A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tainted Minds - A Black Tower Mafia Game: Game over - Town wins

Andrej

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is important for all villagers to leave seer cover in this set-up btw

the cool things is you dont have to worry about it too much, since how hilariously unreliable everything will be, but itll be good for data compilation later in the game

FWIW I had a long internal debate about this once the setup was announced.  I was trying to decide if there was any value, and I pretty much came up with "not really, until one of the cops is dead".  But even after that, we won't know which one flipped and which is alive - nor will mafia. 

I don't know that I think SHC is completely worthless in this kind of setup, but it's definitely nowhere near as helpful.

the cool things is you dont have to worry about it too much, since how hilariously unreliable everything will be, but itll be good for data compilation later in the game

FWIW I had a long internal debate about this once the setup was announced.  I was trying to decide if there was any value, and I pretty much came up with "not really, until one of the cops is dead".  But even after that, we won't know which one flipped and which is alive - nor will mafia. 

I don't know that I think SHC is completely worthless in this kind of setup, but it's definitely nowhere near as helpful.

SHC is totally useless IMO

too much V A R I A N C E

FWIW I had a long internal debate about this once the setup was announced. I was trying to decide if there was any value, and I pretty much came up with "not really, until one of the cops is dead". But even after that, we won't know which one flipped and which is alive - nor will mafia.

too much V A R I A N C E

That's a huge contradiction. From one post to the next you just changed your stance on seer cover.

SHC was a is a fairly new concept for me. Never seen it in use pre-hiatus, this'll be my 2nd game with it. Still undecided of its usefulness.

it can be situationally useful in other setups, but here it's meaningless.

there are some situations where checks are useful, but thats nothing im gonna talk about rn huehuehue

FWIW I had a long internal debate about this once the setup was announced. I was trying to decide if there was any value, and I pretty much came up with "not really, until one of the cops is dead". But even after that, we won't know which one flipped and which is alive - nor will mafia.

too much V A R I A N C E

That's a huge contradiction. From one post to the next you just changed your stance on seer cover.

seer cover does not equal shc

seer cover is the idea that villagers leave fakepeeks so that the real seer/seers can leave their peeks in the open without obviously being seer

shc aka "seer hunt clear" is the idea that if someone is NKed in a game where wolves would be trying to kill the seer and they flip vanilla, the odds of their peek being correct shoot up to a higher percentage since wolves wouldnt kill someone with an incorrect peek*

*though this does happen cause lolwolves lolmafia etc

there are a lot of fun nuances to leaving good seer cover, but for this game they are mostly irrelevant, since there is an insane cop + framers checks are super unreliable, so its not like wolves can cop hunt by who has a correct/incorrect peek

hence you can be a little more... reckless with your cover

make sense?

I'm still not getting it. Maybe just confused by the extra roles and all.

I'm going to try to focus on town and mafia for the time being. Maybe the rest will make sense, eventually.

Game mechanics will play out eventually. Unless you're an early lynch or nk, you'll figure it out in time.

I'm still not getting it. Maybe just confused by the extra roles and all.

I'm going to try to focus on town and mafia for the time being. Maybe the rest will make sense, eventually.

nothing you really have to worry about besides at some point (if you are a seer) leaving who you checked and your result before d1 ends and (if you are a vanilla villager) making up a result and posting it in the thread before d1 ends

who is town / who is mafia is most certainly the actual focus. considering the reliability of checks, this is very much a vanilla-type game. im all hot and bothered