DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Game thread]: WoT Kids Mafia

Niniel

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not on board on a SK lynch. And I don't like that Lessa is voting DJ and nudging that train.

I think Lessa is the way to go.

I could probably go that way myself. What's your reason for Lessa again? Difference in play style from her last game wasn't it?

How do you feel about Ben Nyn?

I dunno. Last game he totally fooled me. I feel like he's engaged and trying but he was also engaged last game and posted quite a bit. So i feel like he takes an active part of the game regardless of alignment. But I admit I do find it odd that he's pushing a SK lynch here considering he was privy to his inner working last game as scum and like.... he's not even questioning it from that angle.

Im not on board on a SK lynch. And I don't like that Lessa is voting DJ and nudging that train.

I think Lessa is the way to go.

I could probably go that way myself. What's your reason for Lessa again? Difference in play style from her last game wasn't it?

That and she's done nothing. She superficially touched the main events of the game.... ie my exchanges with DJ and you/SK claim thing. That's it. She hasn't talked about all the other players at all. She voted SK initially to "get him to talk". He talked and she didn't really delve into what he said. Then she ended up voting DJ saying she found her scummiest when previously her stance on her was that her exchanges with me were null (ie she said that it could be said either by scum or town). She's floating.

Why, if he is not Sammael, would he cc if he is town?

To see who hops on and gives him support. Then he could see who hops on the wagon, and then use that info to try and narrow down suspects. Since there was no support, I'm tempted to think scum didn't fall for the ruse.

I could be off base here by a mile though. For now I'm thinking SK to be town.

I don't think I agree with this.  To do this accurately, he would have to know if the other Sammael (you) was town or scum.  Otherwise he'd get no info.

I would switch him with infinti except I haven't liked what infiniti has said. Or maybe lessa except I don't fully understand what lessa is saying. So... Who would've thought that doing nothing is good for your health. Effort does not indicate alignment. So like ironeyes I will wait. Unless you think ironeyes is evil. Do you know something I don't?

First, I probably should have also quoted the first thing you asked me, but I forgot to. You asked me if I agree with Rand that town has no benefit in claiming, and therefore the person making the claim has nefaroius intentions. I would say to this that as far as I can see, there is no benefit for either side to make a claim, and I've tried getting an explanation once or twice on this, but no one has adequately addressed for me why he would claim and/or why you would CC. With my limited understanding of the game, no, it doesn't benefit the town to make the claim, but that doesn't necessarily mean his reasons are nefarious. He could have done it just to be chaotic and see what would happen, or he might have hoped it would produce a particular reaction from players of both alignments that would help him discern it. It reminds me of my first game when Leyrann threw out a vote near the beginning of the game, then unvoted 30 minutes later before anyone had even commented on it, and said that he learned what he wanted to. Then he kept refusing to explain and looked pretty scummy for a little while, but in the end, it made sense, although in a convoluted way that really mostly made sense to Leyrann, but i understood where he was coming from, and this might be the same type of thing here. The thing is, I don't see any benefit to town or scum by making a character claim, and I don't see any to the CC either, especially if LZM ends up dying before you and actually flips as Sammael: VT. That almost automatically would put you on the lead wagon, so unless this is some sort of mad scientist style brilliant move, I assume that you are actually Sammael, and LZM is lying because...I don't know. It's just a stupid thing to say, much less to open up with. It seems more scummy than town, but it seems more stupid than scummy. :unsure:

Lessa and Infiniti are similar right now, as is DJ after she quieted down yesterday. Marsh has only checked in once, and then he hasn't been back, so I think he's on a different level than them, in that there is nothing to go on at all, which I suppose in itself could be construed as something. If he pops in at the last minute and hammers a townie, then that would certainly say something, but for now, I don't think anyone could really get a read on Marsh.

BTW - PR = post restriction. 

Go ahead. See if I care. I'll just carry on my own forum conversation in Notepad. The voices will read my posts and reply to me, oh yes they will..

Dunno I'm more interested in the actual claim. If LZM claims a random character he can hit a character of a townie or scum. So the the cc is null. Town would cc and a smart scum would too. Ie... i dont think the cc is a lie. Just that the root of it is... why would lzm claim a character that isn't his?

Because that is my character.

My claim was my way of getting into the game with a splash. I figured a bit of reaction would get the ball rolling, however the direct CC has me wondering what SK's game is. I'm not gonna jump to him being scum yet, because I've noticed once I do my mind stays on that person until their slot is resolved.

