DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Game thread]: WoT Kids Mafia

Niniel

I... haven't read WoT yet (but plan to do it soon~), so I aaaa... rip. Don't know if I like my character?

But hey guys, I guess I'm here~

Just a heads-up, I'm not going to be on a lot today because it's the 23rd over here, and it's my borthday :D

Looking forward to play with you all though! I'm not very experienced at mafia, especially with scumhunting, so hopefully this will be a great learning experience~

Happy belated birthday!

It has been completely unproductive. I should have cleaned up the house and taken some things to storage, but instead, I read about the Denver Broncos on a sports blog, then I corrected a bunch of posters on said blog because their wrong views conflicted with mine, and then I watched a movie, and now, I am in another browser tab trying to get as many coins as I can in Castle Age because it's triple coin day, but it's no use because the other guild has tiny players who probably shouldn't have been matched up with us, so the least the other WoT kiddies could do is come post here so that I can lynch all the bad ones. At least you're here. :smile:

Ooh, I'm interested, what wrong thing did they say?

I thought we were waiting for everyone to confirm.

Yeah, I think we're just waiting for Rand. He's slow to check in. He's the draggin' reborn, I suppose. :tongue:

:/ Sorry guys haha, I'll be more active from here on.  And lmao, pun game on point, I am indeed the draggin' reborn  :laugh:

A vote for me already? Really?

So what did I do this time? Willing to critique me and point out my wolfish behaviour, or do I not exhibit any, and this is an attempt to eliminate a possible town because you are mafia?

I already have a headache this morning and thinking about mafia does not help. But hey, it's fun.

This is the kind of reaction that I'd expect from scum word for word.  Overreaction to joke vote, and overprotective of any signs they may have shown.  But reading your later posts kind of makes me think of what I used to think when I was new to the game too, and how open you're being about this is making me feel better.  Imma keep my eyes on you, but nothing strong.

I didn't realize that everything was completely random in mafia, so in my first game, I assumed that I had been withheld from consideration as scum. I mean, why take a brand new player and make them scum? It seemed intuitively obvious that playing scum added an extra layer of stress to the game because you have to lie the whole time, and for a new player who is trying to figure it out, it seemed absurd to lay that additional condition on them, and so I stated that I was town and couldn't be mafia because it was my very first game, as it seemed obvious to me that the mod wouldn't make me a wolf right away, and they all piled on me for it and started accusing me of being a wolf, and being disingenuous, and all but insulting their intelligence for saying such a stupid thing, and I was really freaked out by it, because that seemed like the least-wolfy thing that I could have possibly said, so I understand. 

But I still think you're a wolf. :tongue:

Didn't like this reaction one bit, I feel like its a more experienced player jumping on a mistake a newer one made.  I like the fact that you later said that you were just joking, but idk if that's just you backing away from something you realized wasn't going to work out.

Wow, you post fast. I forget sometimes that you are a master (or mistress) of spam.

You have no idea. I used to dominate the spam wars in shayol ghul back in the day..... no power in the verse can stop me!

I was alright in my hey day, but yeah, not better than you :P

Don't beat yourself up.

I like to get someone else to do that.

:wink:

:cool:

I'm still pretty new, too. This is only my fourth game, and while her initial response pinged me like it did you, I can see how it could come from either a town or a scum perspective, and I'm willing to hold off until I have more information. I'm not sure that I need to or should explain everything I think or do, but since I'm pinging two people. I will. I kept the pressure on her because she was responding to it, and that will help me read her. I left my vote on LZM because it's a random joke vote to get things started. The second vote is more serious, and I'd like to feel more certain about whoever I cast it on than I do about DJ right now.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Gentled ben a null read? I didnt see any null read from you. Where is it?

Here

Complete honesty can be twisted in this game.

Still beginning of this game, and I will shake my head with the awe of how much can be read into a single post.

(Offers a mischievous grin.) And I'm sure everyone will read something into that as well.

As I said, I could say I am not a wolf, but it seems early in the game to lay claim, and you will obviously read something into it.

Perhaps mafia is not the best game for someone you prefer to say what they mean mean what they say, and keep things sweet and simple.

Mafia is like an onion with so many layers. And like the onion, there are times I want to cry.

Yeah, the game really intrigues me.

why?

I don't necessarily. That's why I posted the tongue emoji with it. It's still too early to get a reasonable read on anyone, but her asking questions about why you voted for her and how she can do better is exactly what a newbie wolf would be thinking, so I am not ruling her out as scum, but since it is also what a new townie would be thinking, I am not ruling her out as town.I do like that your vote and my comments are generating a lot of activity and reaction, though. I have more to go on from her and from you than I do from anyone else so far, so hurray for progress.

I didn't say it was good, I said I see your logic. You plainly stated why you voted for me, and my reading comprehension is such that I was able to understand. I think you are either only seeing part of what I'm saying, or you are pressing me either because you want to see my reaction (fair enough), or because you and DJ are both scum, and you're trying to rescue her (time will tell), or you are blind and are tunneling. Since you seemed really observant and capable at the game, I'm going to go with option 1.

