DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Hayl3y

Who comes before us as a candidate for Accepted? (Dar'Jen)

The Novice Dar'Jen ab Owain has completed her requirements to be Raised to Accepted and may post her Arches when ready.

Please hold the congratsing until the Arches have been posted

Declaration of Self

Even in childhood, I was fascinated by history, especially genealogy, and recall sitting and listening to stories of my family from generations before. Somehow, this transitioned into a deep passion for fantasy, initially from reading Tolkien. Perhaps it was the epic scope of fantasy, and yet finding a way to incorporate the “common man” into roles of importance, that drew me in. My first attempt at Wheel of Time was in high school, and I made it into Book Three before life got hectic and I set it aside, for a long while. I had a child, got married, tried to establish a home out of state and was unsuccessful, and returned to where I had been raised. My husband informed me he no longer wanted to be married and was able to move on, while I was at a loss, and continue to try to cope with this. My son and I moved in with my parents in their apartment and I worked at a temporary assignment. I kept myself busy with my son, helping my ill mother, and work, but I needed more to keep my mind occupied. I picked up reading again, something I had not been able to do in a while. I picked up Book One of Wheel of Time and was immediately drawn into the world. Amazed at how I had not resumed it before. Maybe it is that I am in a different place in my life and it spoke to me differently, but I continued to read. I wanted to know more about this world and so searched for information, and came across Dragonmount. It was the opportunity I needed to try to work my way out of my shell and do something for myself.

Declaration of Commitment

As I need to stay busy, I was happy to find there were various social groups on the site. I was immediately drawn to The White Tower, as the prospect of learning more about the Aes Sedai and the Warders was intriguing. I found that I could join, and did so. My initial training was conducted by LilyElizabeth, who was a wonderful teacher. I transitioned to Novice under the mentorship of blank, and she was most helpful in my continuing journey of growth and exploration. Both have provided encouragement and guidance. My first event was the Cuen’deren Game Show Week which gave me the opportunity to learn more about WoT. I participated in the Blue’s Harry Potter Week, and even though I am not the biggest HP fan, it was a wonderful opportunity to meet folks and learn about that fandom. I participated in discussion with the Whites and contributed to the Women in History thread with the Reds. And then I assisted with the Brown’s History Week. And as history is close to my heart, I had a fantastic time assisting others in learning more about the Middle Ages and the Renaissance. The Field Trips were a wonderful way to initially meet the various Ajahs and Disciplines, and while I had seriously contemplated becoming a Warder, I felt that I was drawn to the Aes Sedai path. I am eager to find a home that fits me, but in which I will be able to best serve others.

Declaration of Intent

While I look forward to becoming a full Sister within an Ajah, I am determined to explore all options to ensure that where I choose is the best place for me. I want a home in which I will be an active participant and will be appreciated for my efforts. I need to know that others will have a need of me within their Ajah. My exploration will continue. My personal goal is to help in promoting activity throughout The White Tower. I am looking forward to the upcoming Green Nature Week. Following that there is a Yellow Ajah Event in September and the Grey Ajah Thanksgiving Event in November which I am eager to assist with, if they will have me. I still need to participate with activities with the Me’Areath and Ren’Shai and am optimistic that these will help promote activity within their ranks as well. When I am someday raised to full Aes Sedai, I hope to continue to mingle with and assist with the Warders, if they will allow me to, as well as promote activity within my own Ajah, and The White Tower in general. I am ready to serve, and look forward to the opportunities to come.

I love your arches, Dar'Jen!

Congratulations on getting this far so soon, and I'm looking forward to much hanging out in the future!

Love your arches!

Proud of you my lovely mentee!

I'll come back with gifts later when I'm not on my phone, so happy!

What lovely Arches! Thank you for sharing your story with us, DJ *hugs*

Uhm yes ... *clears throat*

“You are washed clean of all ties that bind you to the world. You come to us washed clean, in heart and soul. You are Dar'Jen Ab Owain, Accepted of the White Tower. You are sealed to us now.”

May this ring always remind you that being an Aes Sedai means being the Servant of All: 

sml_gallery_2923_427_6418.jpg

“Welcome, Daughter."

Thank you all. It is a pleasure and a great privilege to be here with you all.

(Bows deeply and accepts the ring before slipping it on.) Thank you, Mother. It means so much. Always ready to serve.

*Someday I really will get the ring. It is beautiful and it is special, especially now.*

Awww....lovely arches Dar'Jen! Congratulations!

I'm so excited for you and us!!! Congrats. You have such lovely Arches.

These are awesome arches Dar'Jen *hugs*

Congratulations again !

Also, this:

32172998-288-k100937.jpg

(Sorry for the bad quality of the pic!)

Those were great arches, Dar'Jen! I got my son interested in fantasy when he was young, and then when my dad died in 2006, my son gave me his copy of The Eye of the World to distract me in my grief, and I found it to be a great help. Like you, I got pulled into the world Jordan created, and like you, I had questions and wanted to know more, so I looked around on the Internet, and like you, I came here and joined the White Tower. I'm glad you found us; you have already enriched the site in the few months you have been here, and I'm sure you will be a great boon to whichever Ajah you choose. :smile:

Thank you everyone.

The image is wonderful, Mother. Very fitting for our time together in the game. Though I certainly still have a lot to learn.

Ben, you made me blush. Thank you for the compliment. I just try to do my best, and help out wherever I can.

You are all an incredible group of people and am proud to be among you.

I love your arches, DJ. I am so proud of how far you have come. You were a joy to teach and I continue to find joy in our friendship. 

Thank you.

This is a big week in real life, as my son starts 8th grade tomorrow, and is the beginning of him and I getting up around 4:45/5:00 to get ready and over to bus stop in time. My son, who is taller than me us certainly not a little boy anymore, and I'm trying to give him more freedom.

So while he is starting school, I am continuing my training here.

Congrats Dar'Jen!!! Very nice arches!

hooray a new Accepted! Congratulations!

ps we will totally have you for Thanksgiving. pm me at rhe beginning of Novemeber if you don't see anything before then ;)