DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Black Tower future location.

Awakened

As to the future, it does seem like no matter what the leaders of the two Towers may wish, they're inevitably bound to each other. There's a good number of Aes Sedai who respect the Asha'man and their Tower, and a good number of Asha'man who respect the Aes Sedai and their Tower. Plus, they fought together in the greatest channeling battle of the Age, and though never directly, worked together to break the Seals at the exact right time to let the DR do his thing. All said, I'm liking the idea of a Grey Tower more and more.

Regards Bitgid

Edited by bitgid

1 hour ago, bitgid said:

As to the future, it does seem like no matter what the leaders of the two Towers may wish, they're inevitably bound to each other. There's a good number of Aes Sedai who respect the Asha'man and their Tower, and a good number of Asha'man who respect the Aes Sedai and their Tower. Plus, they fought together in the greatest channeling battle of the Age, and though never directly, worked together to break the Seals at the exact right time to let the DR do his thing. All said, I'm liking the idea of a Grey Tower more and more.

Regards Bitgid

I don't think anybody denies that the towers will eventually be united, that much is clear.  It's how and when they are united, and I'm thinking that it's gonna be a very slow process.  The Asha'man have to relearn what it means to be male channellers on their own, and the Aes Sedai have to learn what it means to have male channellers they aren't actively gentling as well.  I wouldn't even discount the idea of a "Grey Tower" as an unofficial melding of Aes Sedai and Asha'man at this point, but I don't think anything major toward unifying them is going to happen short of the ending of the fourth age.

The white tower has never been an institution that represents male channeling, nor do they have the resources (currently) to change that.

In aviendhas future vision there's no indication the towers merge before they're destroyed by the Seanchan

We know male and female channelers will work together when the wheel turns, but I don't think it happens officially in the next age

If one towers wiped out I could see an underground resistance movement combined but?

Edited by BFG

It would make sense that when channeling is rediscovered that men and women would be together, all the past history would of been forgotten.  Respect each other yes, but could you see Aes Sedai inviting Asha'man to be equal members in the tower?  Even bonding them there was talk of making sure to use to power on the men to make them obedient.  No to mention many Reds hate men, so it will take awhile before they ever consider men equal partners.  The BT just sacrificed a lot to be an independent place, they won't simply give that away.

In my WoT: The 4th Age DnD Campaign Setting, I solved this problem by having the Black Tower be relocated to Caemlyn. The Black Tower (the building) was built in the former ruins of the Palace of Andor.

Why did Elayne allow this? Well, she's the ruler of TWO kingdoms (Andor and Cairehein), and since her capitol city was destroyed in TLB, she thought it a perfect opportunity to establish a new Capitol on the Border between the two kingdoms. Having one city in one kingdom be the capitol for both nations is kinda impractical; After all, she doesn't want to show favoritism to her subjects in either kingdom.

Edited by Durzan

2 hours ago, Durzan said:

In my WoT: The 4th Age DnD Campaign Setting, I solved this problem by having the Black Tower be relocated to Caemlyn. The Black Tower (the building) was built in the former ruins of the Palace of Andor.

Why did Elayne allow this? Well, she's the ruler of TWO kingdoms (Andor and Cairehein), and since her capitol city was destroyed in TLB, she thought it a perfect opportunity to establish a new Capitol on the Border between the two kingdoms. Having one city in one kingdom be the capitol for both nations is kinda impractical; After all, she doesn't want to show favoritism to her subjects in either kingdom.

She doesn't need to relocate the capitol.  Caemlyn is close enough that natural population growth would cause the two to merge anyway.  It wouldn't happen right away, but it would happen.  You do bring up another interesting point, though.  The Dragon's peace forbids marriages between ruling lines without separate and strict lines of inheritance, which makes her rule of both countries as a violation of the spirit if not the exact letter of that treaty.