A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Game thread]: WoT Kids Mafia

Niniel

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RP - LEGACY

It was fun playing alongside you, and it had to be interesting to play as "yourself".

I am happy it us not. This is a busy week as my son starts back to school.

I promise to vote prior to deadline, rather than try to get back on by deadline.

SK may not like that I did not vote. I explained what happened. It is the truth and I made apologies for it. I will try to be better away of time inthe future, and thus will probably vote early to avoid a no vote. But SK did not vote either. So please do not use not voting as an indicator of scum, unless you want to point the finger at yourself.

I am town. Believe me or not. Your choice. But with Nyn and Random gone, be careful. Unless you are scum and want to eliminate me to add to the town deaths.

Sorry that I´m late. I have a headach and I need to go and lay down. So the write up will have to wait until tomorrow. Sorry.

Sooh is dead. She was town.

With 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch.

DL is Thursday 9 PM CET. 

Off the hip reads... DJ, LZM, Ben, Marsh prolly town. Deepwolf option prolly ben. Though i think he might be clean this game.

Lynch of the remaining. Out of them i think sk is less likely to be scum but you never know.

How ironic that the entirety of the remaining player list is people Nyn mentioned just before getting shot. 

NVM, I'll do something a little more focused than just rereading. To start with, quoting the final vote counts for the two previous days. Dead players noted by alignment. 

Final vote count

Dar´Jen (1) - Lessa

Shitsure (1) - Ben

Lessa (5) - Nyn, Marsh, LZM, Dar`Jen, Rand

Not voting - Shitsure, Infiniti

Vote count

Rand (3) - LZM, Marsh, Sooh

Shitsure (2) - Rand, Ben

Not voting: Dar`Jen,  Shitsure

Or maybe I'll start with ISOing Lessa. I'm terrible at doing what I planned to do, aren't I? 

Here's a series of posts that caught my attention. I'll break it down later. 

ATM I think a lot of posts up to this point could be either town or scum trying to under/over play their responses to the situation. DJ's response to Nyn's random vote on her being overly critical, or over- analyzing as DJ puts it, and then her later responses to questioning could be town/scum.

SK going after Ben pretty hard for what he called a joke vote seems scummy to me. You called out one player when another had done something quite similar.

So Ben.... lets get serious here... it can't be all just fun and games....

You scum broseph? Cause you ain't fooling me again :P

I know you said it was a hunch, which is anything anyone has to go on D1, but was there anything else that made you feel that way? Or are you trying to get discussion going?

I have to agree with RandA about your claim LZM. I don't see what you'd gain from claiming as town but if you're scum, trying to get some town leans for "that's not something scum would do" would be beneficial. 

As I'm curious as to your thoughts [v]Vote SK[/v]

I know you said it was a hunch, which is anything anyone has to go on D1, but was there anything else that made you feel that way? Or are you trying to get discussion going?

I have to agree with RandA about your claim LZM. I don't see what you'd gain from claiming as town but if you're scum, trying to get some town leans for "that's not something scum would do" would be beneficial. 

Is that a question for me? I am not entirely sure about it being for me.

Yes, it was meant as a question to you, I apologize that it wasn't clear. It's why I voted you, to get you to answer.

Yes I voted for ben based on a justifiable hunch that I intentionally pushed hard. I wanted to see if someone would call me out or ask why not DJ as well. Or why isn't DJ just as guilty as ben. The hard push on people when the game starts It causes a loss of motivation as town when someone tunnels on you, scum would blow up or fake blow up in my opinion. Town might blow up more often town would just vote me back. Which is what I was waiting for from Ben, but scummier fish to fry. There was nothing else that made me feel that way. And discussion would happen either way I am not responsible for what others posts, but if I am indirectly involved I am more than happy to move things along. And I have not forgotten about Dj's what could be considered entry faux pas into the game. Randal seems almost to happy to move things along. Nyn and ben trying to be game solvey really looks good for them.

But let's put things in perspective. You haven't proffered any reads. Just a vote. Several things have happened and you have remained neutral. Like a rock. Someone in thread said a lot more significant posts have been made than in 10 pages. So...onto your post

ATM I think a lot of posts up to this point could be either town or scum trying to under/over play their responses to the situation. DJ's response to Nyn's random vote on her being overly critical, or over- analyzing as DJ puts it, and then her later responses to questioning could be town/scum.

SK going after Ben pretty hard for what he called a joke vote seems scummy to me. You called out one player when another had done something quite similar.

It is hard to follow the intent in this post. Your rudimentary analysis of the situation isn't done here. You have listed 'possibilities', but have not given your reasoning on why which theory is most likely.

To be completely honest I am not sure to who you are talking to in your posts. I can't actually read your mind, so can we go through it step by step.

1. Which posts can be town or scum alternatively who can be town or scum based on their posts i.e. Whomst are you referring to at the beginning.

I was initially referring to DJ/Nyn interaction and your interaction with Ben. Your interaction with Ben could be seen as 1 of 3 ways: 1) 2 townies thinking the other is scum, 2) 2 scum trying to distance themselves from each other, or 3) a scum going after a townie. At the time I thought option 3 was the most likely but as the game has continued I find it has gone more the way of option 1. You haven't kept hard on Ben this whole time, instead gone on to ask others their thoughts on the situation.

2. What about Dj's response to nyn is it town or scum? Which is more likely? and why.

I find DJ's reponse to Nyn scummy. In the last game we were in she did a very good job of being scum and was similar in her responses to being questioned by others. She also did a lot of "rereading will post later" posts and didn't contribute to the discussion a whole lot. And it worked really well for her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am still waiting for ironeyes and that other person I forget that players name. Effort does not indicate alignment. Infiniti tell me something that makes you town in poem form, or not y'know?

@Ben Do you think Randal is right that their is no benefit as town to claim therefore it follows that the person that claimed had nefarious intentions?

@infiniti Do you think town should lie? Just unfettered curiousity.

@everyone did you know that it is actually not appropriate to toast during yom kippur (I am watching the good wife).

Reads list:

Ben

Nyn

ironeyes

infiniti

lessa

Rand

Dj

lzm

Response are in green. Atm DJ is pinging me the most so [v]Unvote[/v] [v]Dar'Jen[/v]

Lessa how much experience do you have with mafia?

In all the time I've played, maybe 10 games. The last game I played was the HP one in the WT and it has been years since the last time I played before that. The first one I remember playing was a WoT based one where I was Basel Gill and made to the very end and then died because the last person on the scum team was great and I didn't catch on.

[ v ] name [ / v ]

Looking at DJ now. For reference, my starting set of assumptions looks something like this: DJ is new to the game, so if she were scum, she'd probably make the standard set of mistakes. I don't think Lessa is a very controlling player, so I won't spend much time looking for "coaching." 

Anyway. Starts the game with a lot of fluff, then this happens. 

[V]Dar'Jen[/v]

A vote for me already? Really?

So what did I do this time? Willing to critique me and point out my wolfish behaviour, or do I not exhibit any, and this is an attempt to eliminate a possible town because you are mafia?

I already have a headache this morning and thinking about mafia does not help. But hey, it's fun.

Actually neither. It was a rando vote.

Not the best reaction to it, though. Why do you sound so salty? Did you get voted a lot in previous games?

Didn't mean to come across as salty, just still trying to figure out how everyone comes to their conclusions.

This is only my second solo game, so still trying to learn how things function. As your vote on me was random, then guess I won't learn any insight. Have the feeling you have played mafia a ot, and was hoping you could tell me what actions/words had given that vibe.

Oh well. Sorry. And didn't mean any attitude. Legitimately have a headache, came in and saw you vote and was just well, curious.

Nyn's suspicion is justified, I think, since DJ reacted pretty strongly to her random vote. But I like the timing of her reaction, and her ready-to-learn attitude. 

As I said, this game promotes suspicion and analysis, be it for good or bad. Going to try to have fun with it.

I'm more curious in the general sense if certain actions, words, phrases, tetc are viewed as town versus mafia. Is a particular word choice more likely to scream mafia, intended or not.

I could say that I'm town, and it could be the truth, but with the nature of the game, it could be a lie, and even making the statement can be viewed a certain way. I am not making any claim of anything at the moment, just giving an example, so please don't read anything into it one way or the other. And by saying that, it can be viewed a certain way. See what I mean?

I'm just curious if there are certain indicators you have learned during your game experience. A d obviously if you cannot discuss here and now, perhaps you would consider a conversation after the game, with whatever results come.

I just kinda lolled at this one. Definitely has the air of a new-ish player establishing a place in our old-boys-club of a forum. 

Most stress is real life related.

Right now my game stressed is Ben. Why do you think I'm wolf?

Seriously though, I think I'm going to have to just keep things as simple as possible. As you said it's early in the game, and with little to go on, folks will use the smallest thing to influence their opinion of a player in the game.

Just wanted to apologize for the initial morning post. And thank you for the conversation. My head still hurts, but trying to be a bit more focused and aware of how things can be interpreted.

Why is voting on LZM listed twice above, instead of as (2)?

And why does Lessa think I'm "scummy"? Because of yesterday morning's conversation?

Oh well. Think I'm scummy all you want, but I promise you that I am very clean and am town. But the thing about this game is every statement can be scrutinized and dissected.

If I vote Lessa, it would be viewed, likely as retaliation, and honestly, I don't have a good feel on her.

Not sure about Nyn, but I get that she is experienced and talented at the game.

I believe that LZM did do a reveal for the sake of conversation, so trying to determine how I want to take that.

Random talking football could be conversation, or an attempt to distract, but haven't decided how I feel about it yet.

Infiniti is new and trying to get started. Good luck by the way.

Ben. Feeling more town than mafia to me, but could be that he conversed with me.

Ironeyes. Brief time. Not much opinion.

Shitsure. Thinking there. Thinking they made same claim as LZM? Will have to look back for that. If so why? Could be truth. But way lie about being the same character this early? Unless to cause concussion? (Scratches head in confusion.) Good job. But I need to double check that, and see who I'm missing.

Two things here. One, she seems very conscious of how other people view her actions. Not necessarily scummy, since it's a natural reaction to the game. Heck, I've been playing for years and I still get myself lynched regularly by being too image conscious. Second, the bolded part about Lessa feels like light distancing. Which plays into the next one: 

Shame on you. (Chuckles)

Seriously though, as scum, I would think you would want to avoid association with other scum as much as possible. That way if one ousted, you are not easily linked to them.

DJ focuses the majority of her posting on Ben and Nyn, only mentioning Lessa a handful of times prior to her vote (quoted below). I could easily see this as an attempt to "avoid association" without realizing that avoidance ends up linking you to a player as well. 

And some votes:

Dang, thought deadline was later.

In light of needing to vote before deadline, and not having good reads on anyone else, I will cast my vote.

[v] Shitsure [/v]

Dang it. SK was one I had the most possible scum read on from earlier, but then scimmed more threads. You make a valid argument against Lessa and I'm willing to support. Hope it makes a difference.

Hope I do this right. Stupid formatting and on phone at work.

[unvote] [v]Lessa[/v]

Votes based on her reads, sees that it isn't going anywhere, then sheeps Nyn just like I did. Granted, it paid off. Definitely not complaining there. But she was the second-to-last vote, and openly admitted to being reluctant to vote. 

Stepped away from my desk to post this real quick.

Amen, Nyn. I really have no clue how to read tells, especially on day one. I'm hoping you are town, and trying to draw from your experience and knowledge. And hoping my vote counts for something.

