DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Game thread]: WoT Kids Mafia

Niniel

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do like your reads list though. Very thorough. I have not been able to come to an agreement with myself on a few things, so my reads list is incomplete.

Trying to be more thorough. My latest attempts at scum hunting have yeilded disastrous results, so I'm trying to visually see the connections instead of using my normal tunnely approach.

Which is why I'm haven't come to a decision on SK. I can see a reason to CC as town. I can't really see one as scum. Yet I am Sammael. So the quandary continues in my brain.

That's the most pressing matter to me ATM. Deciding which way to proceed with that info.

• RP - LEGACY

Ben, that is a good question. But I've learned that some things people intend their actions to mean are not always how they are perceived. I'm not sure I understand the initial reveal other than to promote conversation, but then was the CC just to cause additional confusion?

I will try to contemplate this further. I may decide that it is not worthy of any further thought, especially if someone else comes in and says or does something that makes me see scum in a blaring way.

But I have got to get ready for bed. I'll check back in the morning, and see if anything has changed.

Going through the thread, on mobile rn so just responding to individual posts on the go~

@infiniti Do you think town should lie? Just unfettered curiousity.

Usually town shouldn't lie because it would hurt town imo, except possibly to decieve scum (ie. Softing PGO as cop to avoid the kill etc). Regarding the character ccs, I... eeeee??? I don't see any motivation as town to fakeclaim, but I... don't really see motivation as scum to do it either? Town lying about their role name, especially in games like this where we are all vanilla (hence not PR needing to avoid maf kill), would hurt town and cause confusion, while scum doing it would attract attention, and since scum numbers are considerably low and having one of their members down would be a huge blow to them...?

Forgot who asked this, but yes, squinty = sus.

Will be looking into Ben's posts possibly after I catch up on the thread.

I asked haha, and solid.  And yeah, like people are saying, there's no reason for town to lie and fake the cc, and I think SK just messed up and tried to undo it, simple as that.  I don't know why, but I literally see 0 reason as town to CC someone who you're not in an all vanilla game.  As mafia, maybe you could say you thought they were lying after you get your counter lynched, or you want them to look bad or something, and although its not a good reason, at least theres some reason.

Vote count

Dar´Jen (2) - Nyn, Lessa

Shitsure (2) - Ben, Rand

Not voting - everyone else 

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch. 

Dl is Friday 9 PM CET. 

Count down

NOTE: I´m at a birthday party this evening so I might not be here for dl but the dl stands anyway. I´ll get back as soon as I can with a coroners report. 

Ironeyes--hope all goes well for you and your grandma aaaa~

Nyn--gotcha. I'm technically grounded from the internet, but I'll try my best to slip in some time and get more posts in.

I'm a bit iffy about SK's claim retract. On one hand, they could be town trying to reaction test (has SK reaction-tested in previous games?), which is a good way to get the discussion rolling, but on the other hand, there was already discussion going on at that time, so I don't know???

SK, if this was a reaction test, what have you gotten out of the reaction test, and what are your views on everyone so far?

• RP - LEGACY

Infiniti, be careful not to get yourself into trouble.

As to the game right now, since there wasn't much activity over night, I will consider what information there is currently and attempt to determine who I am most suspicious of as being scum.

Work us being a pain today, so I'll be posting as I can, though much in-depth conversation my have to wait until this evening.

Why, if he is not Sammael, would he cc if he is town?

To see who hops on and gives him support. Then he could see who hops on the wagon, and then use that info to try and narrow down suspects. Since there was no support, I'm tempted to think scum didn't fall for the ruse.

I could be off base here by a mile though. For now I'm thinking SK to be town.

To see who hops on and gives him support. Then he could see who hops on the wagon, and then use that info to try and narrow down suspects. Since there was no support, I'm tempted to think scum didn't fall for the ruse.

I guess I am just too new to grasp that nuance to the game. I don't see what benefit either alignment would get from either supporting or opposing him. The entire thing, from your claim to his counterclaim to all the discussion afterwards makes no sense to me. In this regard, DJ is the only one I understand, because like me, she does not understand. 

I will be traveling to work at DL. I leave in a little over 2 hours. I have already voted and explained my reasoning though, so I am not leaving you guys in the lurch.

She's very clearly struggling to find stuff to comment on. She commented on DJ's exchange with me and the SK/LZM character claim situation. That is pretty much it. She hasn't really talked much about anything else. No original thought. At first she weighed in irt DJ as could be scum or town via her responses to me. ie seemed like she didn't lean one way or the other. Voted SK to get his thoughts... he gave his thoughts and then she didn't really say anything about his response... then she says she DJ is pinging her the most and votes her when it seems like that's the way the wind is going to blow today. I get the impression the solve is the last thing on her mind.

Infiniti doesn't feel engaged either but I'm giving her a bit more leeway cause it seems like there's a RL reason she's not as active as I'd like her to be. She's not getting some game long pass or anything but for today I'm gonna cut her some slack.

I tend to agree. As scum I don't see the angle of this. Lets assume his CC leads to your lynch. Then you flip the character he CCed.... and then what? He is toast. I feel like he plays similar to Yates who used to pull a lot of crap and do very purposeful claims. It's risky play that isn't really my style and I wouldn't do, but I learned to respect it and take it into consideration when reading Yates. Also compared to the last game I played with SK where he was very mild and neutral ... I tend to believe this is his town game. Granted I'd need to see him in a butt load of games to make the distinction.... but I would be genuinely surprised if he was scum this game considering he's been playing wildly different and putting himself on the stage, front and center.

i understand how it could be bad to have LZM get lynched and then flip as Sammael, but I don't understand how it could be good any other way unless LZM flips both scum and some other character, in which case it makes LZM look stupid for making the claim and SK look honestly for most likely being Sammael and most likely town, because why help kill your scum mate on D1 after his second post of the game? Which goes back to why would LZM make the original claim? :mellow:

i understand how it could be bad to have LZM get lynched and then flip as Sammael, but I don't understand how it could be good any other way unless LZM flips both scum and some other character, in which case it makes LZM look stupid for making the claim and SK look honestly for most likely being Sammael and most likely town, because why help kill your scum mate on D1 after his second post of the game? Which goes back to why would LZM make the original claim? :mellow:

First of all, SK never retracts his CC if Sammael is his character.

Secondly, maybe he was testing LZM or trying to see who would jump at it or just how people react. i can't speak for SK or his motives cause i have no idea what was the point and would really love it if he clarified. But it just seems silly for scum to do something like this. All it's gonna get him is bad attention. And I don't think scum would be that suicidal on D1.