (a huge list on shuffle where I put in the tracks I like more additional times to give them a weight) is above 8:20.

I was talking about hours of a single song per year though.

I miss the days when last.fm could spit out numbers for these things, before they went all corporate minimalism.

It varies so wildly between artists.  Like even if you just take my top 10, Krallice is probably around 12 minutes and Boris might be close to 10, Nobuo Uematsu and Yasunori Mitsuda are probably 2 minutes tops.

By the way, have I ever posted this song before? I discovered the band a while ago and they're amazing. This song is my favorite song if you exclude album finishers.