SK is there more to it than him not voting DJ? You just came out of a game where you were Ben's scummate... are you seeing some similarities or just a hunch?

Him not voting Dj, it is a hunch, and I didn't like the emoji. Felt like fake news. Scum ben didn't vote day 1 for who he thought was scum. Ben this game made an rvs vote, but didnt vote for his scum read ahem non scum scum read. It gets convoluted when you follow the logic. :This person is kinda scum I think you are scum lol jk bro it's not catch scum o clock yet:

#lolwhat? #deservesavote #hashtag

I... haven't read WoT yet (but plan to do it soon~), so I aaaa... rip. Don't know if I like my character?

Just a heads-up, I'm not going to be on a lot today because it's the 23rd over here, and it's my borthday :D

Looking forward to play with you all though! I'm not very experienced at mafia, especially with scumhunting, so hopefully this will be a great learning experience~

Happy belated birthday!

It has been completely unproductive. I should have cleaned up the house and taken some things to storage, but instead, I read about the Denver Broncos on a sports blog, then I corrected a bunch of posters on said blog because their wrong views conflicted with mine, and then I watched a movie, and now, I am in another browser tab trying to get as many coins as I can in Castle Age because it's triple coin day, but it's no use because the other guild has tiny players who probably shouldn't have been matched up with us, so the least the other WoT kiddies could do is come post here so that I can lynch all the bad ones. At least you're here. :smile:

I missed responding to this. They were saying that we should waste this epic defense letting Paxton Lynch play and get experience despite the fact that he shows no improvement from last year in a trading camp that was decidedly tilted in a way so as to give him every possible opportunity to take the job from Trevor Siemian instead of winning as many games as possible, perhaps even another Siper Bowl, with the kid who is playing much better while we still have this amazing defense intact.

Why? Are you a Bronco fan?

I didn't realize that everything was completely random in mafia, so in my first game, I assumed that I had been withheld from consideration as scum. I mean, why take a brand new player and make them scum? It seemed intuitively obvious that playing scum added an extra layer of stress to the game because you have to lie the whole time, and for a new player who is trying to figure it out, it seemed absurd to lay that additional condition on them, and so I stated that I was town and couldn't be mafia because it was my very first game, as it seemed obvious to me that the mod wouldn't make me a wolf right away, and they all piled on me for it and started accusing me of being a wolf, and being disingenuous, and all but insulting their intelligence for saying such a stupid thing, and I was really freaked out by it, because that seemed like the least-wolfy thing that I could have possibly said, so I understand. 

Didn't like this reaction one bit, I feel like its a more experienced player jumping on a mistake a newer one made.  I like the fact that you later said that you were just joking, but idk if that's just you backing away from something you realized wasn't going to work out.

I'm still pretty new, too. This is only my fourth game, and while her initial response pinged me like it did you, I can see how it could come from either a town or a scum perspective, and I'm willing to hold off until I have more information. I'm not sure that I need to or should explain everything I think or do, but since I'm pinging two people. I will. I kept the pressure on her because she was responding to it, and that will help me read her. I left my vote on LZM because it's a random joke vote to get things started. The second vote is more serious, and I'd like to feel more certain about whoever I cast it on than I do about DJ right now.

That's a fair point, I honestly forgot you were new too.  And yeah, I have a very light read on you right now, because I can see town doing exactly doing what you did without stretching my imagination too far, but its just the most I have.  You'll notice that my vote isn't even on you, that's how light of a read it is.  What is weirder to me is your reactions after this.  Idk how to put it in words, but you have this obvious frustration, which would come from town or mafia, but almost a forced attempt to keep it down and keep yourself not too overreactive to it.  It seems to me that you're genuinely very upset/scared about the FoSes/votes on you, but don't want to seem like it.

Happy belated birthday!

I missed responding to this. They were saying that we should waste this epic defense letting Paxton Lynch play and get experience despite the fact that he shows no improvement from last year in a trading camp that was decidedly tilted in a way so as to give him every possible opportunity to take the job from Trevor Siemian instead of winning as many games as possible, perhaps even another Siper Bowl, with the kid who is playing much better while we still have this amazing defense intact.

Nah haha, but I'm an NFL addict so I never miss a chance to talk football.  Also, completely agree, Paxton Lynch was a bad pick from Day 1 imo, Siemian has looked competent, and that's all they need on their offense if their defense, specifically their run defense, can get back on track.  They have a great duo of WRs and a RB corps brimming with potential from the younger CJ Anderson or the vet Jamaal Charles, even a QB like Siemian should be able to be decent with those weapons as long as their O-line plays around average.

Lol trying to change the subject ben? That was painful. Someone needs to put you out of my misery.

