DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

NFL Discussion

RandA lThor

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the Browns pull a Browns with their two picks?

Mayfield and Ward??? Probably could have gotten Ward a little later if they could have found a trading partner. I hope they do better in round two. Good thing they traded for Taylor, LOL.

Bills did pretty well value wise with their picks I think. I'm not really sold on Allen tho. I guess we will see.

If you are Joe Flacco, how you feeling this morning?

Rosen probably couldn't have found a better landing space than Arizona. 

Pretty  happy with Lions drafting O line. Not exciting but I think it was needed. 

Who didn't get picked that you expected to in round 1?

On 4/27/2018 at 12:05 AM, Turin Turambar said:

And the Browns pull a Browns with their two picks?

Mayfield and Ward??? Probably could have gotten Ward a little later if they could have found a trading partner. I hope they do better in round two. Good thing they traded for Taylor, LOL.

Bills did pretty well value wise with their picks I think. I'm not really sold on Allen tho. I guess we will see.

If you are Joe Flacco, how you feeling this morning?

Rosen probably couldn't have found a better landing space than Arizona. 

Pretty  happy with Lions drafting O line. Not exciting but I think it was needed. 

Who didn't get picked that you expected to in round 1?

Landry and maybe Guice. Some of the OLs that went early in R2 as well.

I would say to wait for the Browns to take the field to see what happens, but yeah, on its face taking Ward over Chubb and Mayfield at #1 seems to be only something the Browns could do. I’m actually a bit surprised that the Giants took Barkley with Eli turning 37 this year but I guess they like their backup.

Totally agree about Rosen to the Cards. He was the best pro passer in this class imo. Darnold is the better overall athlete but Rosen’s arm is silky smooth. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Josh Allen doesn’t pan out. Could be a matter of having subpar teammates at Wyoming but having a career sub 60% completion rating isn’t a good look.

Overall it was an interesting draft. Not a ton of top tier talent in R1 but I thought everything from R2-4 was really deep. A lot of teams look well improved coming out of it, at least on paper.

Browns did do better in second round. Some of their later picks have high star/bust potential tho. Time will tell. 

Looking like the Giants are truly commiting to balance on offense. Barkley, Solder, Hernandez all together should improve the run game and potentially give OBJ more room to operate. 

Bears had good draft too IMO. If Trubisky grows as a QB they could be decent. 

Lions did okay, I think. I'm reading the "experts" think they stretched for a DB but I'm hoping my old high school teammate can coach him up(or just sees something they missed). 

32 minutes ago, Turin Turambar said:

Browns did do better in second round. Some of their later picks have high star/bust potential tho. Time will tell. 

Looking like the Giants are truly commiting to balance on offense. Barkley, Solder, Hernandez all together should improve the run game and potentially give OBJ more room to operate. 

Bears had good draft too IMO. If Trubisky grows as a QB they could be decent. 

Lions did okay, I think. I'm reading the "experts" think they stretched for a DB but I'm hoping my old high school teammate can coach him up(or just sees something they missed).

Yeah, the Bears definitely did well. Smith is a solid LB and I like the two receivers they got to give Mitch some more weapons.

I’d need to look at the Lion’s haul to give better input but Ragnow in the first was a solid pick. Dude is a road grater and you can never go wrong building from the inside-out imo.

Hernandez on the Giants is gonna be a bully. I know a lot of guys from a Cowboys forum I lurk wanted him at #19. Not really looking forward to seeing him and Barkley twice a year now, especially since Dallas isn’t particularly strong up the middle.

I think my Broncos did quite well. I really wanted Hernandez (most of us did, including Elway), but we couldn't get past the Giants to grab him. I think the line will be improved with Veldheer though (hope he stays healthy), and Keenum, who is savvier than Siemian and should get rid of the ball quicker and have better pocket awareness and movement. 

This is the first draft that they didn't take boom-or-bust, low floor/high potential players early on or reach at positions of need early on. The first few rounds, they arguably took the best player available, and they primarily took guys who are football-smart, high-motor players with good attitudes and work ethics. That should pay dividends in team culture and locker room dynamics down the road. They also coached three of their draft picks at the Senior Bowl, so I assume those are guys who should have a good chance of succeeding.

Sad to see that they don't have a ready replacement for Roby; they should have kept Talib another year, but improving the pass rush should help the corners, and Su'a Cravens should be able to cover tight ends. Tired of Kelce having big games against us. :dry:

I thought the Giants did well getting Barkley and Hernandez.

Miller & Chubb is going to be hell on offenses. I like the receivers the Broncos got as well. I heard a lot of stuff that Elway liked Rosen but after signing Keenum and with Chubb dangling there at #5, I would’ve done the same.

10 hours ago, Andrej said:

Miller & Chubb is going to be hell on offenses. I like the receivers the Broncos got as well. I heard a lot of stuff that Elway liked Rosen but after signing Keenum and with Chubb dangling there at #5, I would’ve done the same.

I like Sutton's sticky hands. Keenum throws a lot of 50/50 balls out there, and Sutton looks like he's good at grabbing those.

Rosen will probably turn into a good quarterback, but yeah, I think they had to take Chubb. That was pretty much the consensus on the Broncos' SB Nation blog, anyway.

1 hour ago, Gentled Ben said:

I like Sutton's sticky hands. Keenum throws a lot of 50/50 balls out there, and Sutton looks like he's good at grabbing those.

Rosen will probably turn into a good quarterback, but yeah, I think they had to take Chubb. That was pretty much the consensus on the Broncos' SB Nation blog, anyway.

St. Brown has some nice traits too. That’ll be a nice pair of big WRs out on the edge once they develop.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Super Bowl predictions???

Or if you’re not feeling so confident, Division winners + wild card teams?

I’ll go out on a limb:

1) The Chargers win the AFC West this season. 2) The Rams either make the big game or implode brilliantly.

3) The NFC will have more teams with winning records sitting out of the playoffs than the AFC.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Krakalakachkn said:

Fantasy Football:

1. Krak

2. AJ

3. Vambram

4. Clov

5. Turin

Which website do we want to use for Fantasy football this year? I prefer Yahoo for fantasy football, but I'm more than willing to do this with another fantasy service, such as espn's, or even the nfl's fantasy football website.

21 hours ago, Vambram said:

Which website do we want to use for Fantasy football this year? I prefer Yahoo for fantasy football, but I'm more than willing to do this with another fantasy service, such as espn's, or even the nfl's fantasy football website.

I used yahoo the first few years, espn the last few, so I'm fine with either of those

On 7/20/2018 at 9:33 PM, Andrej said:

Super Bowl predictions???

Or if you’re not feeling so confident, Division winners + wild card teams?

I’ll go out on a limb:

1) The Chargers win the AFC West this season. 2) The Rams either make the big game or implode brilliantly.

3) The NFC will have more teams with winning records sitting out of the playoffs than the AFC.

49ers 19-0 Superbowl Champs

Jimmy GQ MVP of both League and Superbowl

10000 yards passing 78 TDs

Book It