Also, football discussions don't belong here. It's a nice way to keep everyone trudging through your WoT's and not seeing much. (Looking at you Rand) lol.

So, I think that's all I got on my brain at this point.

C'ya at lunch

Your "splash" was more of a "plop." The ball was already rolling; there is a lot of content from the ones who have been active these past ten pages or so, thus I really see no point in making your claim. The only good that has come of it is that even stranger still, someone has countered it.

This is a social game, for fun, friendship, and conversation as well as deceit, teamwork, detective work and psychological analysis. I'm sorry if your team isn't as good as the Broncos, but most teams aren't, so you have plenty of company. We have kept all of the football talk in separate paragraphs from the game solving content, so feel free to skip ahead to the next paragraph whenever you see a reminder of your favorite team's inferiority.

You read enough of this thread to see that Rand and I are having a football discussion alongside our game talk, but you missed all of the game solving that has already gone on and therefore decided to make a weird post in order to "get the ball rolling," and you have nothing to say at all about anything that has gone on in the game so far beyond football talk and SK's equally-bizarre counterclaim? :unsure:

Why is voting on LZM listed twice above, instead of as (2)?

And why does Lessa think I'm "scummy"? Because of yesterday morning's conversation?

Oh well. Think I'm scummy all you want, but I promise you that I am very clean and am town. But the thing about this game is every statement can be scrutinized and dissected.

If I vote Lessa, it would be viewed, likely as retaliation, and honestly, I don't have a good feel on her.

Not sure about Nyn, but I get that she is experienced and talented at the game.

I believe that LZM did do a reveal for the sake of conversation, so trying to determine how I want to take that.

This is exactly the type of post you had in the last game when you were scum. Lots of "everything could mean anything," and then you would pop back in later with a vote. So here's where I lean for now (and thank you  first of all for wishing me a nice day at work yesterday--I missed it until I skimmed through the thread again this morning, and I'm doing great today so far, and i hope you are too, and I hope that headache has gone away):

DJ: Started out asking for pointers on her game after Nyn's random vote on her at the start. Sounded like a newbie wolf asking how not to howl in front of the villagers. It could have been town asking how not to get mislynched, but the reaction overall to my mild pushes on her and Nyn's gentler questioning seemed more distressing to her than if she really had nothing to hide and was a townie hoping to appear more town instead of a wolf hoping to appear less wolf. Then all of a sudden, after a lot of activity, she disappears and out of nowhere, SK comes in and starts pushing me to the exclusion of everything else. It felt like a tap out in the mafia QT from the rookie to the vet, who came in and unsuccessfully tried to flip the scum narrative onto me before moving on to LZM, but now she is back after her breather and is posting reads that don't really read anything, like maybe, "I'm not sure who's scum. I'm just waiting for some townies to start a mislynch, and then I'll know that their mislynch is scum when I cast my vote on them." I have a moderate scum read on DJ right now, although part of that is contingent upon SK being scum, too. Otherwise, the read is light, because I have had the same struggles (See: Ben vs SK, this game) as a newbie townie to not be seen as a wolf, so I understand how a townie could ask those same questions, and work and life and kids happen to make activity fluctuate. 

SK: Pops in and starts pushing me over a tongue-in-cheek comment designed to keep light pressure on DJ because it was generating content from both DJ and Nyn, and that was what I needed, since they were the only other ones playing at the moment, and that was fine (pushing me for it), except that he was laser-focused on it and didn't seem to acknowledge anything else that I said, hammering at me until my focus was entirely off of DJ before suddenly letting up and switching to LZM after his bizarre claim entrance to the game. He gave what I thought was a goofy reason (seeing if I would OMGUS vote him or not) for his push on me, but it was at least as reasonable as Leyrann's reason for the vote/unvote in the previous game I mentioned, and Leyrann was town, so I can see some plausibility here, although it seems to follow a logic of "town will always do this, and scum will always do that, so if I do this, they will give a tell," when realistically, people seem to do all kinds of weird or stupid stuff in this game, like the claim/counterclaim we have now, which takes me to the counterclaim. I do not understand it. SK seems to be playing from a position of chaos, which is opposite to how he played last game as scum, so that could mean that he is town this time, or that he is scum and trying to change his limited meta, but because DJ was already pinging me, and it felt to me like he was rescuing her without having to defend her (an awesome way for scum to rescue each other, because they keep their distance without having to distance themselves), and because the CC is bizarre, and because he went from tunneling on me with a hard vote ("Gentled Ben for death") to "Haha Just messing with you to see if you'd vote for me, but the real scum is LZM," and switching his vote while still leaving me at the top of his scum read list gives me a hard scum read on SK, so here's your vote at the bottom of the post.