Honestly, this was painful, and I already have a FoS on Ben.  This seems so out of place and tunnel-y that like Ben, I see a few options for you.  Tunneling hard af as town in day 1 (which is never a smart move, and the least likely possibility for me), beating the grass hard, or you're mafia who sees a chance to push this "scummy personality" onto Ben.  The fact that this sounds so forced makes me really strongly believe that its one of the latter two, as the first one would require you actually sounding genuine.

That's a fair point, I honestly forgot you were new too.  And yeah, I have a very light read on you right now, because I can see town doing exactly doing what you did without stretching my imagination too far, but its just the most I have.  You'll notice that my vote isn't even on you, that's how light of a read it is.  What is weirder to me is your reactions after this.  Idk how to put it in words, but you have this obvious frustration, which would come from town or mafia, but almost a forced attempt to keep it down and keep yourself not too overreactive to it.  It seems to me that you're genuinely very upset/scared about the FoSes/votes on you, but don't want to seem like it. 

Happy belated birthday!

Nah haha, but I'm an NFL addict so I never miss a chance to talk football.  Also, completely agree, Paxton Lynch was a bad pick from Day 1 imo, Siemian has looked competent, and that's all they need on their offense if their defense, specifically their run defense, can get back on track.  They have a great duo of WRs and a RB corps brimming with potential from the younger CJ Anderson or the vet Jamaal Charles, even a QB like Siemian should be able to be decent with those weapons as long as their O-line plays around average. 

Lol trying to change the subject ben? That was painful. Someone needs to put you out of my misery.
 Honestly, this was painful, and I already have a FoS on Ben.  This seems so out of place and tunnel-y that like Ben, I see a few options for you.  Tunneling hard af as town in day 1 (which is never a smart move, and the least likely possibility for me), beating the grass hard, or you're mafia who sees a chance to push this "scummy personality" onto Ben.  The fact that this sounds so forced makes me really strongly believe that its one of the latter two, as the first one would require you actually sounding genuine.

No, I just got into it with Darthe in my second game and then said some things to him in a PM that I shouldn't have, and so since then, I have tried to be careful not to get into a back and forth, and Niniel had even warned us all in the rules that she would have a low tolerance for it, so I'm trying to just respond to his points and not his lol #hashtags. I feel like I have answered everything for him, and his vote seems to be entirely about a lol comment to DJ, so I'm moving forward.

I feel exactly the same about the Broncos. Those are good observations! I thought they should have taken a lineman, either a DEcto replace Malik or an O lineman to replace anyone, but they traded up for Lynch, and so far, I don't see much future for him.

Sounds forced in what way? Or are you saying Ben wasn't trying to change the subject? Talk to me dood.

I don't think he was trying to change the subject, I responded directly to him and asked him a question, and he answered it.

No, I just got into it with Darthe in my second game and then said some things to him in a PM that I shouldn't have, and so since then, I have tried to be careful not to get into a back and forth, and Niniel had even warned us all in the rules that she would have a low tolerance for it, so I'm trying to just respond to his points and not his lol #hashtags. I feel like I have answered everything for him, and his vote seems to be entirely about a lol comment to DJ, so I'm moving forward.

I feel exactly the same about the Broncos. Those are good observations! I thought they should have taken a lineman, either a DEcto replace Malik or an O lineman to replace anyone, but they traded up for Lynch, and so far, I don't see much future for him.

You gotta work on your quote game man hahaha :P

And ok that's fair, makes sense for now.

And thanks!! Yup, I agree there, I think that they got back on the right route this year by drafting Garrett Bolles.  And agreed, they need to shore up their interior, because only player I like there right now is Derek Wolfe.  Even their new NT, Domata Peko I don't feel too good about, so I wouldn't be surprised if their run defense woes continue onto this season.

I am here. For now.

Nothing I have read gives me an indication one way or another on anyone. So, that being said, I am Sammael.

Discuss

I hate WIFOM so much, so I'm going to mostly ignore this.  Niniel obviously said that there would be bad characters mixed into the good guys, and vice versa, or something along those lines, which essentially makes character reveals useless.  However, if I did have to analyze this, I don't see what you'd get to gain as town by randomly outing yourself as Sammael, whereas if you were mafia, you could definitely play the card (or hope people play it for you) that mafia would never do anything so scummy or to draw attention to them, and get some easy town leans in the beginning.  Based on that, I have a slight scum read on you, which is compounded on by the more important statement you put in here that nothing here gives you any indication one way or another on anyone.  I agree there are no major clues, but we've already had one clash between Ben and SK, one smaller more lighthearted clash between Ben and DJ, as well my FoS on SK and a light one on DJ.  That's plenty compared to what's usually present in the first 10 pages of a game, yet I don't recall you making this kind of comment in the last game we were in, which although it started quick as well, didn't have more content at this point than we do in this game, and you were town in that game.  Those two things combined, I have you as a definite scum read.

So so far, I guess I'm going scum reads over town reads this game, but I got LZM and SK as my two strongest scum reads (which isn't really saying much atm), followed by a weak read on Ben, and not much on anyone else, maybe a slight town read on DJ.