DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

WoT a complex Blacksmith's Puzzle

Owayn The Traveller

Maybe a of a spoiler here, if you haven't finished Gathering Storm. So stop if so

Doing my first listen of the books on audiobook and I just noticed something I hadn't before.

The Great Hunt, ch 5 I think.

Moraine and Suiane discussing how if an amyrlin is stilled they must be kept on a servent becuase who could rally around someone who's cleaning dishes?

Really nice foreshadowing for Egwene.

It's unreal how much of that there is in the books.

What's your favourite bit, that's not mine but it's my favourite so far in book 2 of my reread/first listen (skipped book 1)

First post in years!

Maybe a of a spoiler here, if you haven't finished Gathering Storm. So stop if so

Doing my first listen of the books on audiobook and I just noticed something I hadn't before.

The Great Hunt, ch 5 I think.

Moraine and Suiane discussing how if an amyrlin is stilled they must be kept on a servent becuase who could rally around someone who's cleaning dishes?

Really nice foreshadowing for Egwene.

It's unreal how much of that there is in the books.

What's your favourite bit, that's not mine but it's my favourite so far in book 2 of my reread/first listen (skipped book 1)

First post in years!

Yup! When you get around to re-reading The Eye of the World, you'll be amazed at how many things Jordan had planned all along!

riding in a cart on their way to caemlyn and barely able to stay awake,rand

and mat had to listen to almen bunt's endless monologue about caemlyn,

morgase,elaida,luc,tigraine etc...reading eye of the world chapter 34 i said

to myself,wonderful,rand and mat are out of their depth,hungry,tired,hunted

by darkfriends and this almen bunt won't shut up.

when i learned that shaiel was actually tigraine,i returned to the eye of the 

world chapter 34,reread it very carefully and was impressed by robert jordan's

ability to tell us about rand's family tree during a seemingly insignificant cart ride to caemlyn.

For me it might not be expressly mentioned but in book 5, when Gren opened the portal (when the forsaken were meeting) and Rhavin noticed a older weathered man with her pets and thought that was odd. Later to learn that was Jain/Noal.

That was one of the more blatant ones, imo.

We were told so much Grendael pets were always pretties or some such, that an old weathered man stuck out like a sore thumb then.

Ingtar being the dark friend from shieran who the man who called himself Bors saw in the prologue of the great hunt. When rand goes to rescue Egwene in Fal Dara after Fain escapes, he meets Ingtar near the dungeons.

Little clue there I suppose. Subtle too.

riding in a cart on their way to caemlyn and barely able to stay awake,rand

and mat had to listen to almen bunt's endless monologue about caemlyn,

morgase,elaida,luc,tigraine etc...reading eye of the world chapter 34 i said

to myself,wonderful,rand and mat are out of their depth,hungry,tired,hunted

by darkfriends and this almen bunt won't shut up.

when i learned that shaiel was actually tigraine,i returned to the eye of the 

world chapter 34,reread it very carefully and was impressed by robert jordan's

ability to tell us about rand's family tree during a seemingly insignificant cart ride to caemlyn.

RJ was gifted beyond words, and such a good writer that things tied themselves in he probably didn't give a second thought to.  Each time I go back through the series (more than 20 times now,) I glean little nuggets and have realizations of things I hadn't connected before.