A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tainted Minds - A Black Tower Mafia Game: Game over - Town wins

Andrej

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gg everyone!

I didn't fully follow the game, only really read a bit after dice seemed cranky on skype and it's always amusing to watch as smoke comes out of his ears. From the little I did read, however, BFG prolly the most obvious town in the universe.  Marsh did a hell of a job at deepwolfing   *two thumbs up*  

I see I lived by the skin of my teeth...

Pfew.

Also proud to have provided cover for the cops.

Although, I shouldn't have, as I gave a scum read for BFG n1 and Dice n1, which wouldn't have fit either the sane or insane pattern. For some reason I expected to get a town read on dice during d2, so I wanted to keep up an insane-cop appearance. It should've given me away as a fake.

Great game, everyone! Thanks for putting in the work, AJ and Lenlo!

Wow, I thought the wolves knew I was the traitor, because of Marsh voting me for hard claiming wolf and then rescinding the vote right away (I totally took that as a "Yo, I see you, little wolfbrother," shout out after my daring scum claim breadcrumb), and the way they both stayed on SK while I was getting lynched. I thought they were actually stretching their necks out for me. I'm so chagrined to find out otherwise. :tongue: 

Scum team for the lose, but man, Marsh played well down the stretch. That really looked like your town game!

Cory, that was a clinic. I'm really impressed.

I wish I hadn't been the first lynch, because this was a great group to play with. :wub:

I would recommend you peek either Ironeyes or Dar'Jen.  It really doesn't matter which one you pick.

I would recommend you peek either Ironeyes or Dar'Jen. It really doesn't matter which one you pick.

I'm curious as to why. Partially because the game, partially because narcissism lol

At the time, I had ruled DJ out as being a cop because of her confusion around the roles, and I had ruled out Cory for claiming the town peek of Dice and then dropping it later (and I think at one point he had stated he wasn't a cop); I was aware the possibility of FPS but thought it was highly unlikely with this format and player base.  That means the peeks from N0 and N1 for people who could have been the cop were - 

LZM - Leyrann T, Chris M  (+ insane, +sane with N0 frame)
Sooh - Chris M, SK T    (+sane w/ N0 frame, +insane with N1 frame, =insane)
SK - LZM M, Niniel T    (+sane w/frame, -insane)
Niniel - self T, BFG M (=sane with N1 frame, +insane with N0 frame)
Leyrann - BFG M, Dice M ( + sane with N0 Frame, --insane,)

BFG  - LZM T, not stated
Iron - Chris T, not stated

Which gave us a total list of

Leyrann
Clov II
SK
LZM I
Niniel I
BFG I
Dice

Where the name indicates one person representing a peek, and each line representing an additional peek.  From this, there were three players who hadn't been represented with potential peeks but were still alive: Cory, DJ, and Iron.  Peeking one of these three would always be more rewarding than peeking someone else who had already been checked, as we would be gaining new information;  a player doubling up on someone they already peeked would confirm that person to be town if the new result was different from the original (as this could only be because of framing, and mafia cannot frame themselves), but it would represent no additional information if it was consistent beyond that person's framed status was the same on both nights (i.e., framed both nights, not framed either night).  Because of that, the percentage play is ALWAYS to peek someone new.

Cory was quite obviously not mafia at this point, so while he could have been used for the sanity check, it would have been solely to determine the sanity of each cop.  Picking either DJ or Iron would result in the same sanity check while also giving a reference point for their alignment should the game go on longer and peeks began to matter.

I think I already touched on it in the deadthread, but good game everyone - it was one of the more enjoyable games on the site I can remember, both from an activity standpoint, an effort standpoint, and a friendly standpoint.  It was nice to see a mix of players, too.  

Exceptionally good job to Cory and Iron.  I'll do better next time.  And hopefully not botch the setup.

Thanks to everyone for playing. I honestly didn't expect the game to fill so quickly so I appreciate everyone for making that happen.

I'll let the BT regs handle the points stuff cause I have no clue :unsure:

Sure, I'll do it. Should I count you both as full mods or you as full mod and Lenlo as co-mod?