DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

October Chitter Chatter

Ryrin

yeah we're going through that same cycle. cooler week this week then its supposed to warm up again. but there's still something different about the air. could be the days getting shorter. or just the knowing its fall regardless

Weather here is cool for here.... which means to say it's been in the low 80s. Which makes mornings lovely and cool. Leaves are falling with their usual inconsistency, so we have some trees that haven't changed, and others are just turning brown and dropping leaves. But it's not 90-100+! 

Plans for this month include attending Coronation in a couple of weeks, and attending a wedding, and a house-warming for friends who bought a new house. Also, Pumpkin Patch field trips for the school I teach at! 

My son lives in Seattle. He bought this thing, a mini black refrigerator that holds a keg. There is a tap on top. I thought it was pretty cool. He and his girlfriend like to hold board game nights. He can get the keg filled through a friend's brewery at a lower cost.

• Club Leader

What a find! So, you're making Roman garb now? What is your persona? Mine was 10th century Viking, but in this climate, I couldn't wear Viking clothing, so I made up a story that my brother (RL nephew) went on raids and found me all my Celtic garb. lol

I chose Roman. Need to pick out a name/persona. I was at Academia and I met the Baroness near us and her Lady. Both were Roman. The Baroness is English, very slender. Her Lady is more my size. Both looked lovely in Roman garb and were very nice people.

I wish you were here Lily, so we could do SCA together.

I attended a few sca gatherings when i was a teen. I never joined but always had a good time.

Fall has gotten alright. The weather dipped but ive gotten used to it. Warmer temps than most years this time. Leaves have changed and are still holding on so i can really enjoy them.

It's gotten nice (for here). Mostly highs in the 70s or low 80s during the day, dropping into the 50s at night, the 40s a couple of times. It finally feels like fall!

SCA definitely is best with friends. :smile:  That's my largest social circle at this point (offline and online)!