A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

NFL Discussion

RandA lThor

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Andrej said:

ESPN reports Alex Smith traded to the Washington Redskins and is expected to be given a four year extension averaging $23.5mil a year with $71mil guaranteed. The deal cannot be finalized until March 14th and the Redskins are expected to give up a third round pick and corner Kendall Fuller.

Initial thoughts?

Against it. 

Unless the chiefs think they don't need a quater back. There's no one better in the draft (that they'll be able to get), or on the market.

2 hours ago, Krakalakachkn said:

I think Foles stays with the Eagles.

Cousins - I wouldn't mind seeing him at Denver

I was mistaken. Foles in on contract through next season as well so he could only move if traded.

There’s a few good landing spots for Cousins. Denver is what I keep hearing, but Arizona needs a QB as well and has some decent pieces. Cleveland, of course, is looking for one and if they sign a vet in free agency they could use their #1 and #4 picks on some other insta-playmakers. Plus they have the most cap space, I think.

He's gotta be traded, right?  You can't ride the pine as the reigning SB MVP, coming off the (second) best game of your career.  The franchise can't start a guy that's been mediocre - at best - over the #2 overall pick that they traded up for.  

If I were Cousins I'd probably rather play for the Jags.  I know the Browns have more cap but what's 10 million compared to super bowl contenders?  Cousins already been paid.

1 hour ago, Clovdyx said:

He's gotta be traded, right?  You can't ride the pine as the reigning SB MVP, coming off the (second) best game of your career.  The franchise can't start a guy that's been mediocre - at best - over the #2 overall pick that they traded up for.  

There's no guarantee Wentz will be ready to start the season or won't reinjure himself.  

• Community Administrator
7 hours ago, Krakalakachkn said:

If I were Cousins I'd probably rather play for the Jags.  I know the Browns have more cap but what's 10 million compared to super bowl contenders?  Cousins already been paid.

There's no guarantee Wentz will be ready to start the season or won't reinjure himself.  

Maybe Vikings will pick up Wentz since we keep getting hasbeen Eagles QBs. :wink:

22 hours ago, Clovdyx said:

You’d think so, yeah - but he isn’t a big cap hit and he just proved himself one hell of an insurance policy. I mean, I would think Philly would want to cash in but I really have no clue. I wouldn’t accept anything short of a first rounder in 2018, and maybe even 2019.

20 hours ago, Krakalakachkn said:

To the tune of +25mil the past two years, good point. I suppose him refusing to resign with the Skins could be a product of burned bridges and not necessarily a money issue. We’ll see.

I’m not sure the Jags are quite ready to pull the plug on Bortles though and their cap is gonna be locked up with that defense with the likes of Campbell, Bouye, and eventually Jack and Ramsey with expiring rookie deals. Their window is small to bring on another expensive vet.

Edited by Andrej

8 hours ago, Andrej said:

To the tune of +25mil the past two years, good point. I suppose him refusing to resign with the Skins could be a product of burned bridges and not necessarily a money issue. We’ll see.

I’m not sure the Jags are quite ready to pull the plug on Bortles though and their cap is gonna be locked up with that defense with the likes of Campbell, Bouye, and eventually Jack and Ramsey with expiring rookie deals. Their window is small to bring on another expensive vet.

I was assuming Bortles stays, but I saw something recently that mentioned the Jags as if that wasn't going to happen after all.  I didn't read it, I just assumed, so yeah.

You know you have a good relationship when the President gets your name wrong over and over.

I think the Jags are ~unlikely, personally.

From everything I’ve heard/seen it looks like Denver or Arizona could be the biggest contenders which is sort of interesting considering they’re both drafting pretty early on in the 1st. But I guess if they’re able to get their QB in free agency they can focus instead on getting weapons/protecting them/upgrading defense. Denver would go OL, I think, and I could see Arizona looking for a Larry Fitzgerald replacement (as if that’s possible).