A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

NFL Discussion

RandA lThor

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, amegakure said:

What's everyone think of Mahomes and the chiefs chances of winning more than one playoff game? 

I haven’t seen him play since he was at Tech but the guy has a cannon, at least.

I really don’t think Alex Smith was the problem. The first half against the Titans he and Kelse lit it up, but once Kelse was out they couldn’t move the ball anymore. Hunt and Hill are one-trick ponies imo. They need more versatile offensive weapons.

I feel you. I think Mahomes will just do a better job of finishing things when it counts even if his #1 is out. 

Or he could just tell hill to run really fast for a 80 yard bomb. 

I think alot comes down to not using hunt on p/r options and Reid over complicating plays for the oline. I think hill and hunt have more room to grow. Hills dad died so i give him a pass on that game. Conley will probably be a good match with pat too.

I definitely agree that his ceiling is higher. Alex is a good QB but Pat has the ~potential to be better. I don’t hate the trade. They got a third rounder in this upcoming draft where you could find a serviceable guy and a CB in the deal to add more depth to an already good secondary. It all makes sense but now they need to build around Pat to get that success he’s capable of.

I almost love the off season as much as the regular lol

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, amegakure said:

dont remind me...ugh im so fing mad right now. Fuller isn't good enough and i doubt we get another draft pick who plays like peters. I cant believe they did that. It's getting hard to be a chiefs fan. 

I guess it’s a rebuild move? Stock up on some draft picks and replenish the LB corps and Dline. Maybe find some weapons for Pat?

idk man. Starting a rebuild by giving up one of your star players still on their rookie contract seems counterproductive to me.

If thats what they're calling it don't be deceived. Andy and Clark hunt just dont want a player kneeling and cant handle someone who plays to win and gets emontional. They are also retarded because they didn't plan to resign him next year so they gave him away for some garbage picks. Not even a 1st R pick. 

I just hope Mahomes blows up on Reid when he trys to lose the game with some conservative BS. Shows him what winning is about.

Got any draft darlings?

I would absolutely love to get that TE from Oklahoma is he’s on the board by the time Dallas picks. Big body, good hands, solid run blocker. He’s a bigger Witten imo and would be perfect for two TE sets.

On 3/1/2018 at 12:23 AM, Andrej said:

Got any draft darlings?

I would absolutely love to get that TE from Oklahoma is he’s on the board by the time Dallas picks. Big body, good hands, solid run blocker. He’s a bigger Witten imo and would be perfect for two TE sets.

I'd be the happiest guy in the world if I can buy a Patriots Nick Chubb jersey in May.

On 3/4/2018 at 9:45 PM, Krakalakachkn said:

Our running game last year was sick.

Ridiculously. And the RBs just keep committing lol. Next year it’ll be some combo of Zaire, Swift and Holyfield with a year older Fromm and a year bigger Oline. Nasty.

Jarvis Landry from the Dolphins is being traded to Cleveland for one 2018 & 19 draft picks. Reportedly none of those picks are higher than a 3rd. Tyrod Taylor was acquired for a 2018 3rd. CB Damarious Randall from Green Bay for QB Kizer. Three trades in one day that address some good needs. I have a feeling they are going to draft Barkley #1 overall (duh) and then pick up their choice of QB from whoever is left at #4 to sit and develop behind Taylor.

Looks like hiring Costner is finally paying off for the Browns.

giphy.gif

Edited by Andrej

I like what the Browns did. I don't really know what the "experts" dislike about Taylor. If I were a Browns fan I would be very disappointed if they don't take Barkley first. I would even consider not taking a QB at 4 and helping fill a different need. Maybe even trade down. 

5 hours ago, Turin Turambar said:

I like what the Browns did. I don't really know what the "experts" dislike about Taylor. If I were a Browns fan I would be very disappointed if they don't take Barkley first. I would even consider not taking a QB at 4 and helping fill a different need. Maybe even trade down. 

I agree. Taylor is a serviceable guy, and with Landry coming onboard he’ll have good targets to throw to as well. Barkley is hands down the #1 pick imo. That’d be a pretty good offense if they could get all those guys on the field together. I still think they go QB at #4 but then again, who knows? Depends on who is on the board or if anyone trades up to #2-3, etc. I haven’t read anything to indicate any way the Browns might be leaning on the QBs and I’d say Barkley is about as close to a lock as it gets imo.