Marsh: Has only checked in

Lessa: Similar to DJ with some "everything could mean anything" analysis and a vote on SK to provoke a response from him. After his response, she switched her vote to DJ for one of the reasons that DJ pinged me. I would say town, but just like my vote for SK could actually be an OMGUS, I might lean town on Lessa because she pushed SK on points that were relevant to me and then confirmed one of my pings on DJ. Still, with limited posts, she is poking at the same two people that are pinging me the most, so I will say light town read here.

LZM: This is just bizarre. In the other games I played with him, he asked a lot of questions. He didn't ask anything this time outside of what we thought of his claim. I think I don't understand it, and I think that he was town every time I played with him before (three games total now, I think), and this is not how I remember him playing, so moderate scum read.

Rand: This is exactly how Rand played last time, and he was town then. This is also how I would expect town to play, asking questions, being flexible, looking for both town and scum, giving reads, and voting to back them up. I don't know if he plays scum like this too though, and it is similar to how SK played last round as scum, but there are never any guarantees that someone is one alignment or the other, so I will go with hard town read for now.

Nyn: Is not at all playing the way she played in the last two games (the only games I've played with her), when she was town both times. However, this is exactly how she has been trying to teach me to play (she mentored me two games ago and had a long teaching conversation with me a few days ago on Facebook), by being observant and asking pointed questions. A couple of people, when told that Nyn was mentoring me, complimented her game, and I didn't hear qualifiers like, "She sucks at playing scum, but she's good as town," whereas I have heard that type of qualifier with other players. That does not mean that she is good at playing scum, but if her scum game was as opposite her town game as her play this game has been from the last two games, they surely would have mentioned it. Instead, there were some remarks, like "Nyn seems pretty agitated this game," which makes me think those games were  an aberration, so moderate town read here for now.

Infiniti: Only has one post after the check in, and it's light scum on most people without detailed reasoning beyond "seems squinty" or "ehhh." Implied she'd be back after putting together a case against me. :dry: Light scum read.

Ben: Town AF. Asks good questions, is flexible in his reads, looks for both town with whom to form a core and scum to lynch while juggling an entertaining football discussion and fending off brutal scum attacks at work without his boss catching him on his phone one time all day.

[unvote] [v]SK[/v]

I have to go to work, so I dont' have time to post trim, but yes, I noticed it. How could I not? See the bolded text...

To see who hops on and gives him support. Then he could see who hops on the wagon, and then use that info to try and narrow down suspects. Since there was no support, I'm tempted to think scum didn't fall for the ruse.

I don't think I agree with this. To do this accurately, he would have to know if the other Sammael (you) was town or scum. Otherwise he'd get no info.

Do you ever gamble Rand?

Do me a favor and ISO her. And if you have more time, ISO her in the WT game.

Your case is solid, and I think you're right. DJ has also reacted to my vote in what looks to me like a towny way.

[unvote]

[v]Lessa [/v]

Of course now all I've done is change who is tied with whom.

I don't think I agree with this.  To do this accurately, he would have to know if the other Sammael (you) was town or scum.  Otherwise he'd get no info.

Could be easily to see how he reacts to it as well. And it could serve later on too with flips in hand. Like I said, it's not something i would ever consider doing myself, but some players do like playing on the edge and doing weird stuff to generate reads.

• RP - LEGACY

Dang it. SK was one I had the most possible scum read on from earlier, but then scimmed more threads. You make a valid argument against Lessa and I'm willing to support. Hope it makes a difference.

Hope I do this right. Stupid formatting and on phone at work.

[unvote] [v]Lessa[/v]

Dang it. SK was one I had the most possible scum read on from earlier, but then scimmed more threads. You make a valid argument against Lessa and I'm willing to support. Hope it makes a difference.

[unvote] [v]Lessa[/v]

What threads did you skim?

Oops! Ninjad. 

Vote count

Dar´Jen (1) - Lessa

Shitsure (2) - Ben, Rand

Lessa (4) - Nyn, Marsh, LZM, Dar`Jen

Not voting - everyone else 

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch. 

Dl is Friday 9 PM CET. 

Count down

[unvote] [v]Lessa[/v]

Vote count

Dar´Jen (1) - Lessa

Shitsure (3) - Ben, Rand, Dar`Jen

Lessa (3) - Nyn, Marsh, LZM

Not voting - everyone else 

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch. 

Dl is Friday 9 PM CET. 

Count down