DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Greetings Dragonmount

Jilo

I greet every knots of The Wheel  :wheel: 

I just started this extraordinary series like fourty days ago and it's been great so far. I'm almost half of fourth book right now and goin' hard(buying hardcover books often kinda hurts though :dry: ). I am deeply sorry about this late introduction with the series but also happy because shining days of my life with it ^^ By the way i'm kinda scared about spoiler content but i think i can defend myself from The Blight. :rolleyes:   :flamingsword:   :baalzamon:

My favorite characters are Perrin, Loial and Mat right now.

Aiel wastes also interest me cause very interesting culture touches out there however they are still pretty unknown to me so i would like to learn more about them.  :aiel:

Perrin's idiosyncrasy got my attention because his judge about other people and their actions feels honorable to me likewise his fighting style also got me good ^^  :hopper:

Loial's periphrasis feels so original although i could not expect less from his character. His hunger about learning and curiosity touched my soul from the beginning.  :loial:

Mat is Mat, how can i explain why he is one of my favorites. His luckmonger attitude the reason of having my cookie ^^  :mat:

I would like to know you guys and have good times together ! 

Edited by Jilo

Welcome to DM!  I read the series in 2010 and it really changed my life. I've met some lifelong friends here and found a place to relax and have fun. I spend most of my time in the White Tower and Warders. I'd advise you stay away from the discussion forums. Technically you can find spoilers anywhere but people are pretty careful in the social groups.

If you have any questions, please ask.

Welcome to DM!  I read the series in 2010 and it really changed my life. I've met some lifelong friends here and found a place to relax and have fun. I spend most of my time in the White Tower and Warders. I'd advise you stay away from the discussion forums. Technically you can find spoilers anywhere but people are pretty careful in the social groups.

Thank you very much for advise. It's really hard to choose between social groups and i don't want to be hasty about it, maybe after end of the series. :huh:

Hello, Jilo. Welcome to DM.

Do you mean the word, 'paraphrase'? As in, explaining something using different words? Can you give an example of what Loial does that impressed you, because I'm not clear on what you mean.

No i didn't mean paraphrase actually 'Periphrasis' like use of a longer expression instead of a shorter one with a similar meaning which is Loial using always and even other characters warns him about it. It's circumlocution. I can't remember exact words for an example but when Loial explain any situation he keeps it long and fancy. I hope i've been clear on this matter ^^

noun: periphrasis
  1. the use of indirect and circumlocutory speech or writing.
    • an indirect and circumlocutory phrase.
      plural noun: periphrases
    • Grammar
      the use of separate words to express a grammatical relationship that is otherwise expressed by inflection, e.g., did go as opposed to went and more intelligent as opposed to smarter.

It's not mine either - I'm Afrikaans. Actually, so far only Ryrin and James are English speaking. What's your native language, if you don't mind me asking?

As my existence located Turkey, my native language is Turkish. It doesnt feel like my own 'stedding' though but life goes on.  :loial:

Thank you very much for advise. It's really hard to choose between social groups and i don't want to be hasty about it, maybe after end of the series. :huh:

FYI, you can join as many social groups as you please.  You will not be able to see all of the boards and activities on most social groups until you are a member. I'm glad you are enjoying the books.

Welcome to DM!

I have a feeling you're going to fit in perfectly :smile:

That's really kind of you and thank you ^^ Sometime i would like to hear why you feel like that 

You seem to enjoy to play with languages, I know several here who enjoys the same. You also seem to have a flair from some theatrics, which also works perfectly. Once you work out where you want to belong you'll have a blast, and remember, you can join as many, or few, social groups as you wish. 

Welcome to DM!

I have a feeling you're going to fit in perfectly :smile:

That's really kind of you and thank you ^^ Sometime i would like to hear why you feel like that 

You seem to enjoy to play with languages, I know several here who enjoys the same. You also seem to have a flair from some theatrics, which also works perfectly. Once you work out where you want to belong you'll have a blast, and remember, you can join as many, or few, social groups as you wish. 

Thanks again for your kind words ^^ I rely time on my choice about social groups so when i find out, yeah i will be happier.

FYI, you can join as many social groups as you please.  You will not be able to see all of the boards and activities on most social groups until you are a member. I'm glad you are enjoying the books.

Oh i did not know that maybe i should think about it. I believe activities can be really fun to attend. :tongue: