DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

NFL Discussion

RandA lThor

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have anything spicy to add to the current standings tbh. Jacksonville will probably pass up the Titans in the AFC South. uhh.... yeah that's all I've got.

That wouldn’t surprise me. Their defense will keep them in games with anyone, though their downfall is ultimately going to be Bortles unless he suddenly just gets it.

The AFC West is sort of surprising. The Broncos lack of offense is a continuation of last season but I think Lynch is gonna be taking over soon so we’ll see. The Chiefs are probably gonna buckle after starting 5-0 and then losing 3 of the next 4. The Raiders might come surging back to take the division.

It’ll be interesting to see what shakes out between NE and Buffalo in the east. They still have to play each other twice in the final stretch.

NFC looks a little more solid. Saints are strong in the South, Philly in the East, and most likely the Vikings in the North. West will come down to the Rams continuing to win and then taking their second game against Seattle at home. The Hawks are probably in the decline with the O-line deficiencies catching up.

• 2 months later...
  • Community Administrator
32 minutes ago, CUBAREY said:

Yia, well, when you can resurrect Joe Capp and the old viking defense call me, untill then Vikings are just the least of the NFC Central Division.

Are you watching NFL from 3 years ago? Because clearly yo're not seeing the same games everyone else is, :laugh:

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/266226/how-the-vikings-built-the-nfls-no-1-defense

Edited by SinisterDeath

"it can be attributed in large part to a roster that includes two All-Pros and two players who made the Pro Bowl"

So 4 guys who are good enough to be one of the 50 or so all-pro, pro-bowl players?  Vikings have not won anything, they at best have potential. Like I said they resurrect the 1970 team then come talk to me.

• Community Administrator
17 hours ago, CUBAREY said:

"it can be attributed in large part to a roster that includes two All-Pros and two players who made the Pro Bowl"

So 4 guys who are good enough to be one of the 50 or so all-pro, pro-bowl players?  Vikings have not won anything, they at best have potential. Like I said they resurrect the 1970 team then come talk to me.

Holy Cherry Picking Batman!

Here's the whole paragraph, not just the pro-bowl players.

Four seasons later, the Vikings have the NFL's top defense -- whether you measure by scoring (15.8 points allowed per game), yards (275.9 per game) or third-down percentage (25.2). No Minnesota defense has accomplished that feat since 1970, and it can be attributed in large part to a roster that includes two All-Pros and two players who made the Pro Bowl.

Edited by SinisterDeath