I am going with Lessa because as you had indicated, she initially voted SK, then switched to me, and then you pointed out how it was suicidal for SK to CC if he was maffia. So, hoping you are right. Lessa has not contributed a lot to conversation and then voted against me. My initial reluctance in voting Less a was for fear it would be viewed as retaliation for her vote on me. I am following your example, but folks will read what they will from the move.

For those of you with experience, does it get any easier to read people? I am gathering that D1 is always a bit harder, but overall, does it get easy?

I'm going to have to cut this short, but I'll summarize. Seen in a vacuum, I wouldn't call DJ scum. However, I see reason for her to have possibly been Lessa's teammate. Given that, I put more weight on my read of her as an individual, so I'm going to call the result of this ISO a town lean. Hopefully I can come back this afternoon to look at the other three of you. 

Or maybe I'll start with ISOing Lessa. I'm terrible at doing what I planned to do, aren't I? 

Here's a series of posts that caught my attention. I'll break it down later. 

Is that a question for me? I am not entirely sure about it being for me.

Yes, it was meant as a question to you, I apologize that it wasn't clear. It's why I voted you, to get you to answer.

Yes I voted for ben based on a justifiable hunch that I intentionally pushed hard. I wanted to see if someone would call me out or ask why not DJ as well. Or why isn't DJ just as guilty as ben. The hard push on people when the game starts It causes a loss of motivation as town when someone tunnels on you, scum would blow up or fake blow up in my opinion. Town might blow up more often town would just vote me back. Which is what I was waiting for from Ben, but scummier fish to fry. There was nothing else that made me feel that way. And discussion would happen either way I am not responsible for what others posts, but if I am indirectly involved I am more than happy to move things along. And I have not forgotten about Dj's what could be considered entry faux pas into the game. Randal seems almost to happy to move things along. Nyn and ben trying to be game solvey really looks good for them.

But let's put things in perspective. You haven't proffered any reads. Just a vote. Several things have happened and you have remained neutral. Like a rock. Someone in thread said a lot more significant posts have been made than in 10 pages. So...onto your post

It is hard to follow the intent in this post. Your rudimentary analysis of the situation isn't done here. You have listed 'possibilities', but have not given your reasoning on why which theory is most likely.

To be completely honest I am not sure to who you are talking to in your posts. I can't actually read your mind, so can we go through it step by step.

1. Which posts can be town or scum alternatively who can be town or scum based on their posts i.e. Whomst are you referring to at the beginning.

I was initially referring to DJ/Nyn interaction and your interaction with Ben. Your interaction with Ben could be seen as 1 of 3 ways: 1) 2 townies thinking the other is scum, 2) 2 scum trying to distance themselves from each other, or 3) a scum going after a townie. At the time I thought option 3 was the most likely but as the game has continued I find it has gone more the way of option 1. You haven't kept hard on Ben this whole time, instead gone on to ask others their thoughts on the situation.

2. What about Dj's response to nyn is it town or scum? Which is more likely? and why.

I find DJ's reponse to Nyn scummy. In the last game we were in she did a very good job of being scum and was similar in her responses to being questioned by others. She also did a lot of "rereading will post later" posts and didn't contribute to the discussion a whole lot. And it worked really well for her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am still waiting for ironeyes and that other person I forget that players name. Effort does not indicate alignment. Infiniti tell me something that makes you town in poem form, or not y'know?

@Ben Do you think Randal is right that their is no benefit as town to claim therefore it follows that the person that claimed had nefarious intentions?

@infiniti Do you think town should lie? Just unfettered curiousity.

@everyone did you know that it is actually not appropriate to toast during yom kippur (I am watching the good wife).

Reads list:

Ben

Nyn

ironeyes

infiniti

lessa

Rand

Dj

lzm

Response are in green. Atm DJ is pinging me the most so [v]Unvote[/v] [v]Dar'Jen[/v]

Lessa how much experience do you have with mafia?

