NFL Discussion

RandA lThor

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/24/2018 at 12:30 PM, Andrej said:

It wasn’t lol

That Rams/Chiefs game was an anomaly imo. Maybe not unexpected for those two teams, but certainly not the norm across the League.

either way, it was a fun game to watch once the flags stopped flying every play.

Couldn't disagree more.  One of the dumbest games I've ever seen.  Yeah, it's fun to see a couple big plays, but I want to say there were like 20 plays of 20+ yards.  There were more touchdowns in that game than the Bills had all season (at that point).  

2 minutes ago, Clovdyx said:

Couldn't disagree more.  One of the dumbest games I've ever seen.  Yeah, it's fun to see a couple big plays, but I want to say there were like 20 plays of 20+ yards.  There were more touchdowns in that game than the Bills had all season (at that point).  

well the Bills suck so that's not a surprising stat.

I love a good slugfest defensive battle kind of game, but I have to admit that the style that Chiefs and Rams play with has its own merit. Statistically their defenses are pretty terrible, but I think part of that could be that their offense can get off the field with a TD so quickly that it leaves the D out to dry. Despite the ridiculous yardage and scoring of that game, there were some pretty great defensive plays too. Aaron Donald had two friggin strip sacks, one that went for a TD. The offenses were just... better.

• 4 weeks later...

Playoffs more or less locked up.

AFC

1. Chiefs

2. Patriots

3. Texans

4. Ravens

5. Chargers

6. Colts/Titans/Steelers

NFC

1. Saints

2. Rams

3. Bears

4. Cowboys

5. Seahawks

6. Vikings/Eagles

Pretty sure that’s accurate going into W17. Winner of Colts/Titans gets in, but if Texans lose that winner gets the division crown & Houston drops to wildcard. I believe the same applies to Chiefs/Chargers if the Chiefs lose and Chargers win.

Eagles need to win & have the Vikings lose, so they’re less likely but you never know. I didn’t think they’d beat the Rams on the road and then the Texans in back-to-back games. Freakin Foles making magic happen once again.

Chargers seem to be better on the road for some reason, and they’re supposed to be getting some guys back from injury so I don’t think that game will look the same as it did two weeks ago.

Seattle is dangerous.

Colts v Texans is a toss up imo.

Chicago’s offense needs to generate against a banged up Philly secondary.

On 1/2/2019 at 6:53 AM, Zanatron said:

Seattle

Chicago

UPSET PICK RAVENS!!!!

Indy

Not really sure you could call the Ravens an upset pick atp. They’re playing at home and on a winning streak, plus they already beat the Chargers a few weeks ago.

8 hours ago, Andrej said:

Not really sure you could call the Ravens an upset pick atp. They’re playing at home and on a winning streak, plus they already beat the Chargers a few weeks ago.

Dallas, Chicago, Texans, Chargers UNLESS the Ravens game is a 1:00 PM eastern in which case give me the birds.

14 hours ago, Zanatron said:

Fair enough

In any football discussion you’re supposed to call me an idiot for being wrong. this isn’t Mafia 

its sorta jacked the Chargers are tied for first record wise but since they share a division with the Chiefs they are a #5 seed

Edited by Andrej