In all the time I've played, maybe 10 games. The last game I played was the HP one in the WT and it has been years since the last time I played before that. The first one I remember playing was a WoT based one where I was Basel Gill and made to the very end and then died because the last person on the scum team was great and I didn't catch on.

[ v ] name [ / v ]

Right, before I go I'll explain this one. These three posts look like classic distancing, especially the part where she backs off SK and finds a reason to vote elsewhere. Then leaves her vote there till the end of the day. It's a point in favor of a Lessa/SK scum team. 

• RP - LEGACY

Marsh, I need to be as analytical as you. And I need to get better at doing the whole quite thing, but hard when I'm on my phone.

Based off your vote review, am I correct that SK has not voted in the game at all? I still apologize for missing deadline. But does it look like SK is trying to only provide accusations without taking a stand by voting?

Marsh, I need to be as analytical as you. And I need to get better at doing the whole quite thing, but hard when I'm on my phone.

Based off your vote review, am I correct that SK has not voted in the game at all? I still apologize for missing deadline. But does it look like SK is trying to only provide accusations without taking a stand by voting?

Comes with practice. And yeah, quoting like that is nearly impossible without my laptop, which I why I don't do it often. I play from my phone a lot. 

SK voted three or four times on day one, but retracted them all. I actually gave him an initial town read for the first two. 

Mother's milk in a cup! I wanted to play with Sooh! :mad:

I agree, Marsh. We gotta get busy and find the last one. I've been distracted today with shopping, D&D character generation, and a movie, but I can play a bit now, and I should be able to play later in the evening. Gotta go throw some laundry in right now if there's a machine open, though. I hate not have washer/dryer hookups in this condo. :dry:

• RP - LEGACY

I am not happy About Sooh being gone. I know Sooh was standing in for Infiniti, and they as they same person were town. Did we find out which character, or did I miss it? Still, I was looking forward to getting to watch Sooh in action.

I am going to think over what has occurred, and what insight has been provided, and attempt to offer some of my own thoughts in the morning. It's an early start tomorrow with school starting, and I am hoping that work calms down a bit so that I can take a "break" to offer comment. I will vote tomorrow. Not about to make that mistake again.

Again. sorry for not posting much last night. It was hard for me to sit infront of a screen. But here is the death of Sooh in text.

Perrin was sitting at a table, drawing wolves. He didn´t know why he was so fashinated with wolves. He had always been. Sometimes he dreamt about wolves. In his dreams he could talk to them and fly with them. That was how he knew it was a dream, because wolves doesn´t fly, right? He checked his drawing, the fur should be more grey and the paws should be a little bigger. 

He was so into his drawing that he didn´t hear the voice at first. The man had to sit down next for him and put a hand on his shoulder.

- Perrin.

- Master Luhhan! What are you doing here?

- I thought it would be a surprice.

- Have you talked to my parents?

- I have, and they said that it was okay for you to come visit me a day or two every week. If you want to, of course.

- Of course I want to! Will you teach me how to make swords, or axes?

- No, no, no. Today you can watch me work. You have to be a little older to become a smith.

Perrin could be a bit slow sometimes, but that was because he liked to think things through. Other boys might have been sad that they could only watch but after some consideration he decided that he should just be happy that he finally would be able to visit the smith. He had wanted that for as long as he could remember. 

He put away the crayons and Master Luuhan lifted him up. Time for an adventure!

Sooh, Perrin, vanilla town has been lynched. 

• RP - LEGACY

Poor Perrin.

Very early start and I'm already tired. Will do my best to contribute.

Right now, my suspicion lays on SK. May have voted to get "conversation", but has never voted come end of day; going off what Marsh showed of votes

Getting a lot of finger pointing but not a lot in way of conversation and contribution to the overall game. But I suppose that is my opinion.

I'll try to post more after while.